ADVERTISEMENT

1A Andrews vs Swain

Wildcat10fan

Aug 9, 2014
I have never in my life seen such a game as tonight at Swain. Wow, the one referee should never be able to call a SMC game ever again. I heard he left the Asheville Association and joined the SMC refs. I can see why he left but we don’t want him in the league. At least 6 technicals, 1 on each coach and one Andrews fan ejected. He made the game all about him in the girls and boys game but the boys game was something I have never wittinesed in my life.

Last edited:
I have never in my life seen such a game as tonight at Swain. Wow, the one referee should never be able to call a SMC game ever again. I heard he left the Asheville Association and joined the SMC refs. I can see why he left but we don’t want him in the league. At least 6 technicals, 1 on each coach and one Andrews fan ejected. He made the game all about him in the girls and boys game but the boys game was something I have never wittinesed in my life.

Hmmm!!

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
How was the game? Score updates I saw look like Andrews came back from about 15 down to win the boys.
We came back from 20 and went ahead with like 20 seconds to go. To tell you the truth it’s so hard to explain the game because of how it was officiated. Swain’s big man got in early foul trouble then two other starters well before halftime. Second half it was Andrews time to be on the receiving end and by the 4th quarter it was unbelievable calls or sometimes no calls towards both teams. Swain is a very good team and Andrews never quit. We had lost to Rosman by 3 and give it away to Hayesville. This young team really needed this win for confidence

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Swain was up by 20 when the fouls started raining in the 2nd half. 4 starters fouled out and one of our best off the bench. I'm surprised that ref made it out of Swain County.

We had same issue in our game vs Swain 50 plus fouls. Both teams couldn't really play basketball. I bet it's the same crew that refed that game.

Dang is this year the Refs finally win a state championship? Because apparently no team is allowed to play basketball this season. The Swain and R’ville game had like 50 fouls on both sides. Players fouling out left and right.

Dang is this year the Refs finally win a state championship? Because apparently no team is allowed to play basketball this season. The Swain and R’ville game had like 50 fouls on both sides. Players fouling out left and right.
I was told by Swain that we had same crew from that game.lol

The taller guy was decent though. He was the only one not throwing techs like Oprah Winfrey throwing out prizes!

And one asks why cherokee did there best to get away from that . Every game I’ve read about has had way to many fouls called . But that’s the smc way

And one asks why cherokee did there best to get away from that . Every game I’ve read about has had way to many fouls called . But that’s the smc way
I agree but this one official we are all talking about came over from the Asheville Association. Trust me, when he calls a Cherokee game the way the Braves play you all will be in foul trouble by the end of the 1st Qtr. Just ask people from Swain & Rosman. A friend of mine who officiates for the Asheville Association said they were all glad to see him go. Think of the worse SMC official and multiply that by 3. Lol

I agree but this one official we are all talking about came over from the Asheville Association. Trust me, when he calls a Cherokee game the way the Braves play you all will be in foul trouble by the end of the 1st Qtr. Just ask people from Swain & Rosman. A friend of mine who officiates for the Asheville Association said they were all glad to see him go. Think of the worse SMC official and multiply that by 3. Lol

There’s probably a reason he left the Asheville Assoc. lol (or maybe “had” to leave!)

There’s probably a reason he left the Asheville Assoc. lol (or maybe “had” to leave!)
Lol. Your right. He is going to control a game no matter what. All kidding aside he can have a influence on a game which from top to bottom is going to be a very tight Conference in my opinion

Going to those officials won’t change a thing. If all schools move to that group then what will happen is the current officials we have will register there and continue to be sent here. Do you really think a guy from say North Asheville wants to drive to Hiwasssee Dam, Murphy or Hayesville for a flat fee? Also if your the booking agent where would you send you best officials? To Murphy- Andrews or Robertson-AC Reynolds?

Going to those officials won’t change a thing. If all schools move to that group then what will happen is the current officials we have will register there and continue to be sent here. Do you really think a guy from say North Asheville wants to drive to Hiwasssee Dam, Murphy or Hayesville for a flat fee? Also if your the booking agent where would you send you best officials? To Murphy- Andrews or Robertson-AC Reynolds?
To be totally honest from what few games I’ve seen that the Asheville Association has officiated I wasn’t impressed with them either

Reactions: recycled2
The best strategy is to start your 2nd & 3rd string and let them get the bulk of the fouls when he's on one of his whistle frenzies.
Haha. Your suggestion would seem bizarre anywhere else but not with our refs. I mean don't they use this strategy @ the end of games anyways. "Who has fouls to give?". In the SMC you have to work that into your starting line-up.

I cant stand to see a game took over by referees. Games at Cherokee are called alot better than some of the Barney Phifers I have witnessed. I mean the SMC refs wont even let our kids compete and play.

These guys are still part of the Asheville Assoc. I know the SMC crew is lacking in numbers so we’re basically using anyone we can get.

I’ve said for years the SMC has some dirty refs and i’m not backing down from that statement, even more so now. Yesterday I was told by a very reliable source that a official made the comment to a former official that he loved to make a coach mad and he was going to do it during the game so he could call a technical on the coach. He did what he said he was going to. This shows you the arrogance of some of the officials. This official had once worked st this school and was fired. He has been calling games against his former employer and it has always been so easy to see that he was dirty. As our country is now trying to drain the swamp so should we be draining the swamp of the South Western Officiating Association. Now they are getting so arrogant they’re telling others what they are going to do. Now tell me that a official don’t come into a game with a agenda to sway a game. I don’t care if we are short handed. What good is it if we have dirty officials. Again, they are only cheating the ones they are there for. The student athletes

Reactions: TigerDen1
Do these guys just wake up one day and say "how can I ruin someones athletic event"? Refs are refs and everyone complains so much there are fines for pros and punishments for others. But at what point do we get a decent game where it isn't decided by foul counts and calls. Should our players start calling their own fouls like in pick-up? I have found that to be a better system than the system with actual refs.

Do these guys just wake up one day and say "how can I ruin someones athletic event"? Refs are refs and everyone complains so much there are fines for pros and punishments for others. But at what point do we get a decent game where it isn't decided by foul counts and calls. Should our players start calling their own fouls like in pick-up? I have found that to be a better system than the system with actual refs.
It’s interesting when you Google Southwestern Officials Association. Go down the different pages on the site and you will learn a lot. Look who is on the Board of Directors ! Look who isn’t represented ! I was amused to say the least. They actually have a Code of Ethics !! My favorite was reading the part about Conflict of Interest. I’ve seen officials call games with family members playing in said game !! I’ve seen Athletic Directors officiating games !! Tell me that’s not a Conflict if Interest of huge proportion. Yes they might not call a game for the school they represent but they sure could help their team by calling against a team that could effect the standings. As usual it’s the Good ole Boys Club. How do people lay down at night and sleep with a clear conscience. We all will answer for our wrongs one day, me included

As our country is now trying to drain the swamp
Wildcat, I think you're an excellent poster and really appreciate your contributions to the board (and that's why I really wrestled with deciding to comment on this) but that's just another in a long line of campaign promises that's proven to be a total LIE.

I don't expect you to take my word for it, but the proof is in the pudding: https://www.redstate.com/rs_insider/2018/01/28/draining-swamp-2017-lobbying-numbers-they’re…-yuge/

Last edited:
Reactions: Thatoneguy...
U out numbered bigly in the mtns. Thanks for keeping ur promises President.

Wildcat, I think you're an excellent poster and really appreciate your contributions to the board (and that's why I really wrestled with deciding to comment on this) but that's just another in a long line of campaign promises that's proven to be a total LIE.

I don't expect you to take my word for it, but the proof is in the pudding: https://www.redstate.com/rs_insider/2018/01/28/draining-swamp-2017-lobbying-numbers-they’re…-yuge/
We all have our opinions and it’s perfectly fine Mbdfan. Like any other blog I know were all not going to agree but I have a forum to state how I feel. Some people tell me I shouldn’t voice my opinion at a game because the officials will take it out on the team. I tell them they are going to call how they want to whether I say something or not. I’m also happy that we have a coach this year that takes up for his players and speaks up to the officials. Having said all this I do want to say that we had a good officiated game last night at Hiwassee Dam. It was nice seeing a group that were clearly calling a game with no agenda against any player or team. That’s all we ask for

I’ve said for years the SMC has some dirty refs and i’m not backing down from that statement, even more so now. Yesterday I was told by a very reliable source that a official made the comment to a former official that he loved to make a coach mad and he was going to do it during the game so he could call a technical on the coach. He did what he said he was going to. This shows you the arrogance of some of the officials. This official had once worked st this school and was fired. He has been calling games against his former employer and it has always been so easy to see that he was dirty. As our country is now trying to drain the swamp so should we be draining the swamp of the South Western Officiating Association. Now they are getting so arrogant they’re telling others what they are going to do. Now tell me that a official don’t come into a game with a agenda to sway a game. I don’t care if we are short handed. What good is it if we have dirty officials. Again, they are only cheating the ones they are there for. The student athletes[/QUOTE

How is it the officials fault when you are losing by 30+ points? I agree there are some bad officials and some bad calls but, in a blowout, look at the players and the coaching staff.

Let’s not get political. I have my opinions but I don’t feel like getting into this on a basketball forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just using the quote “Drain the swamp” to say that’s what we need to do to the Southwestern Officials. In no way did I intend for it to be or turn into a political debate. I agree that this is not the place for it but I also think people don’t need to be so sensitive. Read my post again. Trust me though I will not use that line again. I didn’t intend to offend anyone

I was just using the quote “Drain the swamp” to say that’s what we need to do to the Southwestern Officials. In no way did I intend for it to be or turn into a political debate. I agree that this is not the place for it but I also think people don’t need to be so sensitive. Read my post again. Trust me though I will not use that line again. I didn’t intend to offend anyone
I didn't think it was a political post at all. I was wondering why the subject changed. Yeah you said "drain the swamp" but I didn't think in anyway it had a political tone. Heck keep using it, it's just an expression. We all use some expressions we've heard from the President, albeit ironic in my case. But when some people turn it then that is no fault on you. Keep on a posting man.

I didn't think it was a political post at all. I was wondering why the subject changed. Yeah you said "drain the swamp" but I didn't think in anyway it had a political tone. Heck keep using it, it's just an expression. We all use some expressions we've heard from the President, albeit ironic in my case. But when some people turn it then that is no fault on you. Keep on a posting man.
Thanks man, I don’t even like politicians on either side. I try to pick the lesser of two evils and that’s sad.

I don't even know what drain tha swamp means, just seen trumps name and said foget him!! Haha!!

But I believe the majority enjoy sports without politics. Minority or Majority I still root for the black and silver no matter who you voted for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT