ADVERTISEMENT

Best running backs in the title games

Chopper747

Jul 31, 2006
Witherspoon, Williams, Canada, Benson, etc.

The playoffs showcased some really good backs this season

Honerable mention to North Davidson, Shelby, South Point and Northeastern for top 2A rushing game

Canada might be best Reidsville pass receiver out of backfield I've ever seen I can't recall many drops. He ended year with 35 receptions for 570 yards and 7 TDs to go with 843 yards rushing (8.9 per carry) and 14 TDs.
Others maybe in the conversation: Letterlough last year or Cobb 1970. Who am I missing?

With jimmy having a young team next year will he consider giving Canada the amount of touches he gave Tayon 2005-2007 and let him try and carry the team for a year

Canada might be best Reidsville pass receiver out of backfield I've ever seen I can't recall many drops. He ended year with 35 receptions for 570 yards and 7 TDs to go with 843 yards rushing (8.9 per carry) and 14 TDs.
Others maybe in the conversation: Letterlough last year or Cobb 1970. Who am I missing?

Letterlough was simply the product of GREAT coaching and teamates around him.

lipscomb has another year? whats the height and weight on this transfer qb Pinnix has good size to be a freshman

Toughest player to replace will be #78.

Look for Breon Pass to be a superstar as a soph next year. Also expect Lipscomb to be Div I recruit at WR.

I think lipscombe is a sr? But we do have graves at wr too. I disagree mule I think blackstolk and titus will be hardest to replace.

Get the kids in the weightroom now and replacing these players wont be a problem I think pinnix with his size will eventually be much better than titus was no offense to him.

Reactions: Ram2012
Letterlough was simply the product of GREAT coaching and teamates around him.
Frank, Letterlough had 925 yards rushing as a freshman with 7 TDs and 1577 rushing with 21 total TDs (3 receiving) as a sophomore at ER. Not sure you can say his senior output was due solely to coaching and teammates.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
I totally agree about Pinnix and Pass has the potential to be Great!
Sometimes younger QBs take time to mature. Ray Ray Butchee was a man as a soph but that is usually the exception. If Pinnix can mature fast enough I agree he has the tools to be an outstanding QB.

Will have to wait until August to find out.

Javonte Williams was impressive running it at the Shrine Bowl today. Great two way player. Very impressed.
I made some positive posts about him on the insidecarolina.com message board and got ripped by another poster.

To me, he looked a bit like a young Natrone Means last Saturday night against my Reidsville Rams.

But what do I know. Only been watching running backs in North Carolina for the last 70 years.;)

I made some positive posts about him on the insidecarolina.com message board and got ripped by another poster.

To me, he looked a bit like a young Natrone Means last Saturday night against my Reidsville Rams.

But what do I know. Only been watching running backs in North Carolina for the last 70 years.;)
Natrone is the best comparison I've heard.

Reactions: blackbulldog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT