ADVERTISEMENT

1A Basketball Season Wake Up,Come Alive !

TD-FridayNight

Oct 28, 2015
Mayberry - RFD,NC
Wake up Peeps !!!!!!!!!!!
Is everyone hibernating for the winter or waiting for more conference play
? Last year there was way more traffic on here for this time of year.Is it me ? Do I need to leave ? I can and no problem.......Last year FNL was posting scores for all of 3 area conferences and getting 800 to 1200 views.SMC was posting more of their scores. No where near that this year.....He is gone and sounded like he was done and it is dead. Have a Pepsi and come alive. LOL... Pepsi Commercial... I came over from another site that was experiencing the same thing. These sports boards are what we make of them.No posts, no excitement or fun. Lay back and stop posting and these boards could go away. I don't think so but are you willing to take that chance and be bored in your High School sports life ? Wake up and give your opinions. Seems lifeless compared to years past. Considering if things don't pick up to also stop posting and go away.I may play dumb on here and will continue to do so but my last IQ was in the mid to high 130s. I love playing dumb with some people. Let's wake up this board back to the good ole days. I love miss spelling words to get a negative response from low lives looking for an opening to attack someone. So lits get it goin....... LOL .... Come on out of hibernation .... LOL .... Or just watch everyone disappear because we have entered un---deserved boredom... Notice I do things on here that
are seen or done by anyone else.If it is offensive to anyone, please say so and I will stop.Only here to make this board lively and enjoyable to see ! Right now it is so very ,see below -V-
giphy.gif

Would love to hear a comment or explanation for no comments or posts or even a reason you are staying away.
Talk to us. Problems can be fixed ......SMC we seem to work close, your comments are welcome and appreciated also.This needs to be fixed, even if I need to go . :confused:

Last edited:
It’s fairweather fans in the SMC. It’s a off season for the big ones who always win so they don’t have anything to crow about. It’s a shame because even if Andrews is near or at the bottom I still like to get on here and talk about the games with the others. It’s the same way in football, if they’re winning they are crowing, if they’re losing they are hiding !! Come on man. Support you team. They have to be something positive you can say even in a down year.

I vote for you to go. In the Bishop thread you repeatedly bashed high school athletes..."expecting to be rewarded", "not deserved", "rewarded for a bad season" and then the worst "hurts them more than making them try to get better or improve because they feel like they were winners". Here's a clue sport, all high school athletes put a great deal of time and effort into being part of their team, whether that team is good or horrible. In fact, for them to keep competing even when they are losing is even a better life lesson and increases my admiration for them even more than those on winning teams. The pressure on high school athletes to practice, prepare and finally play is much greater given the substantially increased pressures in the classroom than the dark ages when you and I were in school. If those kids get to play an extra game even with a losing record they deserve it because of their commitment to their teammates. If they are asked they will tell you they can't wait to get on the field even though they know they will be likely crushed. Those are the kids I want in charge later in life. If you can't understand that and continue to bash kids then go as quickly as possible.

I vote for you to go. In the Bishop thread you repeatedly bashed high school athletes..."expecting to be rewarded", "not deserved", "rewarded for a bad season" and then the worst "hurts them more than making them try to get better or improve because they feel like they were winners". Here's a clue sport, all high school athletes put a great deal of time and effort into being part of their team, whether that team is good or horrible. In fact, for them to keep competing even when they are losing is even a better life lesson and increases my admiration for them even more than those on winning teams. The pressure on high school athletes to practice, prepare and finally play is much greater given the substantially increased pressures in the classroom than the dark ages when you and I were in school. If those kids get to play an extra game even with a losing record they deserve it because of their commitment to their teammates. If they are asked they will tell you they can't wait to get on the field even though they know they will be likely crushed. Those are the kids I want in charge later in life. If you can't understand that and continue to bash kids then go as quickly as possible.
If there was one person on here I was not talking to it is you because you always looking for me to not explain myself well so you can bash me.. You are a JOKE ... Just don't talk to me and I want you and everyone will and everyone will be happier ! That was not meant for the kids but the system. So just find someone else to bash. I have seen posts about a new player at your school you have always supported (Bishop) and if I had posted anything along that line you would go ballistic on me. I have seen other posts complaining about the exact something year after year and did you attack them ? Hell no. So stay out of my way and I will yours . Everyone can see you are the one that starts it every time but the message below is all you will get from me from now own, so waist you time if you want.
JOKE
th
JOKE

Last edited:
1) read your posts again, you were directly bashing the kids.......
2) is this the first of many "maybe I'll just quit posting"..." if I need to leave"..."even if I need to go"?
3) for a self professed IQ in the "low to mid 130s"..sure you are...the eloquence of your last post is beyond description
4) so you are FNL....how many screen names does this make?
5) "I may play dumb on here and will continue to do so"...sport, you're not playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeacsnRams
Everyone including the Mods, I am sorry my attempt to get more people in discussions on hear brought out this type of response. I am going to ignore this guy because he lives for not civil debates but dragging out the worst of people with his personal attacks. I am not on here to post the type of knock down drag out personal attacks he loves to get you in. So he will only get no response from me or the one above. I want nothing to do with him and asking for him to respect my wishes. So I just ask that you watch all his post to me and you will see what he is trying to do and I don't want it. He is Bishop and hates me and the school I once was a huge supporter of. Again I apologize as I was trying to get some more people posting and at no time have I TD-FridayNight posted anything to or about him to get the harsh response he gave this thread. I ask him, let's leave well enough alone and ignore one another as there is nothing but hate between us. I can do this, can he ?

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Games of interest in the Northwest Conference Friday night.
8-4 WSPrep vs 5-6 Mount Airy............ @ Mount Airy
5-4 East Surry vs 13-0 North Stokes....@ East Surry
5-9 South Stokes vs 12-03 Bishop.......@ Bishop
My Predicted Winners WSPrep, North Stokes & Bishop

Big game in the SMC (men and women) as Cherokee travels over to Hayesville

Well which 1 of tha charter schools that goes by tha fair and honest lottery system is a heavy favorite for tha state title this year!??

Fightin4Braves I thought you guys played well at Lincoln Charter when you came down. Lincoln Charter still has a lot of talent and could make a run at the title again. I was impressed with Cherokee's #34 (not sure of name) but thought he played basketball the right way as all of those kids played the same. The coaching staff for the Braves has them going in right direction and I think they could be a tough out in playoffs. I know LCS won but I thought the Braves looked good throughout the game. Good Luck to the Braves in conference and playoffs.

Mount Airy Girls over WSPrep 65-31 Now 12-1 Record
East Surry Girls over North Stokes 71-20 Now 11-2 Record
No S.Stokes vs Bishop Found
Boys Scores to Follow

Last edited:
WSPrep having their way with the Bears. 38-12
Now Twitter scores on local teams, No Bishop Radio.
No MaxPrep. East Surry must be losing, they usually post scores somewhere unless losing badly. They kept the girl's blowout updated

Impressed with the North Stokes win on the road. If they can win one of their next two against Bishop/WSP, they will be in very good shape. Saw them play against Swain County up here (before Swain lost their best player and another starter for the year) and they were legit. Quality team, good fundamental players, and a good coach. I think our SMC teams are pretty down this year, might have to pull for the Vikings.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Boys Final: East Surry 69 North Stokes 84
Boys Final: Mount Airy 40 WSPrep 89
Boys Final: South Stokes 36 Bishop 42
Boys Final: Starmount 52 - Elkin 31

Girls Final: South Stokes 43 Bishop 64
Girls Final: Mount Airy 65 WSPrep 31
Girls Final: East Surry 71 North Stokes 20

Last edited:
Reactions: Sportsnut17
Seems like the writer has no interest in b-ball . Other guy did stats polls and articles all the time

I think stats and box scores depends mostly on the coaches calling them in, but I think they're more likely to call in where there's a good relationship from other coverage. It is getting to where they'll only have 3 or 4 box scores for a Friday night. And they keep putting boys games under the girls box scores.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT