ADVERTISEMENT

AP PREP POLL 10/6/15----4A

scotswin

Sep 16, 2003
Laurinburg, NC
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The Associated Press state high school football poll for the week of October 6, first-place votes in parentheses, records and total points as voted upon by a statewide panel of prep sports writers:

Class 4-A
1. Charlotte Mallard Creek (11) (6-1) 151 1
2. Wake Forest (4) (6-0) 142 2
3. Scotland (6-0) 129 3
4. Charlotte Catholic (1) (6-0) 110 5
5. Pinecrest (6-0) 86 6
6. East Forsyth (6-0) 76 7
7. Kannapolis Brown (6-0) 43 NR
8. Apex Middle Creek (7-0) 34 10
9. Greensboro Dudley (5-1) 30 9
10. Matthews Butler (5-2) 24 4

Others receiving 10 or more points: Richmond Senior (5-1) 18, Charlotte Vance (4-2)12

SEC --- 3,5,11
Dudley ahead of Richmond
Butler in the top 10 ??????

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The Associated Press state high school football poll for the week of October 6, first-place votes in parentheses, records and total points as voted upon by a statewide panel of prep sports writers:

Class 4-A
1. Charlotte Mallard Creek (11) (6-1) 151 1
2. Wake Forest (4) (6-0) 142 2
3. Scotland (6-0) 129 3
4. Charlotte Catholic (1) (6-0) 110 5
5. Pinecrest (6-0) 86 6
6. East Forsyth (6-0) 76 7
7. Kannapolis Brown (6-0) 43 NR
8. Apex Middle Creek (7-0) 34 10
9. Greensboro Dudley (5-1) 30 9
10. Matthews Butler (5-2) 24 4

Others receiving 10 or more points: Richmond Senior (5-1) 18, Charlotte Vance (4-2)12

SEC --- 3,5,11
Dudley ahead of Richmond
Butler in the top 10 ??????
Again, the AP poll is a joke! The writers who vote have no clue about any other teams outside of their area. Butler with suspended players is nowhere near Top 10. With 2 losses and one of them being against East Meck and so many talented 0 and 1 loss teams behind them they should drop way down. So Butler beats Richmond and they're still ahead of Richmond. Richmond beats Dudley yet Dudley is still ahead of Richmond????

I know my opinion doesn't really matter either but here's My Top 10
1. Mallard Creek
2. Wake Forest
3. East Forsyth
4. Scotland
5. AL Brown
6. Pinecrest
7. Catholic
8. Richmond
9. Dudley
10. Page

Last edited:
Charlotte Catholic vs Regan 49-0 East Forsyth vs Regan 45-31. Last years scores. Charlotte Catholic returns just about their entire team. Come on man! EF the 3rd best team in the state, based on what?

Butler with suspended players is nowhere near Top 10.
Agreed, but the suspended players will be back in 2 weeks, so what do you do with Butler in the meantime? Move them down now and then back up later, or just more or less leave them where they are and let things play out?

WITH the suspended players, Butler is Top 5 team, so it would be just an inaccurate to have them ranked down in the 20s two weeks from now as it is having them in the top 10 this week.

Last edited:
And just think......Independence and Butler used to be 1 and 2 in this poll.....flavor of the month.....

And just think....Shelby never has and never will be 1 or 2 in this poll...no flavor at all...

It sucks thinking your shine time has come and gone...doesn't it hokie. Let's see where Butler is in the Div 3 poll. http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/d3 I don't see them anywhere in there?!?! Oh that's right...they can't be ranked in a poll that is a higher classification than where they play....you idiot! But against equivalent classification opponents (and higher class opponents)...we will continue to dominate the polls like we have been doing for over a century now! You're right...were just the flavor of the century....

And I'll drop this nugget with you...http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/2015/10/07/standout-2018-nc-lb-visiting-nd/

What say you? A 2A school being asked to send a TENTH grader to Notre Dame for a visit??? But that's not a big boy football school sending a tenth grader. And the crowd gasps.....

Nepsy7....those were last year score. It is this year and team do change and improve. I agree EF is ranked a bit too high but they got a good team over there. CC is a great team also and they both deserve to be in top 10 and they will not meet in playoff. I am sure both teams are fun to watch. I know I had seen EF many times and I love Wing T offense being run to perfection. That is CC in a nutshell. By the way when EF won the state back in 1992. They ran Single Wing T offense with Joe LaGarde at the helm. He was tailor made for that offense and they end up undefeated that year and never trailed in 4th Q for the whole year.

I don't mind the shine time being gone temporarily for 2 more weeks when I know it's coming back.

Shelby will never see any shine time in this poll either way.

lol...literally....you make me chuckle. You always go back to the same thing....it's become evident it's the only response you have.

"Well my ding-a-ling is bigger than your's even though you know how to use your's better and have been using your's better for decades and decades longer than me." -hokiemtc

We'll watch Butler closely over the next 5 years....any you will either jump to another team or we'll start seeing less and less of you.....but we'll be here.....because we ALWAYS are.

The next 5 years probably won't be the best time to cheer for a Butler slide. There's a much-needed infusion of size coming up thru the JV ranks as we speak, and the new DC for 2015 has already hit the ground running and sent rumblings throughout the western part of the state.

Next year's team will return 18 starters off of what is already a top 5 team this year.

The truth is...Butler has already had their slide...in both 2013 and 2014 (the 2013 team posted the worst record of any Butler team since 2004). And here's the funny thing...in both of those "down" years, they were still a top 10 team in North Carolina.

Butler isn't one of the heavy favorites to win a title this season, but they'll easily be one of the heavy favorites next season. 2016 is shaping up to be one of our best teams ever.

.....but we'll be here.....because we ALWAYS are.
In the 4A ranks (which is where you currently are...unbeknownst to you), you are NEVER here. You don't exist at all. You're an irritating little gnat, buzzing around the ears of a much larger animal trying to get some attention. I do get why you're here...because otherwise your little insignificant program would be completely invisible to the rest of the state. But I have bad news for you...even after hijacking 100 threads in which absolutely none cares about your little school in order to talk about yourself...well, you're still irrelevant.

East Forsyth isn't anywhere in the vicinity of the 3rd best team I the state. They would be the 4th best team in the Mecka.

98 state champ.....How's the pig?

always gotta pick on the triad teams... EF is a strong team and is gonna give some Charlotte team a surprise, so is Page just wait.

I know 20 Charlotte people will reply to this, I'm not saying they are best in the state, but as a whole they are better than last year and play like 3rd in the state when they need too. Even tho I'm not a page guy, they are gonna tear up some body's defense this Novemeber or December

Charlotte Catholic vs Regan 49-0 East Forsyth vs Regan 45-31. Last years scores. Charlotte Catholic returns just about their entire team. Come on man! EF the 3rd best team in the state, based on what?

Agreed, but the suspended players will be back in 2 weeks, so what do you do with Butler in the meantime? Move them down now and then back up later, or just more or less leave them where they are and let things play out?

WITH the suspended players, Butler is Top 5 team, so it would be just an inaccurate to have them ranked down in the 20s two weeks from now as it is having them in the top 10 this week.

Looks like I stirred the pot up LOL. I'm not an East fan but I will take a moment to defend my comments. First off nepsy this poll is based on this year not what happened last year against Reagan. East Forsyth is 6-0 and they have wins over Top 25 ranked Page, West Forsyth and Reagan so what both teams did last year cannot be argued IMO in a 2015 Poll. Does Catholic even have a win over a team with a winning record? Not saying Catholic is not a great program and I'm sure they'll be there at the end but this is not a what's going to hypothetically happen poll. This is for right now this week.

Hokie, I always love to see your post. I think you are one of the more knowledgeable followers on this sight so I really think highly of what you say. I agree that Butler is probably when fully healthy and fully loaded they're probably the 2nd best team in the State. But, this is a poll based on wins and losses right now. Right now Butler has lost two games and one loss is to a team with a losing record plus they have players that will be out for two more weeks. With that being said I don't think they're a top 10 team in the State where they sit this week. If what's happening to Butler happened in College the team would drop down the rankings with every loss. Even If they lose the next 2 games and are at full strength I don't think they make their way back into the Poll until late in the Playoffs. Good thing the playoffs are they way they are now where everyone makes it. If not....Butler would be in real danger of not having a shot with the poor decisions of some of their players. Good news is they'll get in and they'll upset some highly ranked teams on the road come November.

So, with all that said I stand by my comments and right now I feel that East Forsyth should be the 3rd ranked team in the Poll. They have a good core of players including a couple big time D-1 recruits in Juniors Christian Beal and Madison Cone.

3RD BEST BASED ON WHAT? How did you stir the pop? You didn't really make an argument? Page,Reagan and WF are all of a sudden world beaters? All 3 are suspect on defense. Charlotte Catholic returned everyone along with a passing game. So i would imagine their even better since they have a history of making it to the Regional s. EF is your typical Forsyth County team, they start believing the hype. Look good in the Triad, but get smoked by a Team out of Charlotte. Fact!

ForsythFootball. You have it all wrong! It's Triad teams that underestimate Charlotte Teams. You guys will not know, how good you are until the playoffs start.

So, with all that said? You didn't say anything? You guys sound identical to last years post. We have to listen to the same argument every year. I beat all the teams out of the Triad, so now I'm a contender?

Last edited:
Yup...just like clockwork each year. Roughly mid October and a Forsyth county team emerges undefeated. Then the heart starts to flutter and everyone becomes giddy. " We beat West Forsyth", " We beat Reagan" ....... Then comes the next sentence " We have Christian Beal". " We have Jalen Dalton", " We have Karson Sharpe".

Then one of two things happen come November. Either a embarrassing blow out.. 49-0 or a close loss against a middle of the road Meck County squad on your home field.

Rank yourself where ever you want but yes history does matter. See ya in November.

Triad has some great programs, but I think the better programs and talent are heavier in Guilford County than Forsyth. I've seen alot of playoff appearances, but I don't remember the last time a Forsyth County school won a title(maybe Mt. Tabor?).

But, this is a poll based on wins and losses right now.
That's the question I asked above...is this a poll based on wins and losses (i.e. best records)? Or is it a poll based on best teams? Is the poll supposed to be an accurate snapshot of what's going during this week, or is it an overall picture for the entire season?

Obviously the answers to those questions determines whether Butler is in or out. I generally don't care where they sit in the polls myself (both sides of the argument have valid points, so there's no wrong answer here), I was just pointing out reasons why certain voters around the state could still have Butler in the top 10.

Last edited:
3RD BEST BASED ON WHAT? How did you stir the pop? You didn't really make an argument? Page,Reagan and WF are all of a sudden world beaters? All 3 are suspect on defense. Charlotte Catholic returned everyone along with a passing game. So i would imagine their even better since they have a history of making it to the Regional s. EF is your typical Forsyth County team, they start believing the hype. Look good in the Triad, but get smoked by a Team out of Charlotte. Fact!

ForsythFootball. You have it all wrong! It's Triad teams that underestimate Charlotte Teams. You guys will not know, how good you are until the playoffs start.

So, with all that said? You didn't say anything? You guys sound identical to last years post. We have to listen to the same argument every year. I beat all the teams out of the Triad, so now I'm a contender?

Yup...just like clockwork each year. Roughly mid October and a Forsyth county team emerges undefeated. Then the heart starts to flutter and everyone becomes giddy. " We beat West Forsyth", " We beat Reagan" ....... Then comes the next sentence " We have Christian Beal". " We have Jalen Dalton", " We have Karson Sharpe".

Then one of two things happen come November. Either a embarrassing blow out.. 49-0 or a close loss against a middle of the road Meck County squad on your home field.

Rank yourself where ever you want but yes history does matter. See ya in November.
Keep calm my Charlotte friends......I don't think anyone in this State underestimates teams from Meck County and what they've been able to accomplish over the last 10-15 years. Every year is a new year though so you're more than likely right that when Meck schools play Guilford/Forsyth County schools they could very well blow them all out of the water 100-0. But, If we are going on what has been done so far you have to respect the fact that a team is 6-0 and has beaten a few top 25 teams. Also, that's why we have the playoffs at the end of the year to show who's better. Plus, the fans in the Guilford/Forsyth area should be able to get excited about the football that is being played here. Nobody on this thread is going around saying that East or West or Page is winning a Championship this year. All they're saying is they have some good players they have good records and deserve to be in the top 5 topic of discussion. Why is it that anytime anyone on these boards say anything about a 4A team being good from some place other than Charlotte some people lose their minds and say remember this year and that year and this year and that year. Yes, everyone remembers but who cares about last year....lets see what these young men are capable of this season. BTW, I'm not the one saying Christian Beal, Jalen Dalton, and Madison Cone are Big Time players it's all the ACC and Big Ten schools who have offered those kids who say they're big time players.

Keep calm my Charlotte friends......I don't think anyone in this State underestimates teams from Meck County and what they've been able to accomplish over the last 10-15 years. Every year is a new year though so you're more than likely right that when Meck schools play Guilford/Forsyth County schools they could very well blow them all out of the water 100-0. But, If we are going on what has been done so far you have to respect the fact that a team is 6-0 and has beaten a few top 25 teams. Also, that's why we have the playoffs at the end of the year to show who's better. Plus, the fans in the Guilford/Forsyth area should be able to get excited about the football that is being played here. Nobody on this thread is going around saying that East or West or Page is winning a Championship this year. All they're saying is they have some good players they have good records and deserve to be in the top 5 topic of discussion. Why is it that anytime anyone on these boards say anything about a 4A team being good from some place other than Charlotte some people lose their minds and say remember this year and that year and this year and that year. Yes, everyone remembers but who cares about last year....lets see what these young men are capable of this season. BTW, I'm not the one saying Christian Beal, Jalen Dalton, and Madison Cone are Big Time players it's all the ACC and Big Ten schools who have offered those kids who say they're big time players.
Best post I've ever read on this website... +1

I know my opinion doesn't really matter either but here's My Top 10
1. Dudley Creek
2. Wake Dudley
3. East Dudley
4. Dudleyland
5. AL Dudley
6. PineDudley
7. Dudley Catholic
8. Dudleymond
9. plain ol' Dudley
10. Page