ADVERTISEMENT

Best teams not to a win State Championship game

I was at the West Rowan n Tuscola game in the playoffs. That was one heck of a game. Another comes to mind in 2010 playoffs I believe. Hibriten at West Rowan. That was a dog fight. Hibriten could have won that one as well as West Rowan.
The Hibriten team of 09 was very talented, but lacking in discipline and above all, heart. That is why they allowed a less talented Tuscola team to beat them in the end on their home field.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
2005 East Rutherford. Lost to eventual champion Shelby in the third round, 23-20. East Rutherford had beat Shelby three weeks prior in the regular season finale, 23-21. Really good team. Went 12-2 that year. Other loss was to Pisgah, 20-17. East Rutherford beat Pisgah in the second round of the playoffs that same year.

2002 Asheville led ashbrook 16-3 with 2:34 left and lost in OT in the fourth round. Yes you read that right. Ashbrook would go on to win the state championship

2004 Asheville led Concord 20-0 with 5:43 left and lost 21-20 in the fourth round. Yes you read that right. Concord would go on to win the state championship

Asheville goes for 2 against north Gaston down 35-34 with a min left in the fourth round and come up literal inches short.

2014 Asheville loses in third round to weddington 28-25

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
2002 Asheville led ashbrook 16-3 with 2:34 left and lost in OT in the fourth round. Yes you read that right. Ashbrook would go on to win the state championship

2004 Asheville led Concord 20-0 with 5:43 left and lost 21-20 in the fourth round. Yes you read that right. Concord would go on to win the state championship

Asheville goes for 2 against north Gaston down 35-34 with a min left in the fourth round and come up literal inches short.

2014 Asheville loses in third round to weddington 28-25
Seems like Asheville has been close but cant get over that Fourth Round Hump in the road. Asheville is always usually solid so I think they could eventually get there but ACR will stand in Asheville way in that area

Seems like Asheville has been close but cant get over that Fourth Round Hump in the road. Asheville is always usually solid so I think they could eventually get there but ACR will stand in Asheville way in that area
Lol Asheville high went undefeated in 2005 en route to a state championship and nobody in WNC produces more d1 talent than we do. We also lead the all time series against them head to head. However they have had our numbers in recent years. Everybody has

Lol Asheville high went undefeated in 2005 en route to a state championship and nobody in WNC produces more d1 talent than we do. We also lead the all time series against them head to head. However they have had our numbers in recent years. Everybody has
And that’s why I said Asheville is still a very good program but like you stated everyone has had your # in recent memory but That Asheville area is growing isn’t it?

And that’s why I said Asheville is still a very good program but like you stated everyone has had your # in recent memory but That Asheville area is growing isn’t it?

Growing with hippie

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BK13T-$

Should have won state in 2004 if y'all would have just milked the clock against Concord instead of stopping clock on incomplete passes in the 4th blowin a 20 point lead in the 4th

Should have won state in 2004 if y'all would have just milked the clock against Concord instead of stopping clock on incomplete passes in the 4th blowin a 20 point lead in the 4th
Asheville high threw 15 passes in the playoffs in 2004. We MIGHT have thrown 2 passes in the fourth quarter of that game. Running in between the tackles with 10 guys in the box was our demise in that game. And giving up 3-4 real long pass plays

I stand corrected I still can't believe it was 20 to 0 with 6 min left and yall lost. Don't see that very often.

Reactions: AhsCougar1
I stand corrected I still can't believe it was 20 to 0 with 6 min left and yall lost. Don't see that very often.
One of the worst collapses ever. And it may not even be the worst one Asheville has had!

2003 SE Raleigh Bulldogs. They got robbed on what should have been an incomplete pass that determined the outcome of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT