ADVERTISEMENT

An Idea For The SMC Season

My son is a sophomore this year at murphy, he came up to me a few minutes ago and told me that the running back here is transferring to IMG Academy in florida, if true do you guys think there will be more to follow, we’ve seen it at Hayesville already losing 4 players transferring over the state line, andrews losing tucker, and swain losing sain, coronavirus is hurting SMC ball this year.
He was contacted by IMG about running track. He's not going.

There was always going to be a gap between Murphy/Robbinsville and the rest of the conference this year but now it's gaping. Andrews and Swain lost their best players and Hayesville has being gutted.

Huge blow as well for what was set to be a very good Andrews basketball team. Hayesville has lost one starter in basketball too and may lose another that would cripple them.

There was always going to be a gap between Murphy/Robbinsville and the rest of the conference this year but now it's gaping. Andrews and Swain lost their best players and Hayesville has being gutted.
Send me an email on who has defected from hayesville

Has Mugharbil made his decision on spring ball yet? Seeing the majority of NC D1 skipping and enrolling early at their college. Thoughts on this?

Mugharbil was interviewed on WLOS yesterday saying he had planned to enroll early originally, but now was going to stay and play his senior year.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Good we dont want to hear about that being the reason we beat yunz.

Ya wasn't Hayesvilles running back that's the coaches son, it was the QB and honestly they may be better off without him.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Losing 4 players for any 1A school is tough. What’s going on in Hayesville SMCTrain? I was hoping Hayesville could build off their 1st winning season in many years. Did big TE leave?

Losing 4 players for any 1A school is tough. What’s going on in Hayesville SMCTrain? I was hoping Hayesville could build off their 1st winning season in many years. Did big TE leave?
The players that moved to Towns aren’t going to make or break us in sports. Honestly the Caldwell kid maybe a better QB than the one that moved. He definitely has a better work ethic and a ton more commitment. Gillis was a blow, but he can’t be happy Towns is still terrible. They struggled with basically a JV team and lost to a team that hadn’t won in almost 2 years. The other two very easily replaced. One didn’t even play because of injury and the other was already gone before all this hit. Big TE is still here and hopefully will stay, but I am positive if he does move it won’t be to Towns. On another note heard Andrews had another one transfer!

Reactions: mbdfan
The players that moved to Towns aren’t going to make or break us in sports. Honestly the Caldwell kid maybe a better QB than the one that moved. He definitely has a better work ethic and a ton more commitment. Gillis was a blow, but he can’t be happy Towns is still terrible. They struggled with basically a JV team and lost to a team that hadn’t won in almost 2 years. The other two very easily replaced. One didn’t even play because of injury and the other was already gone before all this hit. Big TE is still here and hopefully will stay, but I am positive if he does move it won’t be to Towns. On another note heard Andrews had another one transfer!
Where did Andrews transfer go?

Gillis hurts but like you said the the rest should be replaceable. I don't think Gillis will be at Towns next fall, my guess is that he ends up back at Hayesville or he transfers to a more football centric school like Murphy or Union. As for McClure, he is a good athlete but he wasn't a QB, he would've been a WR at most schools. At Hayesville he played QB out of necessity but he wasn't very good there. Same kind of applies to Holloway at Andrews, great athlete but not a natural QB. If Andrews would've had somebody else to effectively play QB I doubt he leaves.

Needless to say Andrews is done in hoops with Holloway and now Ellis leaving, I hate that for Andrews, it would've at the very least been their best hoops team since the early 00's team with Baxter and Creasman that was ranked #1 in the state at one point that season I believe. Towns is going to be pretty loaded in hoops now with Ellis coming in but they have no size, ceiling is limited without a big moving in. Plus chemistry may be a problem for them too.

It would have to be at least a little tempting for McTaggart to go to Towns for a year because Towns is probably a state title contender in hoops with him on the team but his future is in football and it would make zero sense on that front. If I were his parent I let him play out the year at Hayesville and see what kind of offer sheet he has by next summer, if I were unsatisfied with it then strongly consider a transfer to Christ School or Rabun Gap to get back the year of football he missed with injury plus the senior year.

Last edited:
Gillis hurts but like you said the the rest should be replaceable. I don't think Gillis will be at Towns next fall, my guess is that he ends up back at Hayesville or he transfers to a more football centric school like Murphy or Union. As for McClure, he is a good athlete but he wasn't a QB, he would've been a WR at most schools. At Hayesville he played QB out of necessity but he wasn't very good there. Same kind of applies to Holloway at Andrews, great athlete but not a natural QB. If Andrews would've had somebody else to effectively play QB I doubt he leaves.

Needless to say Andrews is done in hoops with Holloway and now Ellis leaving, I hate that for Andrews, it would've at the very least been their best hoops team since the early 00's team with Baxter and Creasman that was ranked #1 in the state at one point that season I believe. Towns is going to be pretty loaded in hoops now with Ellis coming in but they have no size, ceiling is limited without a big moving in. Plus chemistry may be a problem for them too.

It would have to be at least a little tempting for McTaggart to go to Towns for a year because Towns is probably a state title team in hoops with him on the team but his future is in football and it would make zero sense on that front. If I were his parent I let him play out the year at Hayesville and see what kind of offer sheet he has by next summer, if I were unsatisfied with it then strongly consider a transfer to Christ School or Rabun Gap to get back the year of football he missed with injury plus the senior year.
He won’t go to Towns regardless of situation. Once they hit playoffs they are done, all- stars for this area or no. I could see him at Rabun county, but he won’t reclassify. With offers already coming in he will only get more as time rolls on, Hayesville or wherever he is.

Once they hit playoffs they are done, all- stars for this area or not
I don't know, I think they would make it quite far with McTaggart. Probably overzealous for me to say they would be a title contender but I think they could make a real run. The guard play would be very good with Ellis and Moss, Crowder can score on the wing, McClure is a good athletic defender on the wing and McTaggart obviously great in the post. Berrong would be offense off the bench. The shortcoming would be that they would still be short on size, they would need one more talented kid with solid size to be truly legit. But if McTaggart came you might see somebody else in the area transfer in at that point knowing that group had a real shot of doing damage.

Georgia 1A is tough at the top but not near the animal it was post privates. I think they would surprise you with how far they could go.

Last edited:
Reactions: ObserveAndReport
He won’t go to Towns regardless of situation. Once they hit playoffs they are done, all- stars for this area or no. I could see him at Rabun county, but he won’t reclassify. With offers already coming in he will only get more as time rolls on, Hayesville or wherever he is.

It’s a little different now than back in the day when you’d run into Atlanta private schools with people like Dwight Howard on them when 1A playoffs hit. They could probably win a few games in the public bracket if they can find enough shots to go around.

Last edited:
It’s a little different now than back in the day when you’d run into Atlanta private schools with people like Dwight Howard on them when 1A playoffs hit. They could probably win a few games in the public bracket if they can find enough shots to go around.
They were pretty good last year and lost by 20 in the 1st round. They may win 1st round maybe 2nd, but no way they make it to title game. I am pretty sure Mctaggert is staying put.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
I don't know, I think they would make it quite far with McTaggart. Probably overzealous for me to say they would be a title contender but I think they could make a real run. The guard play would be very good with Ellis and Moss, Crowder can score on the wing, McClure is a good athletic defender on the wing and McTaggart obviously great in the post. Berrong would be offense off the bench. The shortcoming would be that they would still be short on size, they would need one more talented kid with solid size to be truly legit. But if McTaggart came you might see somebody else in the area transfer in at that point knowing that group had a real shot of doing damage.

Georgia 1A is tough at the top but not near the animal it was post privates. I think they would surprise you with how far they could go.
Towns athletics is not like anything you have ever seen! They don’t play the best they play who parents want them to. McClure touched the ball twice against Armuchee, the second one was a 75 TD That got called back. The next game he saw 2 plays on offense. Bethlehem was killing them with the blitz and just all of a sudden stopped. That is why the run game started clicking.

Towns athletics is not like anything you have ever seen! They don’t play the best they play who parents want them to. McClure touched the ball twice against Armuchee, the second one was a 75 TD That got called back. The next game he saw 2 plays on offense. Bethlehem was killing them with the blitz and just all of a sudden stopped. That is why the run game started clicking.
You think any of those Hayesville boys are regretting that move yet? Lol

You think any of those Hayesville boys are regretting that move yet? Lol
No because a couple of them still think they will be the heroes that help Towns win! One didn’t have a choice to go but to go there. The other one was made by their dad. But Gillis isn’t being utilized much he isn’t getting too many carries just mainly plays defense.

Announcement was worded oddly, like Towns is just a short stop.
He probably wants one last shot at a basketball title before he dives all in on football. Train doesn't think he's going to reclass but I disagree, especially after he waited midseason to do this. He will probably head to Christ School or Rabun Gap next year (Christ School makes more sense with their TE graduating) and reclass.

Last edited:
He probably wants one last shot at a basketball title before he dives all in on football. Train doesn't think he's going to reclass but I disagree, especially after he waited midseason to do this. He will probably head to Christ School or Rabun Gap next year (Christ School makes more sense with their TE graduating) and reclass.

Seeing some predictions for Yousef going to the Gators.

They offered and were in his Final 7. Guess Florida is pretty much the in state school for Murphy at this point.

I was just wondering how much the TN coaches tried to stay in touch with him. These big schools offer these kids but if they really want you they call you and text you a lot .

I was just wondering how much the TN coaches tried to stay in touch with him. These big schools offer these kids but if they really want you they call you and text you a lot .

Not sure, but they were a finalist I imagine they were showing real interest, considering how many options he had. I think State fans are probably most disappointed, though.

Not sure, but they were a finalist I imagine they were showing real interest, considering how many options he had. I think State fans are probably most disappointed, though.

I was hoping after TN didn’t get Mims they might go after him hard or be in contact more.

There’s not going to be a season
I still hold out hope on football, trying to be positive. It will be outside and warmer temperatures in spring, so maybe Cooper will allow Que and NCHSAA to stick to the plan. Basketball won't happen in NC this season, I see no way Cooper, or in turn Que, are going to go for it.

As for Murphy, sad set of events that took place, will wait for the dust to clear but it doesnt look good at all right now. If there is a season, based on what I anticipate to happen, Robbinsville's chance of a repeat conference title just got a massive boost.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT