ADVERTISEMENT

Battle of Buffalo Creek. 2018

Ok here we go. Since 1922 Shelby has had the upper hand but next Friday the Mountaineers are going to bring the house. Kings Mountain by 4 scores.
This county game will be a lot closer than some may be thinking. I know that ware and his staff will have them playing hard. They do not want to go 0-3 in the county.

Another interesting thing here is, Shelby will be the first team that KM plays that has one win on its record. You will in all likelihood beat us, but you damn sure ain’t played nobody, this will be a closer game than some expect, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Can’t see this one being close...Shelby’s just not a good football team at this point. It’s going to be hard for them to beat good teams without a running game. It’s like Coach Lloyd said after 7 on 7 - we’ll see what happens when we put the helmets on. 7 on 7 ain’t real FB but I do understand it’s importance and Shelby was very good at it. If Mack’s back for KM this game I’d think KM wins by at least 3 tds. At this point KM is a a better offensive team than Crest. I think we left a lot of points out there not finishing drives and making mental mistakes. KM should score more points. But it is a rivalry and that’s why you play the game

Last edited:
Another interesting thing here is, Shelby will be the first team that KM plays that has one win on its record. You will in all likelihood beat us, but you damn sure ain’t played nobody, this will be a closer game than some expect, in my opinion.
My exact thoughts! Shelby’s secondary might give KM a fit for a little while!

Not giving KM enough credit...or giving Shelby too much. Shelby’s only score was basically luck against Crest. The CB that fell was finger tips away from picking that ball off.

Not giving KM enough credit...or giving Shelby too much. Shelby’s only score was basically luck against Crest. The CB that fell was finger tips away from picking that ball off.
So the score was 13 to 0.Sounds better.

Can’t see this one being close...Shelby’s just not a good football team at this point. It’s going to be hard for them to beat good teams without a running game. It’s like Coach Lloyd said after 7 on 7 - we’ll see what happens when we put the helmets on. 7 on 7 ain’t real FB but I do understand it’s importance and Shelby was very good at it. If Mack’s back for KM this game I’d think KM wins by at least 3 tds. At this point KM is a a better offensive team than Crest. I think we left a lot of points out there not finishing drives and making mental mistakes. KM should score more points. But it is a rivalry and that’s why you play the game
7 on 7 is garbage unless you have a stout line to play behind like Mallard Creek or Butler. KM will win by a lot because they are better upfront. Shelby would be better served on defense anyway to move the Hopper kid up from JV to LB and move Jack to DT and move Jolly in as well to get more size in the A gap. If teams are blowing up your middle it makes no sense to let Jack tackle them 5 and 7 yards down the field.

7 on 7 is garbage unless you have a stout line to play behind like Mallard Creek or Butler. KM will win by a lot because they are better upfront. Shelby would be better served on defense anyway to move the Hopper kid up from JV to LB and move Jack to DT and move Jolly in as well to get more size in the A gap. If teams are blowing up your middle it makes no sense to let Jack tackle them 5 and 7 yards down the field.

Just looking at his frame, Jack may be too big to play LB before long. Would like to see him as a blocker or pass receiver on Offense.

7 Shelby would be better served on defense anyway to move the Hopper kid up from JV to LB and move Jack to DT and move Jolly in as well to get more size in the A gap. If teams are blowing up your middle it makes no sense to let Jack tackle them 5 and 7 yards down the field.
Hopper is the talk right now, I wasn’t familiar with him, went to look at his Hudl, and he looks like the next big thing. I am familiar with his older brother, though, who was always a great player and young man, dating back to the Shelby City Park League, before leaving for Gaffney, then moving to Roswell in Georgia, to live with his uncle. He wanted to get his name out there, and he succeeded in doing so. The uncle that I mentioned is from Shelby, too. He has a son on the UNC roster, and one highly recruited son currently in high school. Hopper’s older brother below.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crestuff
CUPCAKE SCHEDULE did THE MIGHTY UNBEATABLE CREST CHARGERS not just play T C ROBERSON, SOUTH POINT. SHELBY, witch is starting to look a lot like a cupcake schedule of your on.

GRANDPA! WE’RE NOT ALL BLIND!!! YOU CAN TYPE NORMAL WITHOUT IT LOOKING LIKE YOU’RE SCREAMING AT US! Now go watch another episode of “Hee Haw” or whatever tv show was popular back in 1926 and try to understand that Crest’s non-conference schedule has three of four teams that have won a state championship in recent years. You’ve never seen a state championship victory...so look that up on YOUTUBE or GOOGLE

GRANDPA! WE’RE NOT ALL BLIND!!! YOU CAN TYPE NORMAL WITHOUT IT LOOKING LIKE YOU’RE SCREAMING AT US! Now go watch another episode of “Hee Haw” or whatever tv show was popular back in 1926 and try to understand that Crest’s non-conference schedule has three of four teams that have won a state championship in recent years. You’ve never seen a state championship victory...so look that up on YOUTUBE or GOOGLE
Lol

KM has way too many weapons. Shelby has no run game just like TCR didn't. KM beat them like a drum. Shelby is way better than TCR on defense though. Shelby's D can't continue to stay on the field as much as they do and expect to stop good offenses. I'll go 35-7 KM.

Reactions: Crest9496
CUPCAKE SCHEDULE did THE MIGHTY UNBEATABLE CREST CHARGERS not just play T C ROBERSON, SOUTH POINT. SHELBY, witch is starting to look a lot like a cupcake schedule of your on.

Dude I don’t have a dog in this fight and really don’t care but KMs non conference schedule is pretty soft. It’s ok just relax y’all have a great team especially by KM standards.

Mountie pride, Shelby is having watched called a down year, but imo still better then any team you guys have played.
This unlike KM. Dont normally happen, we will turn it around, plus we have great talent next year comming up.
Now as for fri, we may lose, but bro I'll tell u this if shelby wins, please just disappear off here.....lol..lmbo

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
KM has never won a State Championship and the Lions have a recent domination of KM and now we are a cupcake.
You talk about KM schedule being cupcakes the real facts are TCROBERSON,SHELBY,SOUTHPOINT, COMBINED RECORDS to date are 2 wins and 9 loses those are simply the true facts.

Reactions: Mountaineer1972
Mountie pride, Shelby is having watched called a down year, but imo still better then any team you guys have played.
This unlike KM. Dont normally happen, we will turn it around, plus we have great talent next year comming up.
Now as for fri, we may lose, but bro I'll tell u this if shelby wins, please just disappear off here.....lol..lmbo
No one has more respect for the lions, playing in Shelby this game to me is a toss up.

You talk about KM schedule being cupcakes the real facts are TCROBERSON,SHELBY,SOUTHPOINT, COMBINED RECORDS to date are 2 wins and 9 loses those are simply the true facts.
I would take any of those teams against any of the teams KM has defeated lmao

The first two games maybe but Cuthburtson was a good team and big. I know they are now 0-4 but they have played some big teams.

Reactions: Lion Attack

You want to talk about the records of the teams we have played? KM's opponents are a combined 0-11. South Point and Shelby are always two of the toughest teams around here regardless of records. I can't speak for everyone but what little bit of credibility you had with me is gone after your continuous ignorant comments on here.

Hey Mountie, I know you're from KM therefore probably can't add but 2 wins for South Point plus 1 for Shelby equals 3. Just saying. Clown.

Reactions: CrestMan7
That's the problem he ain't tackling them. He is making the wrong read to many times and out of position and the DB's are having to make tackles down field and that is a bad scenario if you want to win. I agree make the changes you mentioned and see what happens. The offense is a whole bunch of bad and needs so much help I don't think Santa Claus bringing gifts early could help.

Reactions: Lion Attack
You want to talk about the records of the teams we have played? KM's opponents are a combined 0-11. South Point and Shelby are always two of the toughest teams around here regardless of records. I can't speak for everyone but what little bit of credibility you had with me is gone after your continuous ignorant comments on here.
How can you talk about credibility with 12 numbers in your members name.

Reactions: Zelhunt
Crest fans are the worst. I don't like Shelby but I have to respect there Championships because you don’t hear the talk about it every time they open there mouth. Crest has the worst fans in NC. Reminds me of Cowboy fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zelhunt
Crest fans are the worst. I doubt like Shelby but I have to respect there Championships because you don’t hear the talk about it every time they open there mouth. Crest has the worst fans in NC. Reminds me of Cowboy fans.

We don’t like a bunch of fake fans suddenly showing up talking trash about beating Crest twice and finally having a little talent after 100 years of sucking it up. We’re just waiting for you all to crawl back in your hole of irrelevance like you were for 20 something years.

I've thought through the years that KM has had plenty of talent. Heck, they even had a pretty good player who started at D Tackle at Wake a few years back. Pretty sure he's a basketball coach now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT