ADVERTISEMENT

Best and Worst Football Moments

LetsGetIt7

Oct 16, 2018
Wilkesboro
Honestly tired of talking Covid and politics. What is some of the Best and Worst Football moments you have have seen? 2008 WC beats North Surry for a conference title with about a 50 yard field goal as one of my best, just because it was exciting. Kicker was iced and still nailed it. As for the worst, I would say 2002 WW gets beat on a 40 yard field goal by West Montgomery as time expires in the 1st round of the playoffs.

2003 Elkin vs Swaim. Elkin down late. Drive down the field. Line up for extra point. I can't remember if they were tied or down 1 at the point, but the snap is bad. A JV call up was the holder. Picks up the snap, runs it in for a 2 pt conversion, Elkin goes on to win their 2nd straight state title. One of the craziest moments ever.

2015 when East Wilkes hit that field goal at the end as fireworks went off on Central was cool too.

Watching Boaz light up Tarboro was fun last year too.

Another good one was watching Alleghany roll into the western finals that one year. It was upsetting to see them ultimately fall to Robbinsville but that was expected.

The best for me was Todd Gurleys performance in the 2011 2a state championship game. He scored four rushing touchdowns and had 242 yards rushing all on two hurt ankles. As for the worst well last year's state title game watching boaz carve up our defense was painful. Gotta give him credit though he played amazing and made some amazing throws all night

The best for me was Todd Gurleys performance in the 2011 2a state championship game. He scored four rushing touchdowns and had 242 yards rushing all on two hurt ankles. As for the worst well last year's state title game watching boaz carve up our defense was painful. Gotta give him credit though he played amazing and made some amazing throws all night
If my memory is correct ,of all 8 championship games East Surry was the biggest underdog according to Brian Simmons the Cardinals were 22 point underdogs. I got to watch the game on tv , and to be honest I've never seen a passing game as good as East Surrys, especially when you see it against one of the best defences in the state .
I also listened to the East Surry vs Reidsville game
I believe the final score was 54 to 49..
It was one of the best games I've even witnessed the Rams broadcast crew made you feel like you were setting in the bleachers .The biggest thing I took away from that game was Easy Surry came to Reidsville to win,they also had a loud crowd behind them.evertime I would think Reidsville was about to put the cards on there heels they would make a big play and score and the Rams would get the ball back and the cards would create a turnover or Reidsville qb would under throw a wide open reciver ,which hardly ever happens,and next thing you know the cards were up by 4 when they could very easily been down by 10.i don't think either team stopped the other but it just felt like the Cardinals were the better team that night.
Does anybody know of another team to put over 50 points on Tarboro and Reidsville in the same season.That has to be one of the biggest accomplishments in NC highschool football history.

Pisgah at Hendersonville a few years ago. Pisgah lines up for a tie breaking game winning field goal with only a second or two on the clock. Bearcats block the kick and Kalin Ensley recovers and outruns everyone for a TD to give Hendersonville the win.

Pisgah at Hendersonville a few years ago. Pisgah lines up for a tie breaking game winning field goal with only a second or two on the clock. Bearcats block the kick and Kalin Ensley recovers and outruns everyone for a TD to give Hendersonville the win.
Yeah that one really hurt.We did the same thing last year but made the field goal.I keep thinking don't let it happen again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT