ADVERTISEMENT

1A Any Bold Predictions Girls or Boys

Correct bulldog so north will be ahead of mitchell...u got to have 9 teams in your conference to get a 3 seed and north rowans conference is only conf in west with 9 teams. Also cherokee will be ranked higher than mount airy due to mount airys 3 game losing streak. So cherokee would play at east surry 3rd round.

Isn’t Mitchell in a split conference? If so they would be behind automatic qualifiers. I think LOL
A team that finishes 3rd in their conference split or not will be seeded with other 3rd place finishers. If you finish 3rd you finish 3rd no other way to justify it. They are seeded with other 3rd place teams. If you want to get technical they are the second place 1a team. But they are ranked higher

A team that finishes 3rd in their conference split or not will be seeded with other 3rd place finishers. If you finish 3rd you finish 3rd no other way to justify it. They are seeded with other 3rd place teams. If you want to get technical they are the second place 1a team. But they are ranked higher
Sorry yea you are right. But so stupid. They punish good teams in split conferences. It's going to make things difficult a lot of upsets will occur with all the conference teams having to play each other 3 or 4 times in one season. Mitchell is top 10 for a reason lucky to have beaten them twice already. So you are asking a 2nd ranked Avery team to beat a conference rival ranked in the top 10 3 or 4 times in one season. That's a joke. I'm not a betting man but I don't like our chances I would rather play north Rowan or pine lake

MA lost at the right time, let’s be honest , that 3 game skid wasn’t against cupcakes. The Bears aren’t an easy match up for anybody in 1a girls basketball. I look for them to have a strong conference tourney and a strong showing in states. Shaunae Sawyers is BAD!! Alyssa Cox is real good to , ask the Murphy faithful, they will remember that name from last year. There isn’t a player in 1a basketball that can match up with supthin, maybe a couple classification wide but not many in the state. She isn’t ranked in the top 50 in the nation by espn for no reason at all. She is the star of east but she is surrounded by talent , young talent but solid. They are a top 5 without her. Time will tell, but I just don’t see it . The softball program loads up with a group of 8th graders that hadn’t lost at much of anything. Baseball didn’t lose anything, they will be deep in the mix to. Future is bright in pilot mtn , from the football field to the hardwoods to the softball and baseball fields.

Last edited:
Where is those projections. Nick Stevens are still the same except for bishop being in west. And still has north Rowan ahead of Mitchell which is wrong both 3rd in their conference and Mitchell has top 10 ranking

Stevens projections were updated at 12:37 am today.

Sorry yea you are right. But so stupid. They punish good teams in split conferences. It's going to make things difficult a lot of upsets will occur with all the conference teams having to play each other 3 or 4 times in one season. Mitchell is top 10 for a reason lucky to have beaten them twice already. So you are asking a 2nd ranked Avery team to beat a conference rival ranked in the top 10 3 or 4 times in one season. That's a joke. I'm not a betting man but I don't like our chances I would rather play north Rowan or pine lake
10 just doesn't seem to be our lucky number the past two years. We got left out last year because we tied for 4th in a brutal split conference finished 10th in rankings. And 3 teams from little smoky got n? Now you want to make us play a 10th ranked team in 2nd round? Cause a team finishes 3rd in a 9 team conference. And Mitchell finishes 3rd in a split conference with 6 teams? With the number one ranked 2a team not 1a is on top undefeated. Disgrace!! The nchsaa has no common sense whatsoever. Split conferences are brutal ask Allegheny fans. It's not fair at all. The top two 2a teams and top 2 1a teams in split conferences regardless of finish should be 1 and 2 seeds.

I don’t think anybody would rather play north Rowan. They are young but when they click they are tough. I get what you are saying though. If this projection would hold out and we play GS again in the championship of the tourney that will be 4 times we would have to play them this year. To be honest I wouldn’t mind the seeding rules from this year but switch it up like they had a year or two ago where they went 1west v 16 MW 1MW v 16 W etc. I don’t think there is a perfect system where everybody would be happy but if you use these seeding guidelines get them split 1-64 then east and west 1-32 then split it once more to 1-16 east Mideast Midwest and West it will help to avoid as much as possible any conf matchups in the first or second round.

MA lost at the right time, let’s be honest , that 3 game skid wasn’t against cupcakes. There isn’t a player in 1a basketball that can match up with supthin, maybe a couple classification wide but not many in the state. She isn’t ranked in the top 50 in the nation by espn for no reason at all. She is the star of east but she is surrounded by talent , young talent but solid. They are a top 5 without her. Time will tell, but I just don’t see it . The softball program loads up with a group of 8th graders that hadn’t lost at much of anything. Baseball didn’t lose anything, they will be deep in the mix to. Future is bright in pilot mtn , from the football field to the hardwoods to the softball and baseball fields.
I just hope hope!# not going to happen since nchsaa wants to punish good teams with these stupid conference rules making good teams play hard teams early n playoffs that Avery plays east Surry. So you think that if a player is not in 3a or 4a that they cannot stop a certain player. You are crazy. I remember in 8th grade watching Avery play a great Georgia team with two twins that were 6 footers. Well one of them scored on Franklin. And this fan screamed all day. 9 blocks later he wasn't screaming anymore. Lol. Every time they drove the ball went back out to the 3 point line. Well they were big and tall. Had bout 5 inch height advantage. She may not be a espn recruit. I get that. But speed shooting rebounding shot blocking without fouling she can hang. She is the leader in whc in blocks. She prides herself on defense. So before you go around with this garbage bout 1a players not being able to stop another 1a player. Better check yourself at the gym door. Cause there is a certain phrase called meeting your match. You need to tell me who can stop Franklin because every game I have seen she gets to the foul line at will.

Maybe next year they would be, don't agree with that statement this year. Mount Airy, Avery, Murphy and Cherokee would all beat East handily this season without Sutphin, next year probably a different story.
Union academy Albemarle as well

Bring your team to pilot mtn which is a possibility depending on who goes where and you will see survivor, before you go shooting that jaw off read the statement, didn’t say anything about 1a basketball players , I’m saying she is the top 50 best players of her class in the nation, if you read it wrong then — we’ll I don’t really care, she isn’t all the cards have . Mbd , have you seen the cards this year? If you haven’t you should, maybe you will if the dawgs make trip to pilot, video on MaxPreps don’t tell the story, by the way survivor, I was in Winston Salem last year and watched north Wilkes beat up on that overrated Hertaige team that’s seems to be ranked so high every year , ( 1a bears would have beat the brakes off both last year ) remember they blew Avery out every time they played this year, a hertaige team that West Forsyth would mop the floor with, a West Forsyth team the 1a cards beat this year. Chew on it , spit it out and if the cards see the vikes you can re read this post and CHOKE ON IT!!

Last edited:
Union academy Albemarle as well
Oh a ref closed my thread because I was honest. Let me ask you this Mr official? How come there have been videos of games sent to the nchsaa. I don't know you you don't know me. But last time I checked this is a free country. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. I don't use profanity I just call it like I see it. I was speaking for all high school athletes. There are dirty cops and dirty officials everywhere that care more about themselves than doing what is right seen it with my own eyes. Coaches related to officials. If it didn't happen nobody would be complaining about it. I Didnt see you reply when comments were being made bout smc officials being terrible

Bring your team to pilot mtn which is a possibility depending on who goes where and you will see survivor, before you go shooting that jaw off read the statement, didn’t say anything about 1a basketball players , I’m saying she is the top 50 best players of her class in the nation, if you read it wrong then — we’ll I don’t really care, she isn’t all the cards have . Mbd , have you seen the cards this year? If you haven’t you should, maybe you will if the dawgs make trip to pilot, video on MaxPreps don’t tell the story, by the way survivor, I was in Winston Salem last year and watched north Wilkes beat up on that overrated Hertaige team that’s seems to be ranked so high every year , remember they blew Avery out every time they played this year, a hertaige team that West Forsyth would mop the floor with, a West Forsyth team the 1a cards beat this year. Chew on it , spit it out and if the cards see the vikes you can re read this post and CHOKE ON IT!!

We had the opportunity play East Surry in our preseason jamboree. The big girl is good and versatile they also have another big I really like and they compliment each other well. What makes East Surry good and I’m sure they have even improved on this as well but their team chemistry is great. You can’t go out to only stop suptin because of the supporting cast as well. That’s why I picked them from the start of the season they are a tough team to contend with as well as they are well coached. Hats off to East Surry in a great season.

Reactions: gdawg74
Bring your team to pilot mtn which is a possibility depending on who goes where and you will see survivor, before you go shooting that jaw off read the statement, didn’t say anything about 1a basketball players , I’m saying she is the top 50 best players of her class in the nation, if you read it wrong then — we’ll I don’t really care, she isn’t all the cards have . Mbd , have you seen the cards this year? If you haven’t you should, maybe you will if the dawgs make trip to pilot, video on MaxPreps don’t tell the story, by the way survivor, I was in Winston Salem last year and watched north Wilkes beat up on that overrated Hertaige team that’s seems to be ranked so high every year , ( 1a bears would have beat the brakes off both last year ) remember they blew Avery out every time they played this year, a hertaige team that West Forsyth would mop the floor with, a West Forsyth team the 1a cards beat this year. Chew on it , spit it out and if the cards see the vikes you can re read this post and CHOKE ON IT!!
They won by 3 points you idiot. And Franklin dominated north wilkes career high with 3 6 footers. They blew Avery out without Franklin just like east Surry would get blown out without sutphin wander what mh and Murphy fans think of your comments. And yes you said no 1a team could stop her

maybe you will if the dawgs make trip to pilot
Well if they brackets hold to form only way they could meet would be in the regional finals on a neutral floor (although the trip from Murphy to Winston is much further than the trip from Pilot Mtn ha) but if that's how it played out I'd look forward to it.

Reactions: gdawg74
After reading your posts and the grammar issues with them, it has me taking your idiot comment as a compliment as it is one of the only words that seems to be spelled or spoken correctly, thank you sir . We will see soon enuff , put them on the court and we shall see

Oh a ref closed my thread because I was honest. Let me ask you this Mr official? How come there have been videos of games sent to the nchsaa. I don't know you you don't know me. But last time I checked this is a free country. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. I don't use profanity I just call it like I see it. I was speaking for all high school athletes. There are dirty cops and dirty officials everywhere that care more about themselves than doing what is right seen it with my own eyes. Coaches related to officials. If it didn't happen nobody would be complaining about it. I Didnt see you reply when comments were being made bout smc officials being terrible

What do you hope to accomplish with your comments? Do you feel the dirty cops and dirty officials are the majority? Should the NCHSAA not review game videos? How do you feel officials should be selected, assigned, and held accountable?

What do you hope to accomplish with your comments? Do you feel the dirty cops and dirty officials are the majority? Should the NCHSAA not review game videos? How do you feel officials should be selected, assigned, and held accountable?
Idk not my problem. Nchsaa makes those calls not me.

They won by 3 points you idiot. And Franklin dominated north wilkes career high with 3 6 footers. They blew Avery out without Franklin just like east Surry would get blown out without sutphin wander what mh and Murphy fans think of your comments. And yes you said no 1a team could stop her
You said no 1a player could match up with her. And mh has a former wnba player as their coach They are in the hunt every year. As far as ma last year not so sure they beat brakes out of either of those teams. Nobody is debating that east Surry is not a great team but that you don't know the whc no more than I know the nwc

You said no 1a player could match up with her. And mh has a former wnba player as their coach They are in the hunt every year. As far as ma last year not so sure they beat brakes out of either of those teams. Nobody is debating that east Surry is not a great team but that you don't know the whc no more than I know the nwc
I know this conference matchup in early rounds does not make sense.at least in the pod system you see different conferences battle it out. You get an idea of how good teams really are when they play teams they have not seen so far. Don't really know what to expect make in game adjustments. Makes exciting basketball games

Mount Airy Girls has only 2 players that are 5'9" and a 5'7 all others smaller. East Surry has 6" taller Elle Sutphin @ 6'3" and a 5'10" a 5'8" and 3 5'9" players . Of East Surry's 1272 points this year Elle has scored 468 of them. Mount Airy's speed, defense and great shooting have won them the games this year but their shooting has been way off the last 3 games maybe due to good defense from the other teams or the lack of height against more evenly matched teams

I know this conference matchup in early rounds does not make sense.at least in the pod system you see different conferences battle it out. You get an idea of how good teams really are when they play teams they have not seen so far. Don't really know what to expect make in game adjustments. Makes exciting basketball games
Mount Airy Girls has only 2 players that are 5'9" and a 5'7 all others smaller. East Surry has 6" taller Elle Sutphin @ 6'3" and a 5'10" a 5'8" and 3 5'9" players . Of East Surry's 1272 points this year Elle has scored 468 of them. Mount Airy's speed, defense and great shooting have won them the games this year but their shooting has been way off the last 3 games maybe due to good defense from the other teams or the lack of height against more evenly matched teams

Albemarle their tallest player is 5’6 followed by 2 at 5’5 all other players are at 5’0-5’3.

That's good news for the Avery/Murphy sectional, had honestly forgotten they were moving to Hickory. It's still a good bit closer from Pilot Mtn to Hickory than from Murphy but would be more of a true neutral site than Winston.
Also, I would say arrive early, both the venues are very small compared to The Joel or GSO. I remember the last time they were they had to wait for fans from previous game to leave to let others in.

Lenoir-Rhyne and CVCC
Does Lenoir-Rhyne have like a balcony overhead behind one of the basketball goals ? If so I can remember going up there where and spending a few minutes shooting pictures when a local team was playing. I could get a few good dunks from up there and in the back part behind the other goal some of us would go back there and shot some baskets waiting for the game to get underway. Man, I miss those days !

Does Lenoir-Rhyne have like a balcony overhead behind one of the basketball goals ? If so I can remember going up there where and spending a few minutes shooting pictures when a local team was playing. I could get a few good dunks from up there and in the back part behind the other goal some of us would go back there and shot some baskets waiting for the game to get underway. Man, I miss those days !
It's been 10 years since I was in L-R, I don't think their is a balcony. CVCC has seats behind the goals and stage on one side. You also could have been at Hickory High, they have that set-up you are talking about and I do believe some of the regional games were played there also.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
It's been 10 years since I was in L-R, I don't think their is a balcony. CVCC has seats behind the goals and stage on one side. You also could have been at Hickory High, they have that set-up you are talking about and I do believe some of the regional games were played there also.
This would have been between 1989 & 1999. Seems like it was maybe 1 turn off I-40 to the right and maybe 1 other turn. Probably 3 total miles at the most off I-40. Seemed we passed a restaurant called something like Yesterday's on the right.

We have 5'1 5'5 5'7 at guards 5'11 and 6'0 forwards. Our best defenders are 5'11 Franklin and 5'1 McKinney both give up size but always hold their own

We have 5'1 5'5 5'7 at guards 5'11 and 6'0 forwards. Our best defenders are 5'11 Franklin and 5'1 McKinney both give up size but always hold their own
Our 5'7 shooting guard is super aggressive. Sees opening and goes for it every time. Top 5 scorer in 1a

Our 5'7 shooting guard is super aggressive. Sees opening and goes for it every time. Top 5 scorer in 1a
Mount Airy has great shooters but can't seem to find the basket the last week or 2 . Senior Shaunae Sawyers is 5'5" and is their best shooter & player and played on Mount Airy's back to back State Championships the last two seasons. She is the only returning starter from those 2 State Championship teams that I remember. All others were reserves or moved up from the JVs. There are other great players but seems all are in a slump. Maybe they will start shooting better in the conference and state tournaments.

Last edited:
Mount Airy has great shooters but can't seem to find the basket the last week or 2 . Senior Shaunae Sawyers is 5'5" and is their best shooter & player and played on Mount Airy's back to back State Championships the last two seasons. She is the only returning starter from those 2 State Championship teams that I remember. All others were reserves or moved up from the JVs. There are other great players but seems all are in a slump. Maybe they will start shooting better in the conference and state tournaments.
Oh yea until they are beat in playoffs they are the team to beat. Reigning two time defending champs

This would have been between 1989 & 1999. Seems like it was maybe 1 turn off I-40 to the right and maybe 1 other turn. Probably 3 total miles at the most off I-40. Seemed we passed a restaurant called something like Yesterday's on the right.

No seats behind goals at LR. Lots of rows of wooden bleachers down both sidelines last I was in there, but it has been a few years. CVCC has seats behind goals, but wouldn't have been a regional venue back then. CVCC is smaller, so will probably have 1A, but is actually the nicer venue IMO.

No seats behind goals at LR. Lots of rows of wooden bleachers down both sidelines last I was in there, but it has been a few years. CVCC has seats behind goals, but wouldn't have been a regional venue back then. CVCC is smaller, so will probably have 1A, but is actually the nicer venue IMO.
Hope to be there lol. I know the last two 1a regional games in the west have been very competitive. The Lincoln charter mount airy game in boys was a classic. Lincoln charter could not buy a bucket shooting outside but their furious comeback in the 4th was one for the ages. I was sad cause avery girls lost a hard fought game. No team shot the ball well in that game playing ma that day boys or girls. I'm sure the girls would always want to play at the joel. Good luck to them. Avery s girls and Lincoln charters boys went 2 for 26 from 3 point line that day lol.

Hope to be there lol. I know the last two 1a regional games in the west have been very competitive. The Lincoln charter mount airy game in boys was a classic. Lincoln charter could not buy a bucket shooting outside but their furious comeback in the 4th was one for the ages. I was sad cause avery girls lost a hard fought game. No team shot the ball well in that game playing ma that day boys or girls. I'm sure the girls would always want to play at the joel. Good luck to them. Avery s girls and Lincoln charters boys went 2 for 26 from 3 point line that day lol.
28 my bad even worse lol

It may have been Hickory High. I just remember a balcony above the Goal but don't remember if there were seats. If there were seats no one was seating in them. It has been 20 plus years and I can picture it all in my head and remember going there a few times for the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT