ADVERTISEMENT

1A Any Bold Predictions Girls or Boys

TD-FridayNight

Oct 28, 2015
Mayberry - RFD,NC
Any early predictions on the final 4 in the East and the final 4 in the West.
Is anyone bold enough to pick these 4 .? Post them now and then they can be changed after Conference Championships.
Also, boys if you want to add them but tell which you are choosing in each of the Boys or Girls..

Last edited:
Final Girls West
2.Avery
9.Cherokee

Girls East
Dunno anything about those teams and therefore dont care lol

Boys West
1.)Winston Salem Prep
Does it matter? lol

Think Cherokee could make a deep run if they draw starmount and avoid winston salem prep. Lincoln charter is always good.

Boys East
Dunno anything about those teams and therefore dont care lol

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Girls not ranking wise but i actually think the 4 best teams in West are Avery, East Surry,Murphy, and Cherokee, but 3 of them make end up in the same end of the bracket
Boys WSP and then everyone else, Lincoln Charter is good too, and i think Hayesville could pull a upset or 2

Girls not ranking wise but i actually think the 4 best teams in West are Avery, East Surry,Murphy, and Cherokee, but 3 of them make end up in the same end of the bracket
Boys WSP and then everyone else, Lincoln Charter is good too, and i think Hayesville could pull a upset or 2
The way it's looking right now Avery might meet ma in 3rd round and Cherokee might meet east Surry in 3rd round. I honestly feel like Avery will be up to the challenge. Then I think east Surry has too much size for Cherokee but they have a shooters chance. My upset would be union academy over east Surry. Union academy Avery final four

As long as Sutphin stays healthy, I don't see anyone beating E Surry. I don't think they're unbeatable, but I think MA would have the best chance after playing them multiple times.
Side note, E Surry returns all their players next year.

As long as Sutphin stays healthy, I don't see anyone beating E Surry. I don't think they're unbeatable, but I think MA would have the best chance after playing them multiple times.
Avery graduates all their good players this year. Cherryville will beat them next year. East Surry can win it next year lol

Good luck on ma beating a pissed off Avery team in the 3rd round on their home court. Not wake forest
I hope east Surry has a back up plan if sutphin does not dominate cause avery s guards are way better
Good luck on ma beating a pissed off Avery team in the 3rd round on their home court. Not wake forest
If I was other teams I would not sleep on Albemarle or Allegheny. Albemarle is very experienced and Allegheny when they play well can compete with anybody. As far as 3 seeds are concerned I think Mitchell and Hayesville could pull off some upsets

I hope east Surry has a back up plan if sutphin does not dominate cause avery s guards are way better

If I was other teams I would not sleep on Albemarle or Allegheny. Albemarle is very experienced and Allegheny when they play well can compete with anybody. As far as 3 seeds are concerned I think Mitchell and Hayesville could pull off some upsets
Avery Murphy Cherokee ma will all be down next year. East Surry will have a really good chance of winning it all next year

East Girls only beat Mount Airy 42 to 39 @ MA. Mount Airy has the speed & defense if they can shut Sutphin down to win. She has 6 inches on MA's tallest players.Also, this game is @ ES and MA has been down the last few games, maybe the mistake of this game on their minds. The rivalry between these two in football and basketball has been furious this year. I may be wrong but MA. will either be back in good form tonight and win or if they play like they have the last 2 games and not find the net then it could be another loss, the 3rd this week. Mount Airy needs to win tonight to take 2nd place outright to avoid a tie with Bishop because Bishop wins over WSPrep Girls..

East Girls only beat Mount Airy 42 to 39 @ MA. Mount Airy has the speed & defense if they can shut Sutphin down to win. She has 6 inches on MA's tallest players.Also, this game is @ ES and MA has been down the last few games, maybe the mistake of this game on their minds. The rivalry between these two in football and basketball has been furious this year. I may be wrong but MA. will either be back in good form tonight and win or if they play like they have the last 2 games and not find the net then it could be another loss, the 3rd this week. Mount Airy needs to win tonight to take 2nd place outright to avoid a tie with Bishop because Bishop wins over WSPrep Girls..
Amen

Boys WSP and then everyone else, Lincoln Charter is good too, and i think Hayesville could pull an upset or 2
I agree on the girls except if Mount Airy gets back in form they can win the west but this is a big if. Boys, it is WSPeps's to take away from. Going to be interesting Conference & State Championship games !

Bold predictions..... Mitchell wins the whc tournament, makes regional finals. Wins state next 2 yrs.

Murphy girls do lose 3 guards but will still have Pickens and both fowards Addison and pullium and center Rogers back along with a 1st place JV girls team
Good programs lose seniors and replace them . That's what Murphy will do next season. Clappsaddle will be a big loss, but obviously Survivor hasn't seen Pickens play.

3 talented sophomores. Several talented juniors. A freshman with a lot of potential and a few of the jv team that can play. A very good coach who stresses defense. I think they will be a factor for a few yrs. just a “bold prediction “.

Mount Airy JV Boys & Girls Beat East Surry tonight . Bears have some really good talent moving up next year. Not sure what the JV boys win-lose was but the JV girls beat ES 40 to 32 and Boys win in OT 52 to 39.. East has a lot of players returning also. Going to be another great year 2019 - 2020 Basketball in the NWC as always. JV girls went 12-3 & & I found the Boys W & L also Boys went 13-5. 2 JV boys moved up to play varsity for injured Jordan Newsome & Greg Greene tonight and the Boys JVs still won 52-39. So never count the Bears out from year to year.

3 talented sophomores. Several talented juniors. A freshman with a lot of potential and a few of the jv team that can play. A very good coach who stresses defense. I think they will be a factor for a few yrs. just a “bold prediction “.

Only thing lacking in my opinion is size. Teams like Avery give us fits. Our not so big bigs, play hard but are just undersized. But yeah, I think Mitchell will be really good the next few years. Hoping to finish this season strong and looking forward to next year already. Outside of 1 really bad loss and 2 games that Mitchell didn't play well the other losses are to Avery and Mt. Heritage. I think these girls can be competitive in this years playoffs depending on matchups.

Looking forward to Avery again on Tuesday. Mitchell must figure out Averys 1-3-1. The last game turned when they went to that defense. Mitchell could not score.

Good luck to all WHC teams in the playoffs.

Go Mountaineers

Only thing lacking in my opinion is size. Teams like Avery give us fits. Our not so big bigs, play hard but are just undersized. But yeah, I think Mitchell will be really good the next few years. Hoping to finish this season strong and looking forward to next year already. Outside of 1 really bad loss and 2 games that Mitchell didn't play well the other losses are to Avery and Mt. Heritage. I think these girls can be competitive in this years playoffs depending on matchups.

Looking forward to Avery again on Tuesday. Mitchell must figure out Averys 1-3-1. The last game turned when they went to that defense. Mitchell could not score.

Good luck to all WHC teams in the playoffs.

Go Mountaineers
That's one of many defenses. Usually good outside shooting teams. Forced some turnovers against mh in first half but they started breaking us down. Then we went man to man where they kept hitting shots with hands in their face. We have problems with teams that have big guards and big interior players. Like cloudland mh and watauga but cloudland and mh blowout was without Franklin. And Franklin gives Mitchell and cloudland fits. She is best shooter and gets to the foul line anytime she wants. I look forward to the matchup again think Avery comes out rusty from 2 week playoff but I think they regroup at halftime

Oh yea Murphy and Cherokee will always reload. Yea I have seen highlights on both teams. I just don't think they will be as good as the past 3 years. All I'm saying

Good programs lose seniors and replace them . That's what Murphy will do next season. Clappsaddle will be a big loss, but obviously Survivor hasn't seen Pickens play.
Avery will not be good cause they lost two talented sophomores to Mitchell. So the talent and experience want be there. I think people don't like avery s coach but at least he don't scream and yell at girls whole game. So they play care free not worried bout making mistakes all the time. So they learn as they go

Avery will not be good cause they lost two talented sophomores to Mitchell. So the talent and experience want be there. I think people don't like avery s coach but at least he don't scream and yell at girls whole game. So they play care free not worried bout making mistakes all the time. So they learn as they go
The two best sophomores from Avery and the two transfers to Mitchell played travel ball together for years. Lucky for other teams they are all not on same team or they would be a headache then

All you Avery county fans might need to watch yourselves thinking east Surry has to wait till next year Sutphin will dominate any girls team in NC she is a top 50 recruit in the country y’all aint stopping her no matter where the game is played but you better hope it’s at the Joel and not in pilot mountain

Why even talk about the boys in 1A prep is on a different level every year doesn’t matter who they play give them another title

Reactions: G_all_W_day_Y
The latest projections have East Surry with a possible match-up against Bishop in the 2nd round, and Mount Airy in the 3rd round. Playing either of these teams for the 3rd or 4th time this season could spell trouble for East.

Reactions: AHVikingNation
I think suphtin has been in district at east the whole time, played with the strongest girls group in ages at north Surry her freshman year. East Surry is loaded youth wise, Kylie Bruner , Dasia Lambert the Lawson girl and Smith are all solid , east Surry goes back to back in my opinion. The special part of this story is this, that group in my opinion has a VERY STRONG chance to put together something I haven’t ever seen done or not sure it ever has been done, win three state championships in Three sports and back to back in two of those. Softball, Basketball and Volleyball. Side note , the group at Surry Central, pretty solid this year in their own right had Jacie Busik of Glenn and Ellie Supthin on what was then the Surry Stars and coached by MA assistant Abby Gallimore. Just think if that group would have stayed together. SOLID!!! Coach Mayfield will have the Bears back in form , they have been tight with east both outings, schedule has been tuff. I could still see the Bears and East being the best two teams in the west , Sawyers is special for the bears, Women’s basketball in Surry county is on fire right now!! Closing , NOBODY IS BEATING PREP

I think suphtin has been in district at east the whole time, played with the strongest girls group in ages at north Surry her freshman year. East Surry is loaded youth wise, Kylie Bruner , Dasia Lambert the Lawson girl and Smith are all solid , east Surry goes back to back in my opinion. The special part of this story is this, that group in my opinion has a VERY STRONG chance to put together something I haven’t ever seen done or not sure it ever has been done, win three state championships in Three sports and back to back in two of those. Softball, Basketball and Volleyball. Side note , the group at Surry Central, pretty solid this year in their own right had Jacie Busik of Glenn and Ellie Supthin on what was then the Surry Stars and coached by MA assistant Abby Gallimore. Just think if that group would have stayed together. SOLID!!! Coach Mayfield will have the Bears back in form , they have been tight with east both outings, schedule has been tuff. I could still see the Bears and East being the best two teams in the west , Sawyers is special for the bears, Women’s basketball in Surry county is on fire right now!! Closing , NOBODY IS BEATING PREP
Why even play the playoffs since east Surry already has the title won right. I know sutphin is great seen her play twice in person. I know the whole team is great. But we have two near 6 footers ourselves. And I will promise you this you might be taller and more athletic than Avery. But our too big girls are strong country girls that you will not keep off the glass.

East Surry is talented, no doubt, but they are young and typically experienced teams have better success in the playoffs. I give the edge to Avery or Murphy because of that.

Why even play the playoffs since east Surry already has the title won right. I know sutphin is great seen her play twice in person. I know the whole team is great. But we have two near 6 footers ourselves. And I will promise you this you might be taller and more athletic than Avery. But our too big girls are strong country girls that you will not keep off the glass.
Plus the Avery team that ma beat in regional finals two years ago didn't get outbursts or outplayed. They were stone cold shooting the ball. The bright lights and big stage might have been too much for them to overcome. But they overachieved that year and they were sophomores then. We will see if experience pays off. But like I said in another post you got who you got in Avery Mitchell yancey counties. You don't have the luxury of moving to another district in the area.

counties. You don't have the luxury of moving to another district in the area

All you Avery county fans might need to watch yourselves thinking east Surry has to wait till next year Sutphin will dominate any girls team in NC she is a top 50 recruit in the country y’all aint stopping her no matter where the game is played but you better hope it’s at the Joel and not in pilot mountain
Prefer a normal setting. A high school gym.

IThe special part of this story is this, that group in my opinion has a VERY STRONG chance to put together something I haven’t ever seen done or not sure it ever has been done, win three state championships in Three sports and back to back in two of those. Softball, Basketball and Volleyball.
1A volleyball is dominated by charters now, I think it could be a while before you see a public school win another state title in 1A volleyball. Schools like East Surry, Polk Co and Murphy were the victims of that the last couple of years.

Softball is possible I guess and they will be one of the favorites this year but I doubt they'll be the favorite in softball next year. Last year Murphy had a strong season with a team that was almost entirely made up of freshman and sophomores and their top sophomore bat missed the season with a torn ACL but will be back this year. They will have one of the best players in the state at any level leading them the next 3 years in UNC commit Annie Kate Dalton. Murphy girls will be a top team this year and should make a deep run but they will be the team to beat in 1A in 2020 imo. I realize East Surry also had a pretty young team last year and have a strong group of 2020 players but Murphy has two classes on that level.

As far as basketball goes East girls are the favorite this year and if they somehow slip up this season then I doubt anyone touches them next year when they will have a good chance to run the table.

Last edited:
1A volleyball is dominated by charters now, I think it could be a while before you see a public school win another state title in 1A volleyball. Schools like East Surry, Polk Co and Murphy were the victims of that the last couple of years.

Softball is possible I guess and they may even be the favorites this year but I doubt they'll be the favorite in softball next year. Last year Murphy had a strong season with a team that was almost entirely made up of freshman and sophomores and one of their top sophomores missed the season with a torn ACL but will be back this year. They will have one of the best players in the state at any level leading them the next 3 years in UNC commit Annie Kate Dalton. Murphy girls will be a top team this year and should make a deep run but they will be the team to beat in 1A in 2020 imo. I realize East Surry also had a young team last year and have a really strong group of 2020 players but Murphy has two classes on that level.

As far as basketball goes East girls are the favorite this year and if they somehow slip up this season then I doubt anyone touches them next year when they will have a good chance to run the table.
Oh yeah I agree 100 percent. Look at Murphy's 3 senior guards they have played on the big stage what twice already. Talent alone doesn't win state championships it's heart determination the fact that you have suffered defeat and had your season abruptly end. Murphy has been battle tested for years. It's time for teams that have been so close to step up to the plate

The latest projections have East Surry with a possible match-up against Bishop in the 2nd round, and Mount Airy in the 3rd round. Playing either of these teams for the 3rd or 4th time this season could spell trouble for East.
Where is those projections. Nick Stevens are still the same except for bishop being in west. And still has north Rowan ahead of Mitchell which is wrong both 3rd in their conference and Mitchell has top 10 ranking

Where is those projections. Nick Stevens are still the same except for bishop being in west. And still has north Rowan ahead of Mitchell which is wrong both 3rd in their conference and Mitchell has top 10 ranking
Isn’t Mitchell in a split conference? If so they would be behind automatic qualifiers. I think LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT