ADVERTISEMENT

All That Talent Gone To Waste

Status
Not open for further replies.
and Y'all with have an Air Raid to deal with, better get in your fox hole and cover up
Your contradicting yourself son your soooooo into saying "this year is different" yadadada and have Vance on ur radar and jus cant wait to rebut whatever I say but totally not worried or saying anything about Richmond. Buddy this is a different Richmond team. "This ain't last yr" as u well use against me..well this ain't the same Richmond as last yr and if u look past them they're going 2 take it to you Southpark ponys.

Scrolling on by works both ways. You were a heavy participant and seem to be the common denominator in a few threads when it comes to taking shots. Never said you started it and never agreed it should have been. I simply respect MC for what they have done and mainly going to SC and taking on some heavyweights. This whole topic could have waited as I think the timing was off...not even two days have passed. Otherwise, we have a game to focus on. Great year MC.
In thinking on it, you're correct on the timing. My bad on that one.

Reactions: Raider7967
Nope....not anymore. You didnt start it but as usual you chimed in. Not scrolling by. I cant because now I am your troll. I get to comment on EVERYTHING!! :)
Wrigley, I'm honored. I have a fan. It's just like you said, the fact people are taking shots shows the success of the program. So, the fact you want to be my personal troll...thank you for the compliment. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

Last edited:
Wrigley, I'm honored. I have a fan. It's just like you said, the fact people are taking shots shows the success of the program. So, the fact you want to be my personal troll...thank you for the compliment. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

Shrug your shoulders but a pattern has been established. Good regular season picker but not so much in the playoffs. This needs to be addressed!!

Shrug your shoulders but a pattern has been established. Good regular season picker but not so much in the playoffs. This needs to be addressed!!
Hey Wrigley, would you like to meet somewhere, have a meal together and talk football?

Your contradicting yourself son your soooooo into saying "this year is different" yadadada and have Vance on ur radar and jus cant wait to rebut whatever I say but totally not worried or saying anything about Richmond. Buddy this is a different Richmond team. "This ain't last yr" as u well use against me..well this ain't the same Richmond as last yr and if u look past them they're going 2 take it to you Southpark ponys.
you contradict yourself all the time, you're a walking contradiction!
btw it's "you're" and not "your"! glad to be of service to help with your education!

you contradict yourself all the time, you're a walking contradiction!
btw it's "you're" and not "your"! glad to be of service to help with your education!
What have I said to contradict myself then? And btw why do u love MP so much? I'm a Vance fan because my kid was a 3 yr starter there..was an all conference/state player and now a Div 1 athlete on a very popular team. Plus I've coached n mentored other D1 athletes that went there. The MC posters on here coached n mentored a bunch of Creek kids that's playing NFL and major D1 players. A lot of the Scot/ Richmond cty poster graduated n played there. So who are u to MP?? Truthfully I've only seen u in the last cpl yrs since they got Maye and a few others....soooooooo I'm thinking ur in the same boat as ur girlfriend S2V2....u bandwagon??

Last edited:
The issue with mallard creek and I highlighted it about 5 years ago in comparing them with other marquee programs in the state, is that there isn’t as much connectivity in that program as there is elsewhere at say a place like Reidsville, Shelby, etc. Kids grow up in those communities and know they will eventually play at the high school. There’s connectivity from the youth programs all the way to high school. At mallard creek, they get an influx of kids most years with little to no connectivity to the program other than they are going to play for mallard
Creek Bc they are good. Not to say you can’t win a ton and have success because they absolutely have with all that talent, but the culture of winning at the state title level is not sustainable long term (decades) like some others are and in my opinion It Ties back to that lack of connectivity of the program.

again, there’s different ways to win and be successful but I think the lack of continuity/culture at MC is their down fall most years. It’s certainly not their talent. Candidly, it’s kind of ridiculous that they haven’t won more state titles with that talent.

Reactions: 1955Wildcat
You try to give MP grief for saying that was last year and this is a different team yet you use the same thing talking about last years MP RC game and this years upcoming battle.
Where is your boy Nepsy anyway? Seems you've lost most of your MC/Vance love fest crew! His team loses out and he goes away to hide just like you probably will. One thing you can count on is I won't hide ever!
As for who I am to MP lets just say I have friends with kids on the team. I've coached basketball for many years and had a son who played on a Final Four team in VA.
I don't ride in boats and I don't know who this S2V2 is that you're so enamored with!
Not no damn basketball in VA, I've been here since 2015-16 and win or lose ive came back on here and gave the other team kudos, Page in 2016, Harding 2017, Wake 2018. Even MC and Hough this yr...I've came back on here and said they were the best team, check the track record. Son ur dodging/ deflecting...what's ur ties to MP? Do u live in the area?? Know where the school is located?? And as far as this yr...RICHMOND CTY IS THE BEST TEAM IN NC and they want MP....ur bandwagon team!! That's 2019 not last yr!! Again why are u bandwagoning/ cheering for Myers Park again??

This has been an interesting discussion.
Perhaps it could help to have a larger and longer perspective on it.
The ultimate goal of every high school football team is to win the State Championship.
Other goals include making the playoffs, winning playoff games, winning Conference Titles, County Titles, and defeating the team’s biggest rival.
And sometimes, just having a winning record.
Each coaching staff has the task of determining what goals may or may not not be realistic every year and what could or should happen by understanding their team’s limitations and the competition.
The players, of course, expect to win every game.....as it should be.
Some high school “programs” establish themselves over the years as perennial Title contenders. College programs do as well.
But the expectations of some fans of those programs are such that anything short of every year’s State Championship is a failure.
Our culture and media feed that unrealistic and unfair expectation. A lot of good is lost in the process.
The real dilemma comes when a team that is correctly observed to have what it takes to win it all, falls short. Then the finger pointing begins. A lot of good is lost in the process there, also.

The tendency is to look way short term. Last few years. What have you done lately?
Some choose to not even consider the last 10 years in assessing sustained success. Sad.
When Indy went on its streak of 7 straight Titles, the deluge was that Indy was the greatest “program” in NC history. History itself has put that one in perspective.
Effectively one head coach and one historic run.
A lot to be proud of, for sure.
But for how many years since has the Indy “program” been judged by that standard?
Will they ever approach that exceptional level again?
Indy made some noise this year. Made the playoffs.
There is a lot there to celebrate. Is it celebrated?
Or still in the shadow of The Streak?

So now Butler and Mallard Creek, with their recent past great success stories, are turning into Indy’s and Richmond County’s.
Supposed to keep winning it all...but don’t. Or can’t.
So there is disappointment. And finger pointing.
And a misplaced feeling that state dominance and a superior attitude are to be celebrated and are righteous pursuits in and of themselves. You miss stuff. And you take things for granted.
It doesn’t work that way.
Time will teach you that.

You wait.
And patiently work toward your resurgence.
Make some championship runs every decade or so.
Understand that some teams will underachieve.
Others will surprise.
It does take a village to build and “sustain” excellence over the years and yes, decades.
School admin and support, teachers, coaches, parents, community.
And of course Jimmys and Joes.

Don’t fall into the trap that it’s “State Title or Bust”.
It is high school football. They are kids.
They need to grow from the experience, the discipline, the friendships, and the fun.
Those are worthwhile goals.
There is a lot of good there. Celebrate.
And keep it fun for all.
Sustained success should follow.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Not no damn basketball in VA, I've been here since 2015-16 and win or lose ive came back on here and gave the other team kudos, Page in 2016, Harding 2017, Wake 2018. Even MC and Hough this yr...I've came back on here and said they were the best team, check the track record. Son ur dodging/ deflecting...what's ur ties to MP? Do u live in the area?? Know where the school is located?? And as far as this yr...RICHMOND CTY IS THE BEST TEAM IN NC and they want MP....ur bandwagon team!! That's 2019 not last yr!! Again why are u bandwagoning/ cheering for Myers Park again??
I don't dodge nor deflect anything. I have ties to MP and thats all you need to know. As far as MC being the best team this year, we'll see come friday night. If they win then I'll give them props! I'm not bandwagoning if that's even a word lol. I have connections at MP and thats all you need to know. Last time I checked it was still a free country and I can choose who I pull for.

And Mallard Creek is Mallard Creek, they're a great team, a I meck fore and personally I KNOW A LOT OF PAST PLAYERS AND PLAYERS PARENTS so theres ties and respect that comes with that, and u probably dont live in Charlotte so if u do u would know we share the same school boundaries. Hell I know a cpl neighborhoods where one side of the street goes to MC and the other side goes to Vance, so theres a lot goes with that which u dont understand. We've had a lot of battles so if u were a true fan of a team u would understand that.

And Mallard Creek is Mallard Creek, they're a great team, a I meck fore and personally I KNOW A LOT OF PAST PLAYERS AND PLAYERS PARENTS so theres ties and respect that comes with that, and u probably dont live in Charlotte so if u do u would know we share the same school boundaries. Hell I know a cpl neighborhoods where one side of the street goes to MC and the other side goes to Vance, so theres a lot goes with that which u dont understand. We've had a lot of battles so if u were a true fan of a team u would understand that.
I know plenty of schools that share the same boundaries with different sides of the street going to different schools. It's not unique to MC/V and no I'm not from Charlotte, didn't grow up there. So what? Who died and made you the person who gets to decide whether I am a true fan of a team? Your arrogance is top shelf!

I don't dodge nor deflect anything. I have ties to MP and thats all you need to know. As far as MC being the best team this year, we'll see come friday night. If they win then I'll give them props! I'm not bandwagoning if that's even a word lol. I have connections at MP and thats all you need to know. Last time I checked it was still a free country and I can choose who I pull for.
U can choose who u want ur right and I can call u on ur bullshit and come back 2 u when u constantly respond to whatever posts I put. I talk to CPC...u posts..i talk 2 RC fans ur rebut...I talk about MP..u respond. So like u said it's a free country I talk back. So I'll post facts...WE HAVE BEAT MYERS PARKS ASS IN 2016, 2018...THATS FACTS. MYERS PARK BEAT RICHMOND LAST YR...U CONSTANTLY TALK ABOUT WHEN PARK PLAYS VANCE BUT TOTALLY IGNORE THAT UR PLAYING THE NO.1 TEAM IN THE STATE THIS WEEK!! I SAY DONT IGNORE RICHMOND!! Richmond was a good team last yr but I told them that defense was suspect because letting a team put up 50+ points didnt look good and it came back 2 bite them vs Myers Park. This yr they didnt cave and pretty much beat everybody's ass. Conversely MP played great and beat every team by double digits but they didnt play anybody or had any situations to where they had to fight and win a close 1 and they may bite them late! West played great but jus like Richmond last yr that defense is suspect n may bite them hopefully it's this week. And us we have a new offense n coaching staff n most of the yr our defense carried us and it came 2 a head vs Hough. I'm hoping were that team to "get hot" but we will see this Friday.

I know plenty of schools that share the same boundaries with different sides of the street going to different schools. It's not unique to MC/V and no I'm not from Charlotte, didn't grow up there. So what? Who died and made you the person who gets to decide whether I am a true fan of a team? Your arrogance is top shelf!
It's called calling u out, if u dont like it, u will b aite! And I DO live in Charlotte!! And will go to practice this week and help out....who sounds more like a fanboy me or u??

The issue with mallard creek and I highlighted it about 5 years ago in comparing them with other marquee programs in the state, is that there isn’t as much connectivity in that program as there is elsewhere at say a place like Reidsville, Shelby, etc. Kids grow up in those communities and know they will eventually play at the high school. There’s connectivity from the youth programs all the way to high school. At mallard creek, they get an influx of kids most years with little to no connectivity to the program other than they are going to play for mallard
Creek Bc they are good. Not to say you can’t win a ton and have success because they absolutely have with all that talent, but the culture of winning at the state title level is not sustainable long term (decades) like some others are and in my opinion It Ties back to that lack of connectivity of the program.

again, there’s different ways to win and be successful but I think the lack of continuity/culture at MC is their down fall most years. It’s certainly not their talent. Candidly, it’s kind of ridiculous that they haven’t won more state titles with that talent.
That would be false! Currently has numerous kids from 3 elementary schools that the program does reading programs with. The players do pep rallies at one of the top middle school program Ridge road middle school & youth programs that can’t wait to play for the program. Along with NFL & CFL guys plus a who’s who of over 60+ players who are currently on college rosters today. The sidelines are loaded with over 30 kids who are either in college or on their by week or graduated & played college ball every game. People forget the school only opened in 2007 and you’re comparing them to schools that have been opened for almost 100 years. You’re on the outside looking in. You just made numerous false statements. Very difficult to compare a county school & city school connectivity as you call it, when the school has over 6 schools within a 20 mile radius from it.

Last edited:
Agree with you regarding county schools vs city schools. Much harder to establish that sense of community with more schools in a close radius. That being said, I lived in North Charlotte for many years. In laws still live there and college roommate/best friend lives there. Been to many Vance and MC games over the last 10+ years. I stand by the fact that there’s not as much connectivity in that community as there is in some of the other elite schools across the state. There’s certainly valid reasons for it to be “different” but also alarming that MC folks continue to pretend that kids don’t move in district to play for them. Good news for MC is they get talent, bad news is that there’s not as much camaraderie Bc a good amount of the kids aren’t home grown. I think it lends itself to an incredibly talented football team but they struggle in playing a selfless brand of football. Coach P has referenced that numerous times through the years that with all that talent they have to find a way to be selfless and put team goals first. Again not saying MC is doing it wrong but I can’t pin point any other big reason why they don’t win more state titles than they do with all that talent. Only other rational reason would be coaching but I think P is a good leader. Not impressed by some of the offensive play calling but overall a well run program. Have other programs improved in the area? Sure they have. But even in MC losses, you kind of look at them like how could you possibly screw that up with this much talent? Again, just an observation.

Last edited:
If you live in Richmond County there is one show in town and every kid wants to be a Raider.

In an urban area the lines get crossed a lot and things change more. Just the way it is.

Agree with you regarding county schools vs city schools. Much harder to establish that sense of community with more schools in a close radius. That being said, I lived in North Charlotte for many years. In laws still live there and college roommate/best friend lives there. Been to many Vance and MC games over the last 10+ years. I stand by the fact that there’s not as much connectivity in that community as there is in some of the other elite schools across the state. There’s certainly valid reasons for it to be “different” but also alarming that MC folks continue to pretend that kids don’t move in district to play for them. Good news for MC is they get talent, bad news is that there’s not as much camaraderie Bc a good amount of the kids aren’t home grown. I think it lends itself to an incredibly talented football team but they struggle in playing a selfless brand of football. Coach P has referenced that numerous times through the years that with all that talent they have to find a way to be selfless and put team goals first. Again not saying MC is doing it wrong but I can’t pin point any other big reason why they don’t win more state titles than they do with all that talent. Only other rational reason would be coaching but I think P is a good leader. Not impressed by some of the offensive play calling but overall a well run program. Have other programs improved in the area? Sure they have. But even in MC losses, you kind of look at them like how could you possibly screw that up with this much talent? Again, just an observation.

The problem with the lack of continuity theory is that the teams that have beaten them the last two years have as many or more transfers so that is a tough argument to make.

I have never heard Palmieri reference selfless play as a problem.

Again, everyone is looking for some magical theory but the reality is this. Vance 4aa final last year and lost in the last second. They returned just about everyone on defense and are REAL GOOD on that side of the ball.

That's why MC lost....go look at the Vance roster. They are stacked on defense

Myers Park has a ton of transfers and rolled the Richmond team with all the continuity at their crib last year. I believe the same thing happens this year.

There is a reason why Meck teams have dominated the past 15-20 years. Talent has trumped continuity.

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
The problem with the lack of continuity theory is that the teams that have beaten them the last two years have as many or more transfers so that is a tough argument to make.

I have never heard Palmieri reference selfless play as a problem.

Again, everyone is looking for some magical theory but the reality is this. Vance 4aa final last year and lost in the last second. They returned just about everyone on defense and are REAL GOOD on that side of the ball.

That's why MC lost....go look at the Vance roster. They are stacked on defense

Myers Park has a ton of transfers and rolled the Richmond team with all the continuity at their crib last year. I believe the same thing happens this year.

There is a reason why Meck teams have dominated the past 15-20 years. Talent has trumped continuity.

I don’t disagree and you actually helped proved my point. Talent alone, Charlotte schools will always be plentiful. That being said, because there’s not a lot of continuity in these programs, it’s hard for them to sustain elite level success to match their talent level. It was once Indy, then it was MC, Butler was pooling some talent some years back. Myers Park is riding the transfer wave after being trash for so long. They will also hit a patch where there will be another “it” school in Meck county.

. There’s certainly valid reasons for it to be “different” but also alarming that MC folks continue to pretend that kids don’t move in district to play for them

Where are you getting your information from? Of course MC is aware that kids especially middle schooler's are relocating to play for the program. The part you're leaving out is the numerous kids that leave MC, because they don't feel they'll get on the field. That would be another false statement when you say the mass majority are not home grown. 90% of the kids have been with the program since 9th grade. Who & where are you getting this information from? .

This about to get shut down lol. I never understood why a grown man gets so upset because someone said something about a family member that the other person have no info about.
Oh I know hes trolling me...hes definitely in his feelings tho lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT