ADVERTISEMENT

1A Anyone Want To Do Projections For Boys 1A

FridayNiteLights1217

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2007
Anyone want to do a bracket projections for Boys 1A West & Midwest ?
Can do the Girls also if someone will.

Last edited:
Wsp 3rd round for my number 5 overall seed trojans. We play them every year early.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't see how Swain County is a higher seed than Avery County? Swain has a conference loss, Avery hasn't had a conference loss in 4 years?

Regional seed only comes into play if they have the same seed. For example..#2 West vs #2 MidWest...who ever has the higher regional seed would then host. #3 West vs #2 MidWest = #2 MidWest home team

Heels 10 just be glad they aren't counting 22 games otherwise yall would be 4 seed in west behind alleghany and get wsp in 3rd rd. Are yall that good or is your bball conference that week to not lose a game in 4 years is impressive? serious ? i never get to see avery play except when yall beat my trojans by 1pt a few years ago in regionals.*

Heels 10 just be glad they aren't counting 22 games otherwise yall would be 4 seed in west behind alleghany and get wsp in 3rd rd. Are yall that good or is your bball conference that week to not lose a game in 4 years is impressive? serious ? i never get to see avery play except when yall beat my trojans by 1pt a few years ago in regionals.*
Some teams aren't that good then we have Owen (projected 3 seed in west 2A) & Mountain Heritage who are pretty good.

Other than Madison and Polk, I'd put the WHC up against any conference. Nobody wants WSP that's for sure!!! Last NCpreps poll has Alleghany 10th and Swain 5th both behind Avery. I believe strength of schedule goes into polling as well as W and L. So according to NCpreps yeah we are that good and the 1A-2A Western Highlands Conference is stronger than the 1A-2A Mountain Valley Conference, or Alleghany would be higher than 10th.

Now that we beat Swain last night they have a conference loss. What's that do to the seeded?

Other than Madison and Polk, I'd put the WHC up against any conference. Nobody wants WSP that's for sure!!! Last NCpreps poll has Alleghany 10th and Swain 5th both behind Avery. I believe strength of schedule goes into polling as well as W and L. So according to NCpreps yeah we are that good and the 1A-2A Western Highlands Conference is stronger than the 1A-2A Mountain Valley Conference, or Alleghany would be higher than 10th.
No actually it is just based on your 20 game schedule without any consideration of anything else. Normally it is 22 game schedule but due to the delay in football because of the floods. I have the utmost respect for your program and your former and current coach. I think that program has been run the right way for a long time and will continue to be under your current coach. Probably a pretty good matchup this year if they were to meet, but doesnt look like that will happen based on what I have seen. However, one common opponent this year is Ashe County. Avery split with them and Alleghany beat them twice absolutely destroying them on the same floor that Avery lost to them. So that would make Avery undefeated in conference and 1 and 1 against the MVAC. Not really good support for your argument. With that said, best of luck to Avery anytime they play a team that is not Green and Gold with Alleghany across the front.

Now that we beat Swain last night they have a conference loss. What's that do to the seeded?

Nothing for Swain. Only the conference tournament champ will benefit. They will be seeded behind all the regular season champs.

No actually it is just based on your 20 game schedule without any consideration of anything else. Normally it is 22 game schedule but due to the delay in football because of the floods. I have the utmost respect for your program and your former and current coach. I think that program has been run the right way for a long time and will continue to be under your current coach. Probably a pretty good matchup this year if they were to meet, but doesnt look like that will happen based on what I have seen. However, one common opponent this year is Ashe County. Avery split with them and Alleghany beat them twice absolutely destroying them on the same floor that Avery lost to them. So that would make Avery undefeated in conference and 1 and 1 against the MVAC. Not really good support for your argument. With that said, best of luck to Avery anytime they play a team that is not Green and Gold with Alleghany across the front.

Your 100% right about Ashe County can't argue that at all. Should of's, would of's, and could of's don't count and we had a lot of them at the first of the season. Good luck to you guys and we'll for sure be supporting you guys when you meet up WSP.

Lincoln Charter had to forfeit 25th game because they played 25 games. They played in a National Christmas tournament that they were suppose to play 3 games. But when they got there they were told it was 4 games. That is why. Stupid rule especially when they are a non football school. same thing happened to New Hanover in same tournament. Suppose to be an exhibition game but state came back after a month and said they had to be counted as a scheduled game. Again, dumb rule to take away a conference game. They went 16-0 and 3-0 in tournament and now they will prob be a #2. Swain would finish at best 5 or 6 in the Southern Piedmont but they are going to get a #1 seed. Again, stupid.

You get plenty of advantages playing at an advantaged school.

Simple solution. Follow the rules. 24 games a year isn't a new rule.

Glad swain will get the 1 seed if that's how it works out. Lincoln Charter should get a 1 seed in a separate advantaged school playoff.
I'm not a fan of advantaged schools but am very happy with the 2nd round of projections from High School OT. Hopefully that will be set in stone so Avery doesn't have to play WSP or Lincoln Charter till Final Four.

Lincoln Charter had to forfeit 25th game because they played 25 games. They played in a National Christmas tournament that they were suppose to play 3 games. But when they got there they were told it was 4 games. That is why. Stupid rule especially when they are a non football school. same thing happened to New Hanover in same tournament. Suppose to be an exhibition game but state came back after a month and said they had to be counted as a scheduled game. Again, dumb rule to take away a conference game. They went 16-0 and 3-0 in tournament and now they will prob be a #2. Swain would finish at best 5 or 6 in the Southern Piedmont but they are going to get a #1 seed. Again, stupid.

To come up with the idea Swain would be 4th or 5th in the Southern Piedmont is pretty ridiculous. Lincoln Charter is the class of the conference but has a walk through half of the conference.

Don't get overly ambitious or overly value your competition.

FOLLOW THE RULES LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT