ADVERTISEMENT

Best HS football Rivalry in N.C.

Not sure why this is even being discussed. I guess everyone is bored I suppose. The man that helps run this very website said its one the greatest atmospheres he's ever seen.

Good to see ya back Big Bear. That's kinda what I mentioned to them a post or two ago but you know how some are on here, thier ego is bigger than thier IQ.
First off I was sort of having fun. Something that this place sorely lacks. With that said I’d be willing to match wits with you on anything and we can see who’s IQ is what.

Hopefully Crest can make that trip. I have no doubt it’s a wonderful place to play. One day you ride down to a Crest and Shelby game. You’ll see two quality programs with speed and power in abundance.

You enjoy your evening.

One day you ride down to a Crest and Shelby
No harm, no foul. I have nothing but respect for the two programs, especially Shelby, I've seen them play, seen them win and seen them loose. Never seen Crest though. Everyone up here in the mountains know that Cleveland County consistently produces top notch teams. Appreciate the invite and I will extend one to you to ride up the mountain and experience what all the hype is about in our rivalry game, especially when it's played in Canton. To see 12,000 to 15,000 at a high school football game is mind numbing.

No harm, no foul. I have nothing but respect for the two programs, especially Shelby, I've seen them play, seen them win and seen them loose. Never seen Crest though. Everyone up here in the mountains know that Cleveland County consistently produces top notch teams. Appreciate the invite and I will extend one to you to ride up the mountain and experience what all the hype is about in our rivalry game, especially when it's played in Canton. To see 12,000 to 15,000 at a high school football game is mind numbing.
I saw that Shelby Pisgah game on DVD. I must admit it was a great ballgame. Phenomenal crowd. I don’t know much about your program, but I know you all are passionate as any fan base around. Good luck this year. No joke.

Reactions: PBBear51
Pisgah/Tuscola half and half is always talked about but the rivalry... not so much🤷🏾‍♂️

Reactions: crestrulz
All rivalry talk is gonna be subjective. What Crest and Shelby has is special due to proximity and program success. Other rivalries can make their own claims and aren’t wrong for feeling theirs is special. No different than when we talk about Alabama-Auburn, Ohio State-Michigan or whatever else.

Reactions: PBBear51
All rivalry talk is gonna be subjective. What Crest and Shelby has is special due to proximity and program success. Other rivalries can make their own claims and aren’t wrong for feeling theirs is special. No different than when we talk about Alabama-Auburn, Ohio State-Michigan or whatever else.
Exactly. Everybody in this rivalry know each other on both sides.It could be brother vs brother,cousin vs cousin,or best friends vs each other on the field.In the stands it is the same way.I see lots of husband and wives on opposite sides.Then you take in account the product which is put on the field.Every year the goal for these two programs is sat to such a high standard it makes it tough when they don't make it to the finals.

Reactions: Crestuff
Again, if this thread was about "state titles" your two cents wouldn't look as retarted. Wouldn't you love to change the narrative... But you can't and that's hilarious.

Fair enough, RS Central and East Rutherford have the best rivalry. Why? Because that's the only thing people in Rutherford County have to cheer about because like a lot of other schools in NC they are both completely irrelevant. Ya see my point yet?

Fair enough, RS Central and East Rutherford have the best rivalry. Why? Because that's the only thing people in Rutherford County have to cheer about because like a lot of other schools in NC they are both completely irrelevant. Ya see my point yet?
I seen your point several post's ago. You want to make this thread about "State Titles" to have some kind of acknowledgement for Crest as being one of the best when clearly as the title reads, "Best HS football Rivalry in N.C." Therefore, you aint gonna get that concession on this thread from me because as the numbers that I submitted proves, the Pisgah - Tuscola Rivalry is the best HS rivalry in the state and a contender in the nation. And no offence but until you can prove me otherwise, that fact stands and your chatter about state titles on here is irrelevant.
Have a good day Sir.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisgah Bears
I seen your point several post's ago. You want to make this thread about "State Titles" to have some kind of acknowledgement for Crest as being one of the best when clearly as the title reads, "Best HS football Rivalry in N.C." Therefore, you aint gonna get that concession on this thread from me because as the numbers that I submitted proves, the Pisgah - Tuscola Rivalry is the best HS rivalry in the state and a contender in the nation. And no offence but until you can prove me otherwise, that fact stands and your chatter about state titles on here is irrelevant.
Have a good Sir.

That's just it. I'll never be able to prove you otherwise because of biased opinions. What we need is a unbiased person for example from Arizona who's never heard of either school involved in discussion and present our arguments...I got to be honest though, if I were told that there were two schools that are closer together than pisgah and tuscola and both are state powers with conference and state titles abundance then thats the one I'd probably go with. Duke and Carolina brother. Say whatever you want but it matters.

Crest91, that's just the thing. We do have an unbiased opinion about this. Chris Hughes the fella who helps run this website has been to a lot of high school football games. He himself said Pisgah/Tuscola was the most electric atmosphere for a high school football game he's been to. Hell even Shelby folks will tell you there's something about coming to Pisgah memorial stadium to play a ballgame. Hopefully when this covid stuff goes away I can get down there to see a shelby/ crest game for myself.

Crest91, that's just the thing. We do have an unbiased opinion about this. Chris Hughes the fella who helps run this website has been to a lot of high school football games. He himself said Pisgah/Tuscola was the most electric atmosphere for a high school football game he's been to.
Big Bear is this what you are talking about? ☝️

Reactions: bigbear'10
Best rivalry in college basketball (and arguably all sports) is Duke and Carolina and why? Multiple Championships, nationally, division, and conference wise. Crest and Shelby is no different. Pisgah vs Tuscola is comparable to two midgets with bad attitudes because both have short peckers, however, one is still bigger than the other and somebody gambles their last pay check from the paper mill away for the half and half because the north carolina lottery hasn't made it up the mountain that far yet apparently.

Midgets with short peckers 🤣🤣🤣 sounds like a southpoint family reunion..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT