ADVERTISEMENT

Aug 11 will be a great day at Albemarle!!!!!!

Buddy Rich

May 24, 2005
We will hold a scrimmage at 6 followed by a Tag Game with a lot of the guys that played for Jack Gaster as a fund raiser for the football program..Will be a white team and blue team....You will get to see the great TA Mclendon carry the pigskin one more time....This should be a great day at Albemarle....Come one come all........

Good news - thanks for the info, Buddy.

Read about the recent clean-up event in the online edition of the SNAP. Great to see former players staying involved with the program. Need that kind of support now more than ever.

Yes, from the time TA was playing for Albemarle We had a slew of very good Running Backs come through Albemarle. Get those Young People interested again in running the ball. I was watching a YouTube Video of Albemarle beating South Robeson in the 3rd round of the Playoffs in 2013. Not long ago at all

Finally got a chance to speak with one of the assistant coaches at Anson. He had nothing but the upright most respect for Davis and said he will get us going back in the right direction. Basically from what I got out of the convo, it will take some time to install what Davis wants to do, but we will start plain and simple....no double wing mess...

He did mention that he brought in a really really good RB coach along with him, and that's great new since we got a really really good RB. Go Dogs.

I met Andy Griffith once. He was in his late sixties then. It was more like meeting Matlock. Buddy...you might want to bring the Icy-Hot and lower your expectations. Unless coach Gaster has those alumni running the hill in their dreams...this game might be more Matlock than Mayberry.

After watching this tape especially his N.C. State highlights it only confirms what I always thought. He had the talent to play on Sundays.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
After watching this tape especially his N.C. State highlights it only confirms what I always thought. He had the talent to play on Sundays.

Without a doubt! Think he had the body to help on specialties, also. That is a big factor in the NFL for that last position spot with a 53 man roster and dressing 46.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT