ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on the asheville job?

WNCobserver

Dec 12, 2019
Seems like its been open for a while and they would probably want them hired before the next semester. Any candidates your hearing?

You would think that this would be a job that has a multitude of candidates. I haven't boo from anyone I know about this job. That is a little strange to me. Usually by now you have heard 5-10 names thrown around.

So I’ve heard that coach Buchannon (AHS , Christ school, Former player, assistant coach from 03-2016 (I believe) coach Clark , (AHS , East , crest)
Andy Morgan from Reynolds
Coach Koon from East Henderson
Trip weaver ( former tcr qb ) a assistant at ecu has been under coach Houston at James madison
Also hearin John Avery and Leonard little are ready to come help out again this is just rumors but from a very reliable source

So I’ve heard that coach Buchannon (AHS , Christ school, Former player, assistant coach from 03-2016 (I believe) coach Clark , (AHS , East , crest)
Andy Morgan from Reynolds
Coach Koon from East Henderson
Trip weaver ( former tcr qb ) a assistant at ecu has been under coach Houston at James madison
Also hearin John Avery and Leonard little are ready to come help out again this is just rumors but from a very reliable source
Not a bad list at all, if Avery and or little help out that would be huge.

It may not be the “big names” people want. But the big guy names had to start somewhere as a no name. So I’m willing to give anyone a chance. Because you never know, the next guy could be a bust, or legend.

You would think that this would be a job that has a multitude of candidates. I haven't boo from anyone I know about this job. That is a little strange to me. Usually by now you have heard 5-10 names thrown around.
Isn’t that as it should be? Especially if the candidate currently has a head coaching job somewhere else.

Reactions: CityCougar
Yeah, maybe the guy (LL) who got drunk and killed an innocent woman who bought his way out of it then to only get another DUI a few years later should probably not have anything to do with the program and/or any role mentoring young kids...

Yeah, maybe the guy (LL) who got drunk and killed an innocent woman who bought his way out of it then to only get another DUI a few years later should probably not have anything to do with the program and/or any role mentoring young kids...

Your probably right about LL. The other coaches are good choices, but what about a young coach who is from the area and done a good job with his first HC job. Like Cort Radford from Chase? I know he's from the area, was DC at Crest before going to Chase. And he's from Asheville. Just a thought.

Reactions: CougarsOfAHS
Your probably right about LL. The other coaches are good choices, but what about a young coach who is from the area and done a good job with his first HC job. Like Cort Radford from Chase? I know he's from the area, was DC at Crest before going to Chase. And he's from Asheville. Just a thought.
I’ve heard his name also but don’t know much about him

I’ve heard his name twice by two different people. I just haven’t got around to ask my source about him.

If the legal system says he’s ok, he’s ok with me. A horrible tragedy but he paid his debt to society as far as I’m concerned

Reactions: Crr1968
When former nfl players are around the program and they are Asheville alumni, that’s a good thing. Be it john Avery or Leonard little. Both are incredibly well known at AHS. If it’s buchanan that’s fine too. He would be a great step in the right direction, particularly as far as the strength and conditioning is concerned and he doesnt take any s____ or excuses.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ah hell Asheville could win most years with no coach at all. Around here anyway.

You got that right. We had 2-3 guys off the top of my head that played varsity as sophomores and weren’t even slightly better as seniors.

You had the talent to be a lot better than 4-7 in my opinion.

Last edited:
Seems like its been open for a while and they would probably want them hired before the next semester. Any candidates your hearing?
I was told that a Rosman High School assistant applied. Former player under Brett Chappell at East Henderson and went on to play at Christ School then onto to college football at North Greenville University. His name is Austin Cooke. Not sure if they would give it to someone that young but he would definitely bring some energy and youth to the program that they seem to need back in their.

I’ve heard his name also but don’t know much about him

He went 10-3 at Chase this season, only losses coming to playoff teams Burns and Shelby (who of course played in the regional finals) and Brevard in the second round of the playoffs. Beat Draughn in the first round. Granted he didn’t beat any great teams but he did a great job with that program this year.

I was looking at rental property in and around Asheville. It is super expensive to live there. That combined with lack of administrative support and coaches on campus may be a problem finding a coach.

Reactions: the1Truth
Franklin has a teacher/basketball assistant/football assistant who has had 4 DUIs.

Reactions: bears man
I can only assume at the point, Asheville high is waiting on me to put in an application for the head coaching job. What a disgrace this has been so far. What a disadvantage Asheville high is at already compared to other teams with it being nearly February and no hire. Pathetic

Reactions: GG4BAMA
I can only assume at the point, Asheville high is waiting on me to put in an application for the head coaching job. What a disgrace this has been so far. What a disadvantage Asheville high is at already compared to other teams with it being nearly February and no hire. Pathetic
Maybe the Principal gonna Coach lol

Chase has posted their head coaching job so maybe Cort Radford is coming to Asheville.

I'm curious to see how long he stays at Asheville. He hasn't been at any coaching job very long before he moves on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT