ADVERTISEMENT

Best SMC women's player ever

cavalier17

Jan 22, 2012
peachtree
Amanda Thompson, a Hayesville graduate was named Socon player of the year yesterday. Along with being player of the month for 3 months in a row. She is approaching 1000 Reb and 1000 points. She has started 125/126 games in her career and has the most win starts in Mercer program history along with 4 conference championships. In my opinion she is probably the most decorated women's basketball player to ever come out of the SMC.

Amanda Thompson, a Hayesville graduate was named Socon player of the year yesterday. Along with being player of the month for 3 months in a row. She is approaching 1000 Reb and 1000 points. She has started 125/126 games in her career and has the most win starts in Mercer program history along with 4 conference championships. In my opinion she is probably the most decorated women's basketball player to ever come out of the SMC.
I would say Cissy Bristol Dyer

Reactions: mbdfan
Thompson has had a great college career and congrats to her. But to answer your question, no, she is not the greatest SMC girls basketball player ever, she's not even the best player from Hayesville.

Cissy Bristol from Andrews was not only an amazing high school player but was an all ACC player at Clemson. There have been several other girls from the SMC that played power 5 D1 basketball as well, like Laura Cottrell from Hayesville who scored 2,000 points in high school and won 4 state titles and went on to star at Clemson.

With all that said Thompson has certainly had an outstanding and highly decorated college career and I hope Mercer make a return trip to the NCAA tournament (they have great shot) so she gets another go at the big dance to cap of her senior season.

Last edited:
Great athlete and person! She is one of the best to ever come out of the SMC

no

Cissy Bristol Dyer. I had the pleasure of watching her from youth through High School. She was the complete player and could do it all. Many good players have come out of the SMC and they will be many more to come

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT