ADVERTISEMENT

1A Any Bold Predictions Girls or Boys

Looking at the 1a West projections:

1st Section:
I see East Surry and MA I think ES would beat MA but beating MA 3-4 times in a row won’t be easy.
Projection MA and ES rematch in the 3rd with ES coming out on top.

2nd Section:
I think you see a Albemarle UA matchup but I don’t see UA beating Albemarle or Graystone.
Projection Albemarle tops UA

3rd Section:
I think you see Murphy and Allagheny I don’t see Alleg beating Murphy.
Projection Murphy tops Alleg

4th Section
I think you will see Cherokee and Avery in the 3rd round. Being at Avery you have to give them the advantage especially with their size. However Cherokee can get hot in a hurry and if that happens with a higher pace I think you see Cherokee top them.
Projection This is tough because of the respect for Cherokee’s coach I do think this is going to be a great game and most likely close but I’m going with Avery in a tight tight game.

With current projections you have the final 4 on the west side East Surry vs Albemarle at ES, Avery at Murphy. Just my predictions but that Avery and Cherokee game I think can go either way.

Looking at the 1a West projections:

1st Section:
I see East Surry and MA I think ES would beat MA but beating MA 3-4 times in a row won’t be easy.
Projection MA and ES rematch in the 3rd with ES coming out on top.

2nd Section:
I think you see a Albemarle UA matchup but I don’t see UA beating Albemarle or Graystone.
Projection Albemarle tops UA

3rd Section:
I think you see Murphy and Allagheny I don’t see Alleg beating Murphy.
Projection Murphy tops Alleg

4th Section
I think you will see Cherokee and Avery in the 3rd round. Being at Avery you have to give them the advantage especially with their size. However Cherokee can get hot in a hurry and if that happens with a higher pace I think you see Cherokee top them.
Projection This is tough because of the respect for Cherokee’s coach I do think this is going to be a great game and most likely close but I’m going with Avery in a tight tight game.

With current projections you have the final 4 on the west side East Surry vs Albemarle at ES, Avery at Murphy. Just my predictions but that Avery and Cherokee game I think can go either way.
Of course this week you can bet there will still be a lot of movements in the rankings. They won’t pull the final rankings until Saturday morning. One to two spots either way could shift projections big time.

Bulldog cherokee will jump mt airy and therefore play east surry in the 3rd.....these predictions are using last mondays adjusted ranking before mt airy lost 3 straight so no way cherokee wont jump them. So east will play cherokee, albemarle vs ua. Murphy vs alleghany. Avery vs 10 seed mt airy.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Bulldog cherokee will jump mt airy and therefore play east surry in the 3rd.....these predictions are using last mondays adjusted ranking before mt airy lost 3 straight so no way cherokee wont jump them. So east will play cherokee, albemarle vs ua. Murphy vs alleghany. Avery vs 10 seed mt airy.
I can see some movement happening this week and your probably right. Just excited to keep the 8 streak alive been going since January . I think in the playoffs this year you have Albemarle Murphy Cherokee MA East Surry Avery. There will be some really good battles in the 3rd and even the second round. Going to be a great playoff to watch I think.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I can see some movement happening this week and your probably right. Just excited to keep the 8 streak alive been going since January . I think in the playoffs this year you have Albemarle Murphy Cherokee MA East Surry Avery. There will be some really good battles in the 3rd and even the second round. Going to be a great playoff to watch I think.
Add UA in that as well I don’t want to disrespect them and the season they have had either. GS will not be a small task either with their size they are tough to deal with.

Add UA in that as well I don’t want to disrespect them and the season they have had either. GS will not be a small task either with their size they are tough to deal with.
I think all the 3rd round matchup could go either way. It will depend on which styles of play dictate the games. Who makes the other team play their style of ball

As long as Sutphin stays healthy, I don't see anyone beating E Surry. I don't think they're unbeatable, but I think MA would have the best chance after playing them multiple times.
Side note, E Surry returns all their players next year.
Would not count on Sutphin next year. Strong chance she is eary enrolling into NC State.

Would not count on Sutphin next year. Strong chance she is eary enrolling into NC State.

I heard that when she first transfered, but I have since heard multiple times that she has changed her mind and wants to stay for her entire senior year.

They won by 3 points you idiot. And Franklin dominated north wilkes career high with 3 6 footers. They blew Avery out without Franklin just like east Surry would get blown out without sutphin wander what mh and Murphy fans think of your comments. And yes you said no 1a team could stop her
And he’s correct there is not a player in NC that can stop her reguardless of classification much less 1A and if those Avery girls are really that big and strong they might neutralize the glass but they won’t keep up on the break have a safe trip to Pilot Mountain coming up

Reactions: gdawg74
And he’s correct there is not a player in NC that can stop her reguardless of classification much less 1A and if those Avery girls are really that big and strong they might neutralize the glass but they won’t keep up on the break have a safe trip to Pilot Mountain coming up
Ok lol

ES fans picking up were they off during football season. Again. She is good but there are girls in the state who can slow her down. The girl from Newton Conover and the Cowles gurl from Wilkes Central (who is a top recruit in her class as a sophomore) would give her trouble. Don’t take away from the talent of other girls in the region.

Illuminati, I agree that Cowles-WC and Cornwell- NC are both strong players, but having seen all three players play, Sutphin is by far the most versatile player of the three. Sutphin can handle the ball and shoot outside, which the other two lack.

Illuminati, I agree that Cowles-WC and Cornwell- NC are both strong players, but having seen all three players play, Sutphin is by far the most versatile player of the three. Sutphin can handle the ball and shoot outside, which the other two lack.
That's ok Franklin is strong athletic can play 4 positions and shoot the lights out from outside

There are some posters who are representing East Surry on this board, that have likely never been or only been to a few basketball games all season. I think most of the East and NW1A fans have a respect for Avery, Cherokee, and Murphy’s basketball programs due to their tradition and previous meetings.

Albemarle has seen East Surry and they are a really really good team and are beatable but you better bring your game to do it because of not only Suptin but the pieces around her as well. They are a well balanced team with good coaching. My personal opinion there are a few teams that have a shot this year which is going to make for a great playoff but I still think the state ship will end up on the west side.

Albemarle has seen East Surry and they are a really really good team and are beatable but you better bring your game to do it because of not only Suptin but the pieces around her as well. They are a well balanced team with good coaching. My personal opinion there are a few teams that have a shot this year which is going to make for a great playoff but I still think the state ship will end up on the west side.
Roll the ball out and play lol. Right bulldog? I love that saying

No one has said E Surry has "won," the title. Some of us just believe they are the favorite. This doesn't mean that they are unbeatable, or other teams will not give them competition.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
If you think that there is a girl in NC that can shut down Sutphin you obviously have not seen her play. Also I have seen almost every home game as well as traveled to West Forsyth, north Wilkes, Bishop etc. watching the cards play.

If you think that there is a girl in NC that can shut down Sutphin you obviously have not seen her play. Also I have seen almost every home game as well as traveled to West Forsyth, north Wilkes, Bishop etc. watching the cards play.
Yes twice. We soon shall see. Good luck!!

Sutphin is a phenomenal player. No one on ES's schedule has been able to stop her so far this season, but I wouldn't go so far as to say no one in NC could shut her down. I suspect she will see her fair share of doubt teams during the playoffs. She is still talented enough that she will be able to score points even facing double teams but in order to advance as far as they are capable of going the other ES players will have to step up and make shots as well.

To beat ES you don't worry about her just shut down the others. There are several teams in the west that are capable of beating them. So far she hda been 5-6 inches taller than most of her competitors. Bi GB difference when she has to compete with others her size. She is very good.

To beat ES you don't worry about her just shut down the others. There are several teams in the west that are capable of beating them. So far she hda been 5-6 inches taller than most of her competitors. Bi GB difference when she has to compete with others her size. She is very good.
I haven’t seen other top teams play but I’ll go out on a limb and say that any other girl her size will not be able to stay with her on the perimeter she handles the ball like a guard and shoots the 3 well if you put a faster defender on her she will drop to the post and eat them alive pick your poison she’s a top 50 recruit for a reason.

I haven’t seen other top teams play but I’ll go out on a limb and say that any other girl her size will not be able to stay with her on the perimeter she handles the ball like a guard and shoots the 3 well if you put a faster defender on her she will drop to the post and eat them alive pick your poison she’s a top 50 recruit for a reason.
Everyone got their boots on ?

Ok lol. Maybe you should watch other teams

Everyone got their boots on ?
Td Friday night I finally broke down and watched ma play Avery from 2 years ago at wake forest. It was just as heartbreaking now as it was then. We missed several point blank layups and outside shots. Sawyers killed us from outside. Even contested she will be a handful in the playoffs. Everybody said state that year was in 4th round between ma and Murphy . I'm not so sure. We deserved to be there. That game could have easily been ten points in our favor. You may not agree but if you watched game again you would. That was Franklin's worse offensive performance in a high school game ever. It's so crazy how losses can affect fans like it does players. I was sad for weeks cause I felt like we were the better team. Think why we lost 8 close games last year is after that loss Avery was expecting the worse in the 4th quarter and they could not focus. I know ma is your team no disrespect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT