ADVERTISEMENT

Apology to all the ncpreps posters

Buddy Rich

May 24, 2005
I for one would like to apolozise to all the posters for all the drama in Albemarle. But please understand that we are fighting for our lives in Albemarle. The school board is trying to shut down our school and we are very upset. I know most of you are tried of hearing about it and wish we would just go away. But believe me folks if it can happen here it can happen anywhere. As I speak the school board is in session about to decide our future. Hope we have a good turnout tonight and try to stop them. Only time will tell if we are successful. Go Dogs.

This was the first place I came after reading the news last week. Seems that the Faculty at North may have already knew something was about to happen. I hope the Albemarle Folks may have heard something also early. This county has 3 1A High Schools and 1 2A High School. North Stanly already has Students that can throw a rock and hit AHS. Albemarle shouldn't be the smallest School in the County

No need to apologize Buddy, if Chatham Central were about to be closed the community would put up one hell of a fight. Good luck, I hope they keep it open.

The actual vote wan't be till the march meeting, but I am sure there is some heated debate going on tonight. Wanted to go but had to take my wife to the dr. and we didn't get out till almost 7. So I am waiting on word like everybody else.

300 people was at the meeting tonight from what I hear. They actually had to move it to the school to accompany everyone.

From what I heard. Parents were given a total of 15mins to voice their opinion, but one Board Member talked about "Arizona", "Underwear" and "Spandex" and nothing to do with the schools. Is this true?

People who were in line by around 6:30 were able to get inside the meeting room at Stanly Commons. The others were allowed to go to the hallway at the main entrance which is normally closed off after hours. Was told people could not really hear in the hallway. Estimated 60-80 in the hallway with stragglers coming in.

My understanding is the meeting was still going on at 7:15 at the set location. Did not hear any further.

I recommend people to watch it on local cable. Should be televised the next few days. Get the facts. Find out what is going on.

Buddy this is the place to post and discuss. Deana loves the post numbers during the off season.

Here is a breakdown of the board meeting tonight. The board is now expediting the process IMHO to avoid opposition. Mike barbee is the only board member standing with us at this time. Also they decreased the time allowed for transfer requests from 3 mos to 1 mos to avoid losing more students. Please read and comment. Bulldog faithful we need to stand up against this. They have no care for our kids nor the students. The people are speaking and they are not listening. We need to dig our heels in and fight this. It's going to be a long and ugly fight but we can beat this.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1398248030480222&id=1396890690615956

No need for an apology Buddy. I hope AHS stays put. This website wouldn't be the same without you guys. It was awesome meeting you and js2000 Buddy and lets not forget the NCC lol.........

This post was edited on 2/4 7:41 AM by WARRIOR_PRIDE2005

@Buddy I asked the same thing. Obviously the school board didn't talk about anything that pertained to the students, parents, and on-goers concerns.

We have been fighting something similar at Elkin for the last 20 years. Surry county tries to force Elkin into the county school system every few years or so but the town and our school board have been able to fight them off so far. We have a special school tax that we pay to support our school system and by state law the county would have to raise the county tax to the same level before they could force us into their system. That is the only thing that has saved us so far.

Originally posted by bulldog nation2014:
On a side note guys we have a girl who is a junior with 967 pts and should break the 1000 mark this week.
Do you have a list of all players in AHS history, boys and girls, to break 1,000? (List it here or on the 1A hoops forum.) They need to have that up in the gym. Quiet an accomplishment!

The only two I know of would be Akela branch who finished her career with 1805 pts and 1300 rebounds and if Kyleigh does it this year. Akela is playing at wingate now on a full ride. She avg 24 and 17 last year.

Kricket Morton definitely over 1,000. Probably five or six boys over 1,000.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT