ADVERTISEMENT

Bandit 9

Faad

Jan 19, 2005
This is nickelo. How did Damon's boys do against NRCA last night? Hope all is well. See you soon.

We lost a tough one against a fairly good North Raleigh team. The Miller kid (#2) finished with 29. He was 14-19 from the line. We also lost in overtime to Rocky Mount Friday night. Micah Baines finished with 31. Must be something in common with the Browns and Johnsons as Hobbs Johnson drained a three at the end of overtime for a 56-53 win at the buzzer. We lost 67-61 to NRCA. We were up 47-40 in the third and were breaking their press pretty well, but as we attacked the basket once getting across half court, it looked as though we were forcing shots. This coming from a football/baseball coach. I would only last six games coaching basketball. First game = tossed, second game = sitting from the first game, third game = tossed, fourth game = sitting from the third game, fifth game = sitting from the third game, sixth game = tossed and done.

I am not trying to berate officials, I have been in those stripes and know it is not the easiest thing to do in the world, but today's NBA has ruined what was known as organized basketball. I know I am not extremely old school, but in my day if it looked like a foul, it was a foul. It didn't matter if there was contact or not. Nowadays, you practically have to be limping, bleeding or have to be iced down later to get a foul call. And now with the fines if you are ejected, my would be ejecting me from the house.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT