ADVERTISEMENT

Asheville HS needs a game

This is why I was shocked yesterday when it was announced that the WMAC would be playing a 6+1 format. Erwin, Asheville, and TCR had no incentive to vote for it. Everyone knows Haywood Co. wanted THS vs PHS and BA had made it clear that NB wanted to keep their Madison game. I don't know if it required a simple majority to approve the schedule but the only other two school's I could see definitely in Tuscola/NB's camp would be West and maybe Enka. I assumed ACR to be on the fence because although Owen is a non-con game, it hasn't been much of one in quite a while. That left North as a swing vote.

I really can’t wait to see all the complaining when the WMAC schedule comes out and we see who isn’t playing who. How can you fairly determine who the top teams play and who they don’t?

I really can’t wait to see all the complaining when the WMAC schedule comes out and we see who isn’t playing who. How can you fairly determine who the top teams play and who they don’t?
I can assure you there will be a great deal of whining when the schedule is made. I know at least 2 of the schools in the WMAC would rather be in a different conference anyway. NB definitely wants to keep Madison. That's an easy W most every year. Tuscola wants to play Pisgah for sure. That's one of the biggest rivalries in the state and a BIG money maker. Get your popcorn ready when the schedule comes out.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
I can assure you there will be a great deal of whining when the schedule is made. I know at least 2 of the schools in the WMAC would rather be in a different conference anyway. NB definitely wants to keep Madison. That's an easy W most every year. Tuscola wants to play Pisgah for sure. That's one of the biggest rivalries in the state and a BIG money maker. Get your popcorn ready when the schedule comes out.
Hell, we're supposed to be in a different classification, let alone conference.

Tuscola's open WMAC week is Week 1 so if I read it correctly they will open with Pisgah. The fight to see which two teams each school will dodge is going to be interesting. Blind draw? Spin The Bottle? Coach/AD Thunderdome?

What's going to suck is, if we still have Cooper and his minion Mandy come February; what if they are still imposing major crowd/distancing requirements? Haywood Co. may secede and join Tennessee.

I can confirm with 100% certainty that Tuscola @ Pisgah has been scheduled for February 26th, season opener. 1st game in 18 months. Depending on who the goobna is, could be the biggest crowd ever!

Last edited:
Reactions: beamer24
There will be a blizzard that day
2020 will have moved on, hopefully.

Paradise, lost and found
Paradise, take a look around
I was out in California where I hear they have it all
They got riots, fires and mud slides
They've got sushi in the mall -
J. Buffett/A. Lee

There are two schedules on Hudl of WMAC teams that are the 6+1 format for the season starting in Feb. Asheville and West Henderson are the only teams with game dates listed for the early spring.

Looks like Asheville picked up a Freedom game and West Henderson an Owen game.
Not sure if this is actually what we will end up with or a prelim????

WNC Sports is posting that complete schedules will be released this evening around 7:00 if I read their Twitter correctly.

Reactions: MillsRiverFalcon
What really is a shame is that this conference gets 3 automatic bids. Most years it isn't a huge deal but with the total amount of playoff teams being cut in half, no one can convince me that this conference will have 3 deserving teams. Heck the team that has ran that conference for a while would be the 4th best team in the Big South.

According the HUDL, Asheville high has 1 home game and 6 away games. Surely to God that can’t be accurate

I figured Tuscola and Pisgah WOULD play, no matter if they had to FORFEIT a game they were supposed to play. No matter WHAT. even if they have to miss the playoffs in this bizarre year, that game IMO was going to be played. Its quite simple really. Its their funding for the entire athletic year at stake. You think either one of them are going to give that up to play a game with Asheville or East Henderson?

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Link:

Just looking at the master schedule, West Henderson appears to have made out the best overall, only having to play Asheville out of the Big 3.

Enka gets Rosman for a non-con game. I would have thought they would have tried to keep Pisgah as that's a pretty good gate and Pisgah, being in a smaller conference, needs to keep every N/C game they can.

Reynolds, Asheville, Roberson & Erwin all play each other. Reynolds is the only school still looking for a non-con game (Week 6).

Neither WH nor NH draw a non-con game with Hendersonville.

Tuscola starts on the road and ends on the road. 3 straight home games in the middle- if the AC-T's Excel schedule is correct.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT