ADVERTISEMENT

Article on legendary ED coach Brian Aldridge

he is a good coach but i wouldnt say legendary. not knocking him by any means but legendary nope
maybe not as far as his accomplishments versus some other coaches. but considering where the ED program was before he got there, and the heights at which he took them, to East Duplin high school itself, he is definitely legendary. Jack Holley is considered legendary by most people, but just like Aldridge he never won a title. i guess it depends on what "you" consider legendary.

96 Panther please give me a phone call it's very important this is Brooklyn Bridge Fulton Street cell phone number 910 217 1472 is very important to give me a phone call please

96 i see your point. to ED he is a legend. again i werent belittling BA at all he is a players coach and a great one at that.

Reactions: 96panther
Without B.A. E.D. would not be where they are today. His career started under at J'ville as an assistant under Ray Durham during thier Title run in 1980 and 1982. Believe it or not I went to school with him in the late 70's at Bluefield State in W.Va. And then We both worked at J'ville during the same years mentioned above, early 80's. That is one big reason my ties to E.D. are strong

He was a great head coach. I always learned something when he was speaking at a clinic or just chatting. I think it was in 1993 or so he had a team that blocked 13 punts in one season. He took care of details. I was always proud to tell folks we were friends in coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT