Linkman

Jun 14, 2009
The ALWS begins today. Today's schedule

10:000 Delaware vs Iowa
1:00 Louisiana vs Massachusetts
4:00 North Carolina (Randolph County) vs Michigan
7:30 Nevada vs Idaho

The games today will be on ESPN3
KTC Broadcasting will have radio broadcasts for all 15 games of the ALWS.

Thursday Results
Delaware 3 Iowa 0
Louisiana 1 Massachusetts 0
Michigan 7 North Carolina 2
Nevada 10 Idaho 0

Friday's Schedule
4:00 Delaware vs Louisiana
7:30 Iowa vs Massachusetts

Nevada looked dominate! Did some research on their team, surprised to find they don't have 1 graduate player from 2017. Draw from 4 high schools in vegas. Cal Commit on their team Aaron Roberts hits 94 on the gun. Jason Sharman OF going to UNLV. Also have a Juco commit from what I can find. They have 4-5 arms at 85 plus.

Saturday's Schedule
1:00 Michigan vs Nevada
4:00 Idaho vs North Carolina
7:30 Louisiana vs Iowa

Linkman Louisiana is basically locked in to advance after starting 2-0 right?

Yes, I would say so since they are 2-0 with all 3 of the other teams in their pool having lost one game and they own the head to head tie breaker over Massachusetts and Delaware.

Louisiana wins with pitching and defense. They only allowed 9 runs in 6 games in the Mid South Regional and have given up a total of 4 runs in two games at the ALWS.

Last edited:
Saturday's Results
Michigan 3 Nevada 2
Idaho vs North Carolina - game suspended with Idaho leading 5-3 in bottom of 6th
Louisiana vs Iowa - ppd due to rain

Sunday's Complete Schedule

Finish of Saturday's scheduled games

10:00AM: Suspended game resumes - Idaho leading NC 5-3 in 6th inning
Louisiana vs Iowa: Approximately 30 mins after completion of Idaho/NC game

The rest of Sunday's Schedule

1:00 Massachusetts vs Delaware
4:00 Michigan vs Idaho
7:30 NC vs Nevada

Last edited:
Reactions: thekidd12
Asheboro lost 6-4 this morning in finish of suspended game....
Play again tonight at approximately 8 pm in last pool play game

Sunday's Results:
Idaho 6 NC 4 (finish of suspended game)
Louisiana 3 Iowa 2
Delaware 4 Massachusetts 3
Michigan 5 Idaho 2
NC vs Nevada (in progress...8-6 NC leading after 4 1/2 innings).

Iowa wins the Stripes pool with a 3-0 record. Delaware finishes 2nd with a 2-1 record.

Michigan wins the Stars pool with a 3-0 record.
Nevada is in position to get the 2nd spot and advance as the 2nd team in the Stars pool going into the game with Randolph tonight. If they lose to NC it would result in 3 teams tied with 1-2 records (Nevada, NC, Idaho) but Nevada has only allowed 3 runs in he first two games so they are in great shape to win the tie breaker.

Update:
Final Score: NC 10 Nevada 6
Nevada advances to the semi-finals as the result of winning the tie breaker.

Last edited:
Monday's Semi-finals schedule

4:00 Michigan vs Delaware

7:30 Iowa vs Nevada

Last edited:
Something needs to change. I don't like having 3 teams 1-2. Then having it as tie breaker.
I agree that it doesn't seem right to have a 1-2 team make it to the semi-finals. But I don't think anything will change. Pool play is here to stay in the ALWS and with 8 teams divided into two equal pools there has to be a tie breaker criteria.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
not right , Randolph co and las vegas are 1.-2 Randolph beat las vegas head to head but las vegas is still playing,

Idaho, NC, and Vegas are all 1-2 which means they go to runs allowed where Vegas allowed the fewest runs and why they are playing at 7pm tonight

Monday's Semi-final Results

Delaware 5 Michigan 4 (10 innings)

Nevada 6 Louisiana 1

In both games a pitcher carried a no hitter into the 7th inning. In the first game Delaware's Jack Dubecq had a perfect game and a 4-0 lead going to the bottom of the 7th. He walked the first guy up, got the next guy out, then gave up hits to the next two hitters and then lost his control and began walking everybody, eventually giving up 4 runs to allow Michigan to tie the game.

In the 2nd game Nevada's Jimmy Gamboa had a no hitter for 6 and 2/3 innings and still had his no hitter after walking the bases loaded. However, he then gave up a hit losing both his no hitter and shut out.

Why not just get rid of the off day for each team and do a single elimination tourney starting Sunday? Are we afraid some teams may have to play 6 straight days in a row?

Linkman has Aaron Roberts thrown for the Nevada team yet? If so how did he do? Is he eligble tomorrow?

Why not just get rid of the off day for each team and do a single elimination tourney starting Sunday? Are we afraid some teams may have to play 6 straight days in a row?

Linkman has Aaron Roberts thrown for the Nevada team yet? If so how did he do? Is he eligble tomorrow?
Roberts pitched to one batter in game 2 and struck him out in Nevada's 3-2 loss to Michigan.

In tonight's championship game he was the losing pitcher. He came in to pitch the bottom of the 8th after SP Sharman maxed on the pitch count after 7 innings. Roberts walked the lead off hitter, the next batter had a sacrifice bunt to more the runner to 2nd. The third batter delivered a single up the middle to drive in the walk off winning run.

Last edited:
I have a couple issues/improvements that in my opinon need to be changed!

1. I know this is sorta of a new deal with ESPN but they can't put us on ESPN2 for the championship game? Ton's of households don't get ESPNU. Can't just put it on ESPN for 1 night? Have they ever released the viewership ratings for the championship games?

2. I thought they give all the teams jerseys? I looked it up and South Carolina wore jerseys that said American Legion world series in Orange! Again I know teams are on a budge but the Delaware jerseys looked terrible! We can't get a sponsor to give us free jerseys and hats?

This is our main event with the opportunity to have the most viewership to grow American Legion Baseball. Just find it odd we can't provide jerseys and hats!

I may be wrong but I believe National mandates the State tournament games are 7 innings.
not required to have but 2 teams in state tournament. if there are only 2 teams in state tournament it could be a series, not just one game

not required to have but 2 teams in state tournament. if there are only 2 teams in state tournament it could be a series, not just one game

I agree with the number of teams. But I think you can't play 9 innings for that game! I think it has to be 7 at the "State Tournament"

The 2018 ALWS resulted in a very positive financial impact for Shelby....estimated to be approximately $15 million to the local economy.

Coaches and parents of players from Iowa, Michigan, and Massachusetts teams spoke very complimentary of the Southern hospitality they experienced while here.

The ALWS event in Shelby was again a huge success. A big thank you to all involved.

The 2018 ALWS resulted in a very positive financial impact for Shelby....estimated to be approximately $15 million to the local economy.

Coaches and parents of players from Iowa, Michigan, and Massachusetts teams spoke very complimentary of the Southern hospitality they experienced while here.

The ALWS event in Shelby was again a huge success. A big thank you to all involved.

Linkman, any idea if the world series committee/ALB plan on building or doing any improvements at keeter stadium? Think it would be cool if ALB partnered with Clevland County Community College or Gardner Webb plus the city to build dorms on the High School site. Sure it would cost 5 around 5 million.

Anyone know how much ESPN is giving the legion to broadcast?

Linkman, any idea if the world series committee/ALB plan on building or doing any improvements at keeter stadium? Think it would be cool if ALB partnered with Clevland County Community College or Gardner Webb plus the city to build dorms on the High School site. Sure it would cost 5 around 5 million.

Anyone know how much ESPN is giving the legion to broadcast?

I did here they are going to expand the covering on down first and third base lines. I would love to see a minor league team take up residence there. How about a rookie league or A level team for the Braves. Enjoyed watching Lenny Dykstra for the old Shelby Mets.

I did here they are going to expand the covering on down first and third base lines. I would love to see a minor league team take up residence there. How about a rookie league or A level team for the Braves. Enjoyed watching Lenny Dykstra for the old Shelby Mets.

Like the idea but that would basically be pushing the High school and legion teams out during the spring and summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT