ADVERTISEMENT

Avery boy's who......

I don't think you want to come to the Rez!!! I know you beating up on that weak conference you in, but you better not overlook the Braves...

Avery is very good. I've seen them 2 times now and they are impressive. Saying that, I haven't seen Cherokee play so I can't speak on their behalf but they are 18-0 so they must be good as well. But Avery is good and pretty deep at most positions but they can be beat by more athletic teams that defend. It will be interesting to see who they match up with in the playoffs.

Beat your chest all you can, thank god your not worth a sh#t at anything else.... Don't know about anyone else but I've about heard all this Cherokee BS I wanna hear!!!

Sorry nobody from the whc is on here to tell us how great yall are... Maybe yall will fall on your own redneck Viking hat ... Just hope you don't come to come over to cherokee ... It will not be a happy ending ... Am I missing something or what exactly is Avery county any good at .....

And chopped with your own tomahawk .... You not directing that towards cherokee ... Come on

Really? "Cut you with your own tomahawk"? How long did you have to sit under your pine tree to come up with that analogy? (Heels10, you do know what analogy means don't you?) Sorry that it burns your a$$ so bad that Cherokee is having a successful season...but don't worry golf season will be here soon and then you will have something to brag about. Oh wait, your golfer graduated...guess you won't have anything to brag about. It's haters like you that make us practice more, work harder, and have more drive and determination to remain UNDEFEATED. I hope you get to come to Cherokee so we can show you where you can stick your Viking horn...redneck.

GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!

Come on heels. There is not a single person that has been on here showing any disrespect for Avery. The only thing I have seen is that no one has been on pumping them up. Most of us have not seen Averys' team this year, so it would be hard for anyone to have an opinion. As we do with all schools, we would welcome you getting on here and respectfully telling us about your team. After all that is what this board is for. But getting on here making racist statements is not what we are about and do not really need those kind of statements. Cherokee is having a very good season and deserve to feel good about it. I have said many times that the more you talk when times are good, the more you have to be willing to listen to when you have a bad night. However, last time I checked, they have not ran into trouble, so until they do, we need to give them a chance to enjoy the successful season that they are having.

Alleghany, thank you. Competition will get tougher. Heck we haven't even made it out of our own conference yet but our boys work hard and deserve the praise of their fans and community...they've earned it.

This thread escalated quickly...

Whoever made the tomahawk comment...you are a moron.

I can't wait for the playoffs with all this smack flying already.

Wow and I thought I posted some stupid stuff. I think everyone already said it, it is one thing to disrespect a team but saying something like that is disrespectful to an entire people. C'mon can't be that mad that the post have been heavily SMC because that's all that's posting. Doesn't mean Avery is not good, heck they had a terrific run last year. It is just irratating when people boast about "I've been there" or "how many rings you got?" Avery had a great year last year we know but it is a new year and teams change. Not saying Avery is worse I have no way of knowing and they have no way knowing how good these SMC teams are doing. If you base these remarks on last year than they have no merit. Like it has been said playoffs will speak for themselves. Hopefully a traditional school will beat one of these non traditional and make it to state. That is the biggest obstacle. Not being talked about should be the last important thing.

I didn't mean any disrespect to anyone. If it came off like that I'm sorry. All I was trying to do was bring to everyone's attention that Avery plays basketball too. This Avery team is better and deeper than last year's team that got put out by WS Prep. I'm glad that Cherokee is having the success that they are, if anything its been a long time coming. I hope this success transfer to the football field as well. If I have offended anyone I hope that you will except my apologies.

Originally posted by Heels10:
I didn't mean any disrespect to anyone. If it came off like that I'm sorry. All I was trying to do was bring to everyone's attention that Avery plays basketball too. This Avery team is better and deeper than last year's team that got put out by WS Prep. I'm glad that Cherokee is having the success that they are, if anything its been a long time coming. I hope this success transfer to the football field as well. If I have offended anyone I hope that you will except my apologies.
Whether you realize it or not your initial comments came off as incredibly insensitive at best and racist at worst. As someone who has a full blooded Cherokee great grandmother on both sides of my family I strongly resent such incendiary comments.

This post was edited on 1/30 4:37 PM by mbdfan

I'm sorry mbdfan my family has Cherokee blood maybe not as much as yours, but I truly am sorry and didn't mean nothing by it. Please accept my apapologies my friend. Sometimes ones mouth can make an a@$ out of him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT