ADVERTISEMENT

Andrews at Mitchell

Wildcat10fan

Aug 9, 2014
Wow, what a ride. Hats off to a very strong Mitchell team. In my opinion, they might be the strongest line we will face. Their defense is as solid as they come and they swarm to the ball. Linebackers and corners are not going to let you run. Andrews started the game out moving the ball past mid field and our defense was tough throughout the first Qtr and didn't give up a score till the 5:50 mark of the 2nd Qtr. On that drive we gave up a 3rd down completion when 2 defenders totally misjudged the ball. From that point on it was a long night. that drive was Mitchell's first score, then their defense blocked 2 punts deep around our 20 and scored 2 more times before half. To me that was the game changer. Our QB got banged up on the 2nd play of game and played hurt through the first half. Having said all this do not take that in anyway Im making excuses and Im not taking anything away from Mitchell who I think can play with the best of the SMC and the state. But I do believe our defense could have been more competitive. Good luck to Mitchell in their journey to the 1AA title

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT