ADVERTISEMENT

All That Talent Gone To Waste

Status
Not open for further replies.
II will not anoint Myers Park the new top team in Charlotte until they make it to the title game. This could be the year.

Vance also lost to Hough and had super tight games with Mooresville and Lake Norman. Hard time putting them in the top slot.

Mallard Creek was the most complete, talented, physically impressive team I watched play this year. No question. Would not call that falling off.
Man u have have that powerhouse label...its the postseason that drives me...I dont care if we had 5-6 losses as long as we get hot and make it count in the playoffs is all that matter to me!

Reactions: btango
Ok I seen enough of this insanity so I will join. I don't know Palmeri from a fence post but here is what I do know. Sometimes it harder to win when you have uber talented players because no matter how much you tell them that the opponent is good they just have that air of arrogance or confidence that they can't be beat. Now to the crux of this topic - go kick rocks, pound sand, scratch gravel or whatever you want to do but talking about a team that is one of the premier programs in the Carolinas as a failure is BS. There are folks on this site that just like being Ass Clowns and saying stuff just to be a troll as some have said. When I last checked Vance wasn't the sisters of the poor so again there is zero shame in loosing to that team. Football is about match-ups and MC is the right match-up for Vance. The qb while good is not some freak athlete like Hood so they are not concerned about a dual threat player that can kill them two-ways. Secondly the first game was much like the first so is it really that surprising that Vance won - if you know anything about football it shouldn't surprise anyone? Lastly, MC suffers from more self-inflicted wounds than any team I know other than SC. There are folks that bash SC and Bailey for making it but never being the bride and you know what most of those folks have never won a damn thing in their life from an athletic perspective. I was at Duke when all the talk was K couldn't win the big one now he was 5. Hell the great Dean Smith won 2 and had more talent than anyone. Sometimes mental toughness, luck and shit happens wins out. Calling for coaches jobs go get a damn life. As Much as I disagree with Bailey's play calling the guy is a good man from all accounts and has kept SC very relevant in HS football and I think he has earned the right to pick when its time to go and so has Coach P unless they do somethings stupid! Everyone can't be a champion but anyone can be a Douche Bag and some of you all have that in spades. Wasted talent my ass Big Boy Jordan Davis never won a ship if I'm not mistaken and last night he was doing work on National TV and his ass will be playing on Sunday barring something catastrophic, so will Trent Simpson, others will get full rides to college and Douche Bags will still be Douche Bags!

Mallard Creek lost Friday night for two simple reasons, penalties and a lack of offense. Vance was one of the few teams that MC played this year that had a defense that could match Creeks speed. What I completely don't understand was MC reluctance to just line up and run the ball down Vance's throat. MC line is huge! They have 3 capable RB's! When MC got the ball back on Vance's 40yd line with 7 minutes left up 7-6 it was time to run the ball. Vance had owned the air raid for 3 quarters! MC never went to the 2 back set that Vance couldn't stop in the 1st game! Trenton Simpson got 1 carry the entire night and in the 1st half. The most physical back at MC, Robinson, only had two carries all night! This game was lost by a coaching staff that couldn't see the forest for the trees.

If you look at the season as a whole you will see that MC really had no identity on offense. They worked on the air raid all season but it was sporadic at best. You tell me what was MC's "bread & butter"? The one thing they did exceptionally well? They dominated inadequate foes.

The Dutch Fork game had a great game plan with the air raid mixed with the power running game. If MC had built on that all season they would still be playing! Know your strengths! You had an exceptional running back stable. You had a solid receiver core but the top receiver was injured, the 2nd best receiver was out for the season, there was never a big jump ball threat on the outside.

Coaches who scheme to the strength of their team win championships!

Absolutely!!! Look at all the years we have been knocked out early. There are some good posters on here that I respect that will talk good football. Couple from Charlotte. We need to be concerned with our own here unless it’s good football talk. Stay classy, Richmond County:)

Now to contradict myself a little, but for the right reasons....

Mr. Honda...you say you have no skin in the game. Yet, you continually take little pot shots at teams. When someone comes back at you, you say quite regularly you are taking your toys and going home. These kids just freakin lost last Friday and the classy thing to do, since you don’’t have any affiliation with any team, would be to not care as you say you do. IF it truly is a concerning topic to you, maybe think about timing. Maybe a little later it might go over better. Those kids work hard too.
Remember...look at who started this thread. It wasn’t me. I’m not going anywhere. If you don’t like what I post, then you have the right to scroll on by.

Let me be clear about how I feel about MC's coaching staff. I love every single one of those coaches and I would want my child to play for them again next season! Coach P leads with class and every coach on that team tries to do a tremendous job.
The air raid was somewhat of the right step but you just have to find a comfortable balance. I believe every coach and player will learn something from this season as the emotions settle down and they can reflect.
Go Mavericks!!!!!

I’ve stated what my prediction record was each week. Share exactly when I said how great I am. You can’t. If you’re happy with outstanding regular season success (which they’ve had plenty of), then go for it and enjoy it. You’re season is over. Move on.

No, no,no......thats now how this works and you know it. As I troll I dont have to have my own picks. I can just comment on yours right?? A troll's season is never OVER....like you I dont have a team now. I can just take shots.

Here is my thought-

You are a good regular season picker of games but not so much in the playoffs based on this week and last. If Mallard Creek loses 13 games in 10 years how can you miss on 4 games in one week?? This HAS TO BE LOOKED AT!! YOU ARE UNDERACHIEVING!!!

If your happy with just being good in the regular season at picking games then go for it......

This is fun.....I am looking forward to being your troll.

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
Remember...look at who started this thread. It wasn’t me. I’m not going anywhere. If you don’t like what I post, then you have the right to scroll on by.

Nope....not anymore. You didnt start it but as usual you chimed in. Not scrolling by. I cant because now I am your troll. I get to comment on EVERYTHING!! :)

This MC team was complete and it was state title or bust 2019. O, D, and specialties were stacked. They were the team that could match the strenghts of any other squad in the state. Although last year's QB was not equal to the 2019 edition I thought 2018 had what they needed to win a state title but not as solid as this year. I told people I would take MC against the field this season. It was as confident about a team winning a state title I had felt since 2012 Butler and before that 2004 Indy.

2018 and 2019 were disappoints. No question. Explanations for other seasons. Still young program in 2009. Marquis injury in 2010. Page caught ligthning in a bottle in 2011. Butler was loaded in 2012.

Three titles in a row 2013-2015! 2015 was touch and go in numerous games including two losses to teams that shoud not have beat them. There will be some bumps along the way and a loss does not define a season when there is a recovery.

2016 was a super impressive physical team but there were non football issues that made me realize early it would be a tough road to a state title. Thought 2017 did well and played even until late in the game against a loaded Wake Forest D.

For people that are close to the program what should be the focus and what changes need to be made or should it continue business as usual? It is hard to point fingers at an 11-1 team but I am sure Coach Palmeiri is looking at all aspects of the program.

I dont think any changes need to be made. They had a bad night against a very good team. Look at the Vance games for the past 4 years....they have all been just like this one. One play either way and it changes the outcome. MC has been fortunate to come out on top in most of them. Friday night......didnt happen. If I could wave my magic wand the biggest thing would post whistle flags. That has been really the biggest issue.

People look at MC and speak to the talent which is year in year out probably the best in the state. Take a good look at their last 3 playoff losses. Some pretty talented teams. Echols, Thompson, SIngs, Sutton and several DB's are D1 kids. Echols probably the best LB in the country next year. Hough 2018....Pryor, Nealy, Fields, Frazier, The QB, Monroe the big kid that went to Wisconsin. Myers Park might have the best passing and catching combo in the country. The talent in Meck County has consolidated.

Reactions: btango
For people that are close to the program what should be the focus and what changes need to be made or should it continue business as usual? It is hard to point fingers at an 11-1 team but I am sure Coach Palmeiri is looking at all aspects of the program.

Congrats MC now you know what it is like to be in Richmonds shoes. Where 12-1, 13-2, are not good enough and you are considered underachievers, failures and to quote some people on here "irrelevant". At least the shots are coming from all outsiders and not some in your own fan base. Keep this up and you will get there you too can enjoy the doubt and questioning of your own fans and others all over the state.

Seriously, MC loss or losses does nothing more than highlight the fact that the game is played by 15,16, and 17 year old kids and that it is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to win a state championship. Knotts greatest achievement in coaching was not x's and o's but his ability to keep kids focused and hungry over a sustained period.

Congrats MC now you know what it is like to be in Richmonds shoes. Where 12-1, 13-2, are not good enough and you are considered underachievers, failures and to quote some people on here "irrelevant". At least the shots are coming from all outsiders and not some in your own fan base. Keep this up and you will get there you too can enjoy the doubt and questioning of your own fans and others all over the state.

Seriously, MC loss or losses does nothing more than highlight the fact that the game is played by 15,16, and 17 year old kids and that it is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to win a state championship. Knotts greatest achievement in coaching was not x's and o's but his ability to keep kids focused and hungry over a sustained period.

High expectations are a good thing and everyone in the program would agree. The fact that this thread even exists is proof of the programs sucess. Nobody starting threads about Hoke County under achieving.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Man this tread was started jus to troll...point period. Reminds me of people at a job that group up and complain about the management. Can it be that a good team lost to another good team in the playoffs? I'm not a creek fan but I'm not going 2 sit here and pile up on somebody and create fake narratives that get people talking and gossiping like school girls. Creek was in a dogfight that jus happened to lose in the last minute... the end. Besides Wake, Butler, and maybe throw Scotland, Page and us...out the last 5-10 yrs they have been the standard.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Last time I check none of your schools is calling and begging for OOC game? If u think they're weak schedule them then.....

As I have said for decades, "the best fans in NC are in Richmond County...the worst fans in NC are in Richmond County." I would set in the stands and hear the fans complain they were not trying to score and the reserves were in too early although it was the end of the third quarter and the Raiders were up 42-6. The way Paul Hoggard was treated by some was absolute lunacy. Will not find a better man but they only saw that Scotland was on a roll.

Last edited:
The Creek has to schedule teams in SC every year. Lotta people feeling good about that L we took. Give us a call and put us on the schedule. We have openings! It’s amazing how many people, that are coming from under rocks to explain what it takes......lol! It comes with the territory, and its a compliment to the program. Kids were devastated, and it was a humbling experience. We’ll just reload and get back at it on Monday. For the guy who started the stupid thread about talent going to waste. Naw! Over 20 will be attending college on Athletic or Academic scholarships. Along with the 60+ currently on college rosters today.

Wishing all remaining teams injury free games and success with their program.

Last edited:

Scrolling on by works both ways. You were a heavy participant and seem to be the common denominator in a few threads when it comes to taking shots. Never said you started it and never agreed it should have been. I simply respect MC for what they have done and mainly going to SC and taking on some heavyweights. This whole topic could have waited as I think the timing was off...not even two days have passed. Otherwise, we have a game to focus on. Great year MC.

The pattern is MC bash, smash, and trashes all of North Carolina during their winning season(Aug - Nov). We have this, we have them, we have weapons, and you have a mediocre schedule.

MC makes request to North Carolina to never bring on the past and yet focus on Now. So then the playoffs come around and someone eats MC's lunch.

Now they want to focus on the past rather than Now. I know one thing, Drake Mayes and company is still in the game. Drake Mayes doesnt sound too bad in a MC uniform right about now does he?

Everyone knows what MC has done in the past. What North Carolina wants to know is if you can match up that Season Trash Running Mouth with end results.

So is the game still won in the trenches? Yes or No?

2016 Butler
2017 Wake Forest
2018 Hough
2019 Vance
2020 __________

From Deana

It's getting to the point that I need to post this and I'm seriously considering talking to my lawyer.
When you signed up to post on this site, you agreed to the Terms of Service:

By signing up to post on Rivals' message boards, you agree that if Rivals blacklists you, you will cease and desist from posting on the message boards. If you are blacklisted, and subsequently sign up under new account(s) for the sole purpose of disrupting the message boards in any manner, you will be liable for damages to Rivals in the amount of fair compensation for time spent by Rivals staff and/or publishers in addition to any lost profits or revenues caused by your disruption and costs of collection of these damages, including attorneys fees. Due to difficulty in Rivals assessing these damages and costs, you agree that the minimum damage from violation of this provision will be $10,000 (without limitation on Rivals' ability to prove actual damages in excess of this amount).

From Deana

It's getting to the point that I need to post this and I'm seriously considering talking to my lawyer.
When you signed up to post on this site, you agreed to the Terms of Service:

By signing up to post on Rivals' message boards, you agree that if Rivals blacklists you, you will cease and desist from posting on the message boards. If you are blacklisted, and subsequently sign up under new account(s) for the sole purpose of disrupting the message boards in any manner, you will be liable for damages to Rivals in the amount of fair compensation for time spent by Rivals staff and/or publishers in addition to any lost profits or revenues caused by your disruption and costs of collection of these damages, including attorneys fees. Due to difficulty in Rivals assessing these damages and costs, you agree that the minimum damage from violation of this provision will be $10,000 (without limitation on Rivals' ability to prove actual damages in excess of this amount).
S2v2 jus loves to troll and pile, jus like HS with a group of bullies. People loves to jus pile on when they think people are weak or at their weakest....pathetic. smh

Reactions: TarheelRaider
Greengold4ever said it best..."Now you know." Become the champions and it is expected... No, there ain't no coaching problem. The competition is just that good at this stage... there ain't no bad teams... anyone can be beat... this thread covered it all...GO RAIDERS...

U can blame location of this problem and being in the Imeck. It isnt fair with having 3 of the best teams in the state in the same conference. Let's look at MC losses...Butler 2016, Hough 2018, Vance 2019. Butler is a perennial powerhouse, Hough was nationally ranked last yr, and Vance was the 2018 4AA runner up....are those bad losses? All those teams they played and beat earlier that season. It's not fair to beat up, when u play so many tough games on top of playing teams u already played earlier in the yr. Hell they could b like Myers Park and play average teams and b told ur the best team ever "shrugs"
You're Myers Park envy always comes into play, this wasn't about Myers Park but you have Myers Park on the brain.

Says the NCPreps Bully who tries to intimidate
Again ur so quick to get defensive....worry about Richmond cty and Vance will worry about West. And if they win then we can go back n forth...until then theres a lot of Raider fans on here and they want cha!!! So dont look past them!!

It’s hard to win a State Championship. You have to have great players and great coaching. The team has to play well together. You also have to catch some breaks. An injury or catching a hot team at the wrong time can end a season. A team can play in awful weather conditions that hurt one team more than the other. These are young men playing a game that can be unpredictable at times under a lot of pressure. This is why winning is so special, it hard to win a state championship.

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT