ADVERTISEMENT

Best HS football Rivalry in N.C.

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Some saids AL Brown n Concord is the best football rivalry but do we have other opinions. Thoughts?

As far as the game atmosphere I will take Canton Pisgah v Waynesville Tuscola especially when the games is played at Pisgah.

Concord v AL Brown has lost a list of its luster but it was impressive back in the day when it was Kannapolis was still a mill town and both schools were really strong programs.

My top 5

Crest vs Shelby
Scottland vs Richmond
Tuscola vs Pisgah
AL Brown vs Concord
Page vs Grimsley

* Honorable mention
Davie County vs West Rowan
West Forsyth vs East Forsyth
Cleveland vs Clayton
New Bern vs Havlock

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I had planned on going to the Pisgah n Tuscola game before the breakout of the virus. Now I wouldn’t want to go until they let full capacity of fans in. Nothing like being at a game with big crowds. To me that adds to the excitement.

Reactions: PBBear51 and UNC91
As far as the game atmosphere I will take Canton Pisgah v Waynesville Tuscola especially when the games is played at Pisgah.

Concord v AL Brown has lost a list of its luster but it was impressive back in the day when it was Kannapolis was still a mill town and both schools were really strong programs.
[/QUOTE

I think the Kannapolis and Concord game has lost a lot of its luster since Concord has been down for the last few years. I know at Kannapolis last year Concord didn't have their side half full.

Reactions: UNC91
Tuscola/Pisgah @ Pisgah. And it's not even close. Crest/Shelby may have a much better product on the field, but as far as the best "rivalry", absolutely not. The biggest crowd Shelby has had at one of their games in the last generation was @ Pisgah, not even Crest. Lol. Brown vs Concord was pretty decent but nothing to write home about. Yeah I'm biased, but I've been to all of these games before. With the exception of Scotland vs Richmond, which I would love to see one day.

Last edited:
Tuscola/Pisgah @ Pisgah. And it's not even close. Crest/Shelby may have a much better product on the field, but as far as the best "rivalry", absolutely not. The biggest crowd Shelby has had at one of their games in the last generation was @ Pisgah, not even Crest. Lol. Brown vs Concord was pretty decent but nothing to write home about. Yeah I'm biased, but I've been to all of these games before. With the exception of Scotland vs Richmond, which I would love to see one day.

Best rivalry in college basketball (and arguably all sports) is Duke and Carolina and why? Multiple Championships, nationally, division, and conference wise. Crest and Shelby is no different. Pisgah vs Tuscola is comparable to two midgets with bad attitudes because both have short peckers, however, one is still bigger than the other and somebody gambles their last pay check from the paper mill away for the half and half because the north carolina lottery hasn't made it up the mountain that far yet apparently.

Catholic/Country Day used to be one of the best games in the state.
Catholic/Weddington could develop into a good rivalry with both schools looking at moving to 4A

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Catholic/Country Day used to be one of the best games in the state.
Catholic/Weddington could develop into a good rivalry with both schools looking at moving to 4A
Do you think Both Catholic n Weddington could possibly get moved into the SW4A Conference with Butler, MP and them?

Do you think Both Catholic n Weddington could possibly get moved into the SW4A Conference with Butler, MP and them?
No. There are enough Union County teams with Piedmont moving up to 4A to make their own conference or make a split conference.
Catholic will probably head to a Charlotte area conference.

Best rivalry in college basketball (and arguably all sports) is Duke and Carolina and why? Multiple Championships, nationally, division, and conference wise. Crest and Shelby is no different. Pisgah vs Tuscola is comparable to two midgets with bad attitudes because both have short peckers, however, one is still bigger than the other and somebody gambles their last pay check from the paper mill away for the half and half because the north carolina lottery hasn't made it up the mountain that far yet apparently.
LOL

We are the midgets.... please don't throw that on anyone else. We have grown to accept it.

Tuscola vs Pisgah is a 365 day a year experience.....not just a game! Blessed to go 4-1 in 5 tries vs the Bears
Those were some heady days in that rivalry for Tuscola. Coach do you remember that bizarre field goal THS tried to kick which went right into a PHS players hands off the kickers foot who then ran it back for a TD? I never even seen anything like that play in my life! If not for that, you may have been 5-0 in that series.

Reactions: DKJ
Well if Championships play a roll in determining best rivalry the in 1a atleast Robbinsville VS Murphy has to be the top.
Robbinsville is 6-4 vs Murphy out of ten.
They combine for about 25 state titles and have been to 9 of the last ten state Championships. Its basically the state title game year in and year out.

Wrong my top would be

North Gaston vs Bessemer City
Fred T Foard vs St. Stephens
SW Randolph vs North Moore

Mooreville/Hough
Mooreville/LN

Scotland vs Richmond
Concord vs AL Brown
Crest vs Shelby
When it comes to high school football Mooresville is not the best of anything and you got them on here twice. Have yall had a winning season since the 80s ?

Reactions: 84k
When it comes to high school football Mooresville is not the best of anything and you got them on here twice. Have yall had a winning season since the 80s ?
And what has Burns DONE? Cant even get past Shelby!?

Mooresville had done some things in Football - Noted - Playoffs success has not been great the last 5-8 years but OVERALL we have done WELL in the IMECK *Note: THE TOUGHEST CONFERENCE IN NC HANDS DOWN* AND ALSO Mooresville has had winning records and Did win conference in 2013.

So again the Question was Who is our Rival not What has your team done? So again You may not like Mooresville and You may not like me but Keep your comment to yourself because You have 0 Idea on what is going on or what been happening at Mooresville.

Since 2004:
Burns is 121-80 (62-38) and has 4 (Didnt Make Playoffs) , 3 (first rounds Losses) , 4 (2ndround losses) , 2 (3rd round losses) and 2 (4th round losses)

Mooresville is 112-85 (70-42) and has 4 (DMP) , 7 (1st round exits) , 4 (2nd round exits), 1 (3rd round exits) and 0 (4th round)

Reactions: SPRaiders78

make that trip to Mooresville, we will lay a fat L on you again. Only way Burns can beat us is with a 6hr lightning delay, film study durning the delay and officials on the payroll.

• Love
Good lord Lawn12Dog, You done went and ruffled some feathers over in Mooresville.
Lmao........I had no clue Mooresville was the greatest high school football power ever in the State of NC.....they are so good they will just go ahead and move up to the NFL.

• Haha
Reactions: MooresvilleDevil06
Lmao........I had no clue Mooresville was the greatest high school football power ever in the State of NC.....they are so good they will just go ahead and move up to the NFL.

Not sure that was ever implied 😂😂. we may take our Ls in the toughest conference in NC but we can at least say we aren’t ducking competition. 😋

Reactions: Lawn12Dog

Again you have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT