ADVERTISEMENT

Alleghany Football

bareman

Jun 23, 2001
Just wondering how it's going in getting a new HC? I guess the assistants are running Spring drills?

Do you have any background on Noah?

I wondered the same myself so I did some looking. I recognize his name from somewhere but i couldn't place where.

I ended up finding some Alleghany basketball games on You Tube from early 1992 and he was a player on that roster so if I had to guess he played for them under Tom Smith back in the Blue Ridge days. That's all I've found so far.

Last edited:
Hey Deana; do you know if Alleghany's going to do a press release to any of the newspapers about the hire?

I would say this is a great hire! Noah is a "Sparta Boy", he did play for Tom Smith back when Alleghany was always a hard nosed team. He has been an assistant for many quality programs including AL Brown and Richmond County. You may have heard of his uncle, Dan Brooks. I believe he has coached at a couple of decent football schools as well. I think it's safe to say that coaching football runs in his family. Alleghany may not be in a good run of athletes right now but just a couple of years ago they were in the 4th round of the playoffs so there has to be some potential for success. No idea but my guess is Noah decided he wanted to go back home to settle down and this seemed like the perfect time to do it. He is a class guy and a great football coach. I wish him and Alleghany the best of luck.

I don't care what the win lost record is on the field they got a winner in coach Lyon.

On offence i have no idea what he will run. On defence from what i have seen over the years it will depend on the personnel of the team. He may blitz alot or he may not. Last year with the players he had he blitzed alot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slasher Killer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT