ADVERTISEMENT

AS of Dec, 16th, Here's how the NCHSAA playoffs will work during COVID-19

The SEC is a huge difference from ANY high school ball 🤡 . He might not make it at Florida, but my guess is he will because #1 he has the physical tools and size, #2 he's a smart kid (father is a doctor and his three older brothers are all college graduates), #3 he has the right work ethic and #4 he's coachable.

If he doesnt make it, it won't have anything to do with having played in the SMC. If you need further proof the other 3 high major D1 scholarship football players to come out of Murphy that I'm familiar with all started at their respective colleges (Wake Forest, Tennessee, NC State) and two of them were NFL draft picks. The third was freshman all ACC before he tore his knee up so he very may well have gotten drafted too otherwise. So yeah it sure doesn't seem like "little mountain ball" was an impediment to their next level success.

Come on man. I've seen the kid play multiple times. But you sound like the kids father or wanted to be his father. Not sure what his brothers and father as college graduates has to do with anything, but okay. So hes going to Florida to play ball or become a doc? You mention NC state and Wake, hahah your comparing them to Florida. Damn man get a grip, neither of them schools are close to Florida football pedigree. Shit kids that dont even start, can make the state football team. Hope the best for the kid but that little mountain ball is HUGGGGGGGGE different from Florida

Not sure what his brothers and father as college graduates has to do with anything, but okay.
It matters because generally speaking having intelligence is an important part of being a successful o-lineman if all things are equal (size, skill, etc.)

As for the rest of your post(s) on the subject you're free to think/feel whatever you like, I just disagree with most of it and that's fine.

Last edited:
Come on man. I've seen the kid play multiple times. But you sound like the kids father or wanted to be his father. Not sure what his brothers and father as college graduates has to do with anything, but okay. So hes going to Florida to play ball or become a doc? You mention NC state and Wake, hahah your comparing them to Florida. Damn man get a grip, neither of them schools are close to Florida football pedigree. Shit kids that dont even start, can make the state football team. Hope the best for the kid but that little mountain ball is HUGGGGGGGGE different from Florida

My two cents, I don’t know if he’ll ever start there and neither do you but he’s there. What a huge accomplishment that is coming from here. He just got a full ride to a power 5 program and what an experience that is going to be. No reason to make assumptions about the young mans future. He has the tangibles to play at that level, let Florida worry about player development.

Spoke with a high school ref yesterday and it isn’t looking good for a football season if numbers don’t go down

Reactions: UNC91
Spoke with a high school ref yesterday and it isn’t looking good for a football season if numbers don’t go down
They will go down as we enter spring/warmer temperatures and the vaccine becomes more widely distributed. Not that worried about football personally, much more concerned about basketball happening.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Basketball is only going to have 12 games and who knows. N.C. sure has made a mess out of this

No jump ball, home team automatically gets first possession. Overtime’s settled with a coin toss. Guess the extra few minutes is a huge risk?? Crazy crazy that college basketball players in NC that are only 1-4 years older can play the game “safely” without mask.

No jump ball, home team automatically gets first possession. Overtime’s settled with a coin toss. Guess the extra few minutes is a huge risk?? Crazy crazy that college basketball players in NC that are only 1-4 years older can play the game “safely” without mask.

Wild stuff

Have you seen how many games have been canceled so far in college? They're also testing players in college. Hence why no mask.

I know the East Central 2A is planning on having a playoff this season. 3 league games then the top 4 will play "semifinals" in week 6 and a "championship" and "third place game" in week 7. I read that the other 2 teams left out of the playoff will play Albemarle and Terry Sanford in the last 2 weeks.

Reactions: UNC91
Well a basketball and golf coach from Lincoln Charter died of Covid today. He was also a PE teacher so it's getting ones even in the best of health.

Last edited:
That's sad but how do you know he was in the best shape? I had alot of P.E. teachers that wasn't in good shape.

From people that knew him.
You can have diabetes and appear healthy and people that know you would not know it unless you told them. More people don't know I have it than know it and from the time I found out I had it at 51 until it started to take its toll on me about 12 years later I felt healthy and not many know today that I have it unless I tell them. Were these people that knew him his family ?

Doesn't matter if it's family or not. It doesn't even matter if he had a disorder or not. Fact remains a healthy individual that was not in a high risk age died. But we continue to dismiss the severity.

Doesn't matter if it's family or not. It doesn't even matter if he had a disorder or not. Fact remains a healthy individual that was not in a high risk age died. But we continue to dismiss the severity.
Please read that stupid answer. You said it did not matter if he had a disorder. I am sorry but you are at risk with diabetes at most any age and many other disorders ! I keep up with this as much if not more than you do and this killer can take anyone with any health disorder and I have no less than 3 of these health disorders as you call them and take that remark personal, so do some more research....

What I'm saying is that just because someone that dies from Covid may have a disorder, it doesn't make it right. People keep dismissing Covid deaths with "they had a disorder." I'm taking up for people with disorders like you TD. I have from the start.

Bottom line this whole thing stinks and you can’t stop it. Hopefully vaccines will work but who knows? We can’t stay on hold forever

Reactions: BK13T-$

Stop with the lies and bs Biden Jr. Open your eyes there cowboy. It does matter if hes healthy or not or high risk or not. You cant be this uneducated. The flu is not bad, stop trying to scare people. You can stay at home and be scared your whole life

Reactions: Mhsneer
What I'm saying is that just because someone that dies from Covid may have a disorder, it doesn't make it right. People keep dismissing Covid deaths with "they had a disorder." I'm taking up for people with disorders like you TD. I have from the start.

"Taking up for people"??? No one needs you taking up for anyone period. You sound like a scared clown on your knees begging for the flu to skip over you when breathe. How about eat less, exercise more, get off the keyboard, work out. Get your blood flowing, stop trying to scare everyone

I think he’s already had it. I’ve had it. I’m not wanting it again but I’m working today. I know people have died but the vast majority have recovered. It’s not anywhere close to the Black Death 😳

I think he’s already had it. I’ve had it. I’m not wanting it again but I’m working today. I know people have died but the vast majority have recovered. It’s not anywhere close to the Black Death 😳
My 1st cousin's husband died of the China Virus on my birthday Dec. 17th, 2020. He was only a year older than I am. I know of no health problems that he had but there are probably many people that I know but don't know of the health problems they may have. The week before, my other 1st cousin's daughter died at the age of 54 in a head-on collision when a man crossed the center line and hit her head-on. We need to be Praying for everyone no matter their age because no one knows of underlying conditions they may have that would allow the China Virus to take their lives. Prayers for each and every one of you and your families not to get this virus that China knowingly gave the world. May it go back on all the leaders of China get it 2 fold ! ! !

Last edited:
Interesting thing if you look at the USA deaths in total 2019 vs the deaths totals in 2020.
Very interesting.

The CDC has not released death totals for 2019 yet nor 2020. The latest totals are from 2018. Right now though deaths are on track to be much higher than the last several years.

Not sure where you're getting your info from.

• Wow
Reactions: BK13T-$
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT