ADVERTISEMENT

All That Talent Gone To Waste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2011
What is up with Mallard Creek? With all that talent on the field and they still cannot close out the season without a heartbreaking lose.
No wonder MC is not ever in the national spotlight like Independence was with Tom Knotts.
If Tom Knotts was at MC, there would be another dynasty.
Get rid of the head coach and any other coach attached to that offense. Pathetic schemes only work when playing clearly inferior opponents. Vance is good but not as good as MC. Out coached again...Yes better...No
Was praying MC would win it all this year and come down here to Atlanta next year so I could finally see a team from my old stomping grounds. Forget it, stay up there MC I'll continue rooting for my
North Gwinnett Bulldogs.
Angry and frustrated but my love will always be home. North Carolina.
Good luck to all teams from 1 to 4. Play hard, play clean and play to the whistle.

This is Mallard Creek's 4th year in a row committing to round ball season. Does this mean they lose The Under Armour sponsor or how long is that contract for?

2016 Butler
2017 Wake Forest
2018 Hough
2019 Vance
2020 __________

Again this clown doesnt have a team he jus come on sites jus to troll others....jus go away!
Troll?
What are you talking about.....Youre telling me this below is not true?

-------------- BREAK ---------------
This is Mallard Creek's 4th year in a row committing to round ball season. Does this mean they lose The Under Armour sponsor or how long is that contract for?

2016 Butler
2017 Wake Forest
2018 Hough
2019 Vance
2020 __________

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Troll?
What are you talking about.....Youre telling me this below is not true?

-------------- BREAK ---------------

2016 Butler
2017 Wake Forest
2018 Hough
2019 Vance
2020 __________
Let's b real...besides Wake Forest everybody is a "loser". So unless ur a Wake fan this is irrelevant

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
Let's b real...besides Wake Forest everybody is a "loser". So unless ur a Wake fan this is irrelevant
How is this irrelevant?
The title of this thread is "All that talent gone to waste" which is referring to Mallard Creek. You should be concerned about West Forsyth because Mallard Creek is on the foul line.

------------------ BACK TO THE REGULAR SCHEDULED PROGRAM -------------------

2016 Butler
2017 Wake Forest
2018 Hough
2019 Vance
2020 __________

Last edited:
How is this irrelevant?
The title of this thread is "All that talent gone to waste" which is referring to Mallard Creek. You should be concerned about West Forsyth because Mallard Creek is on the foul line.

2016 Butler
2017 Wake Forest
2018 Hough
2019 Vance
2020 __________
Have you even BEEN to a Myers Park game? Well friday is ur chance to finally see them play. Since they're in ur neck of the woods.

How is this irrelevant?

2016 Butler
2017 Wake Forest
2018 Hough
2019 Vance
2020 __________
Are you going to be the next Purnell Swett head coach? God knows were tired of u trolling on here smh. Did chris finally kick u off CP and that's y ur back on here?

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
Have you even BEEN to a Myers Park game? Well friday is ur chance to finally see them play. Since they're in ur neck of the woods.
What the Heck is CP and who is Chris? You use the same lines everytime you engage with me which I find truly funny. Great move. Great attempt. Still dont know what your goal is.

But bud youre avoiding the question. If this was PacMan game would be over. I'm going to give you three more credits since you missed the part bud

2016 Butler
2017 Wake Forest
2018 Hough
2019 Vance
2020 __________

They are still very good but they just don't seem to have the overall offensive excellence that Indy had or any Knotts coached team for that matter.

Reactions: Crest9496
No, it's not irrelevant. This has got to be looked at. Something inside the system isn't working. They aren't able to close out. I've noticed a pattern, at least the last couple of years. MC starts off strong, playing a tough schedule against SC teams. As the season wears on, their wins look a little less impressive. They play undisciplined ball racking up large penalty yards. They get a bye, then get knocked out. If one wants to sluff it off, shrug their shoulders and call people who notice these things trolls, then so be it. If it happened one season, one could be considered a troll. But it's a pattern. Other teams are winning off of byes. Other teams are beating rivals, they beat in the regular season. Why isn't Mallard Creek? I and others aren't inside the program, so we don't know the cause. But we notice the pattern. Has MC had the talent? Of course they have. But they've been underachievers.

They need to recruit harder??
They need to recruit harder??

Coming from a Raider we need to stay out of this, this is not our fight. We need to be ready Friday night because those Charlotte-Meck schools has had our # since 2000. Let’s get this monkey off our back this year.

"This has got to be looked at. Something inside the system isn't working".

One of the best ways to measure a programs success is the joy it brings to others when it loses. When they start threads about you its a pretty good indication you are doing something right. One of the trolls on the board is actually posting that the loss to Wake Forest in the 2017 final is some kind of disappointment. Of course this is a guy who picks a new school and a new screen name every week or so. I guess you have to consider the source.

I think its the great football mind of Mr. Honda who has called Mallard Creek underachievers...........I think a 10 year period is a good solid look at a program. Rather than the opinion of some guy who doesnt even watch the games I thought we would just look at facts-

2010- 2019

126-13 W/L or 91% against annually the toughest schedule in the state.
3 4aa state titles
4 4aa title appearances
6 4aa West Regional appearances
9 Conf titles
34-7 Playoff record or 83%

There must be a whole lot of underachieving programs out there because outside of Wake Forest there hasnt been a 4a school who sniffs that record. So troll on......

Friday nights loss was brutal for the players, coaches and parents. So was last years loss. 2011 loss at Page was tough as was the 2010 loss to Vance. When your HS football career ends for good its always tough.......I think the coaches and players at Mallard Creek understand the expectations are high. I dont think they would want it any other way.

Good luck to the teams that play next week. Playing on Black Friday is special and should be enjoyed by everyone. I know I will be somewhere watching a game.

Mr. Honda- You keep looking at the system. I know Coach Palmieri and the rest of us cant wait for your analysis.

talent gone to waste is a poor choice of words imo

they’ve got kids playing on Saturday and Sunday. i’d say that speaks for itself right there. they’ve gone out of their way to play to best of the best during non conference. the IMECK has been considered to be one of the toughest, if not the toughest, in the state. and running through the 4AA West unscathed can be an exercise in futility alone. i’ve seen them every season since their inception and they’re always great. if anything, id say the talent gap is narrowing. teams like Vance and Hough, within their own conference, remain serious contenders to win it all on a regular basis. beating either team twice in the same season would be tough for any team in this state.

but the finger pointers and the haters will come crawling in when all is said and done. same as it ever was.

"This has got to be looked at. Something inside the system isn't working".

One of the best ways to measure a programs success is the joy it brings to others when it loses. When they start threads about you its a pretty good indication you are doing something right. One of the trolls on the board is actually posting that the loss to Wake Forest in the 2017 final is some kind of disappointment. Of course this is a guy who picks a new school and a new screen name every week or so. I guess you have to consider the source.

I think its the great football mind of Mr. Honda who has called Mallard Creek underachievers...........I think a 10 year period is a good solid look at a program. Rather than the opinion of some guy who doesnt even watch the games I thought we would just look at facts-

2010- 2019

126-13 W/L or 91% against annually the toughest schedule in the state.
3 4aa state titles
4 4aa title appearances
6 4aa West Regional appearances
9 Conf titles
34-7 Playoff record or 83%

There must be a whole lot of underachieving programs out there because outside of Wake Forest there hasnt been a 4a school who sniffs that record. So troll on......

Friday nights loss was brutal for the players, coaches and parents. So was last years loss. 2011 loss at Page was tough as was the 2010 loss to Vance. When your HS football career ends for good its always tough.......I think the coaches and players at Mallard Creek understand the expectations are high. I dont think they would want it any other way.

Good luck to the teams that play next week. Playing on Black Friday is special and should be enjoyed by everyone. I know I will be somewhere watching a game.

Mr. Honda- You keep looking at the system. I know Coach Palmieri and the rest of us cant wait for your analysis.
Shrug your shoulders. A pattern has been established.

Yes. Good record. They are a very good regular season program.

Please name the 4a programs with better playoff records over the past 10 years. FYI- I think your little ratings poll has them listed as the 2nd best team in the state. Might want to look at your own system.....

Please name the 4a programs with better playoff records over the past 10 years. FYI- I think your little ratings poll has them listed as the 2nd best team in the state. Might want to look at your own system.....
Right now, I don’t care about the other teams in the state. They aren’t the ones touting all the talent they’ve had and this year, the elite coaching they had on both sides of the ball. Don’t get me wrong, I think Mallard Creek has had very good teams with good talent. Heck, I’ve been pulling for them. But every year the last few years, it’s the same story. Schedule tough SC teams. Do well. Then as season goes on, play gets more sloppy (by way of penalties), wins are good but less impressive. Then comes seeding time, they get that first round bye. Second round comes. MC is eliminated. Wash, rinse and repeat. I look at my “little system” all the time. You’re correct. I had them as the second best team in the state. But that was for the regular season. Like I said great regular season program.

Right now, I don’t care about the other teams in the state. They aren’t the ones touting all the talent they’ve had and this year, the elite coaching they had on both sides of the ball. Don’t get me wrong, I think Mallard Creek has had very good teams with good talent. Heck, I’ve been pulling for them. But every year the last few years, it’s the same story. Schedule tough SC teams. Do well. Then as season goes on, play gets more sloppy (by way of penalties), wins are good but less impressive. Then comes seeding time, they get that first round bye. Second round comes. MC is eliminated. Wash, rinse and repeat. I look at my “little system” all the time. You’re correct. I had them as the second best team in the state. But that was for the regular season. Like I said great regular season program.
U can blame location of this problem and being in the Imeck. It isnt fair with having 3 of the best teams in the state in the same conference. Let's look at MC losses...Butler 2016, Hough 2018, Vance 2019. Butler is a perennial powerhouse, Hough was nationally ranked last yr, and Vance was the 2018 4AA runner up....are those bad losses? All those teams they played and beat earlier that season. It's not fair to beat up, when u play so many tough games on top of playing teams u already played earlier in the yr. Hell they could b like Myers Park and play average teams and b told ur the best team ever "shrugs"

Here is your playoff system......Looks like a couple of misses?? For someone who touts how great they are it would seem to me you underachieved...

4A East

Seventy-First 28 New Bern 21

Cardinal Gibbons 41 Heritage 20

Scotland 38 Jordan 14

South View 24 Jack Britt 19

4A West

Grimsley 38 Porter Ridge 27

Hickory Ridge 26 Glenn 21

Mooresville 28 Ragsdale 16

East Forsyth 47 Davie County 28

4AA East

Wake Forest 42 Rolesville 28

Apex Friendship 17 Hoggard 14

Leesville Road 23 Hoke County 14

4AA West

Richmond 41 Hough 20

Myers Park 45 Ardrey Kell 17

West Forsyth 34 Reagan 21

Mallard Creek 25 Vance 14

1 mrhonda, Tuesday at 1:20 PM

Here is your playoff system......Looks like a couple of misses?? For someone who touts how great they are it would seem to me you underachieved...

4A East

Seventy-First 28 New Bern 21

Cardinal Gibbons 41 Heritage 20

Scotland 38 Jordan 14

South View 24 Jack Britt 19

4A West

Grimsley 38 Porter Ridge 27

Hickory Ridge 26 Glenn 21

Mooresville 28 Ragsdale 16

East Forsyth 47 Davie County 28

4AA East

Wake Forest 42 Rolesville 28

Apex Friendship 17 Hoggard 14

Leesville Road 23 Hoke County 14

4AA West

Richmond 41 Hough 20

Myers Park 45 Ardrey Kell 17

West Forsyth 34 Reagan 21

Mallard Creek 25 Vance 14

1 mrhonda, Tuesday at 1:20 PM
I’ve stated what my prediction record was each week. Share exactly when I said how great I am. You can’t. Yep, I had a below average week. One of those misses was Mallard Creek. Don’t get mad at me. I didn’t start this thread. There’s a definite pattern there that at least a couple of others picked up on. I noticed it too. I was nervous for Mallard Creek going into that game with Vance. Lo and behold, history repeated itself. So, I’ll go ahead and say it. I think Mallard Creek is one of the best regular season teams in the state. But their playoff performances are starting to get a little shaky. If you’re happy with outstanding regular season success (which they’ve had plenty of), then go for it and enjoy it. You’re season is over. Move on.

I’ve stated what my prediction record was each week. Share exactly when I said how great I am. You can’t. Yep, I had a below average week. One of those misses was Mallard Creek. Don’t get mad at me. I didn’t start this thread. There’s a definite pattern there that at least a couple of others picked up on. I noticed it too. I was nervous for Mallard Creek going into that game with Vance. Lo and behold, history repeated itself. So, I’ll go ahead and say it. I think Mallard Creek is one of the best regular season teams in the state. But their playoff performances are starting to get a little shaky. If you’re happy with outstanding regular season success (which they’ve had plenty of), then go for it and enjoy it. You’re season is over. Move on.

I guess there lies the problem. Trolls dont have a season. They dont root for a team. They get to call other teams out, call them underachievers and be critical.....with no blow back.

So I have decided to troll you since my team is now out. Congrats....you have your own troll now.

No, it's not irrelevant. This has got to be looked at. Something inside the system isn't working. They aren't able to close out. I've noticed a pattern, at least the last couple of years. MC starts off strong, playing a tough schedule against SC teams. As the season wears on, their wins look a little less impressive. They play undisciplined ball racking up large penalty yards. They get a bye, then get knocked out. If one wants to sluff it off, shrug their shoulders and call people who notice these things trolls, then so be it. If it happened one season, one could be considered a troll. But it's a pattern. Other teams are winning off of byes. Other teams are beating rivals, they beat in the regular season. Why isn't Mallard Creek? I and others aren't inside the program, so we don't know the cause. But we notice the pattern. Has MC had the talent? Of course they have. But they've been underachievers.
The pattern is MC bash, smash, and trashes all of North Carolina during their winning season(Aug - Nov). We have this, we have them, we have weapons, and you have a mediocre schedule.

MC makes request to North Carolina to never bring on the past and yet focus on Now. So then the playoffs come around and someone eats MC's lunch.

Now they want to focus on the past rather than Now. I know one thing, Drake Mayes and company is still in the game. Drake Mayes doesnt sound too bad in a MC uniform right about now does he?

Everyone knows what MC has done in the past. What North Carolina wants to know is if you can match up that Season Trash Running Mouth with end results.

So is the game still won in the trenches? Yes or No?

2016 Butler
2017 Wake Forest
2018 Hough
2019 Vance
2020 __________

The pattern is MC bash, smash, and trashes all of North Carolina during their winning season(Aug - Nov). We have this, we have them, we have weapons, and you have a mediocre schedule.

MC makes request to North Carolina to never bring on the past and yet focus on Now. So then the playoffs come around and someone eats MC's lunch.

Now they want to focus on the past rather than Now. I know one thing, Drake Mayes and company is still in the game. Drake Mayes doesnt sound too bad in a MC uniform right about now does he?

Everyone knows what MC has done in the past. What North Carolina wants to know is if you can match up that Season Trash Running Mouth with end results.

So is the game still won in the trenches? Yes or No?

2016 Butler
2017 Wake Forest
2018 Hough
2019 Vance
2020 __________
Again its Myers Park, not Drake Maye and company. He was on CP with his fanboy crap and I guess chris finally got tired and kicked u off now ur back here. It takes a TEAM to win....but if u had one instead of troll and bandwagoning every year. Have u signed up for the Purnell swett job opening?

Again its Myers Park, not Drake Maye and company. He was on CP with his fanboy crap and I guess chris finally got tired and kicked u off now ur back here. It takes a TEAM to win....but if u had one instead of troll and bandwagoning every year. Have u signed up for the Purnell swett job opening?
YOU KEEP MISSING THE PART BUD

So for Christmas I want MC to go under the mistletoe and ask Mr. Rogers or that Blues Clues guy if the game still won in the trenches.

2016 Butler
2017 Wake Forest
2018 Hough
2019 Vance
2020 __________

Mallard Creek has been one of the top teams in the state in North Carolina for a while now. Not even DAMOUTH would disrespect Coach Palmieri. He’s done great things at MC. You can’t win the ship every year. That’s just not realistic.. Make no mistake about it a lot programs would love to have Palmieri!

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
I guess there lies the problem. Trolls dont have a season. They dont root for a team. They get to call other teams out, call them underachievers and be critical.....with no blow back.

So I have decided to troll you since my team is now out. Congrats....you have your own troll now.
Like I said in an earlier comment, if it was just one season, yeah someone would be trolling. But it’s become a pattern. It’s much easier to throw insults around than it is to look at a problem, isn’t it?

I think Mallard Creek has started falling off, just like Indy did after there run, just like Butler has drifted off after a great run....this stuff runs in cycles. I think Myers Park is the New Charlotte Power House for years to come. Vance has obviously climbed past Butler & Mallard the last two years, establishing themselves as the 2nd best team in Charlotte. Hell, they might be 1st...The “New Charlotte Power House”. It’s definitely a change of hierarchy.

This MC team was complete and it was state title or bust 2019. O, D, and specialties were stacked. They were the team that could match the strenghts of any other squad in the state. Although last year's QB was not equal to the 2019 edition I thought 2018 had what they needed to win a state title but not as solid as this year. I told people I would take MC against the field this season. It was as confident about a team winning a state title I had felt since 2012 Butler and before that 2004 Indy.

2018 and 2019 were disappoints. No question. Explanations for other seasons. Still young program in 2009. Marquis injury in 2010. Page caught ligthning in a bottle in 2011. Butler was loaded in 2012.

Three titles in a row 2013-2015! 2015 was touch and go in numerous games including two losses to teams that shoud not have beat them. There will be some bumps along the way and a loss does not define a season when there is a recovery.

2016 was a super impressive physical team but there were non football issues that made me realize early it would be a tough road to a state title. Thought 2017 did well and played even until late in the game against a loaded Wake Forest D.

For people that are close to the program what should be the focus and what changes need to be made or should it continue business as usual? It is hard to point fingers at an 11-1 team but I am sure Coach Palmeiri is looking at all aspects of the program.

Coming from a Raider we need to stay out of this, this is not our fight. We need to be ready Friday night because those Charlotte-Meck schools has had our # since 2000. Let’s get this monkey off our back this year.

Absolutely!!! Look at all the years we have been knocked out early. There are some good posters on here that I respect that will talk good football. Couple from Charlotte. We need to be concerned with our own here unless it’s good football talk. Stay classy, Richmond County:)

Now to contradict myself a little, but for the right reasons....

Mr. Honda...you say you have no skin in the game. Yet, you continually take little pot shots at teams. When someone comes back at you, you say quite regularly you are taking your toys and going home. These kids just freakin lost last Friday and the classy thing to do, since you don’’t have any affiliation with any team, would be to not care as you say you do. IF it truly is a concerning topic to you, maybe think about timing. Maybe a little later it might go over better. Those kids work hard too.

Last edited:
I think Mallard Creek has started falling off, just like Indy did after there run, just like Butler has drifted off after a great run....this stuff runs in cycles. I think Myers Park is the New Charlotte Power House for years to come. Vance has obviously climbed past Butler & Mallard the last two years, establishing themselves as the 2nd best team in Charlotte. Hell, they might be 1st...The “New Charlotte Power House”. It’s definitely a change of hierarchy.
Explain this????

Reactions: hodgesd13
Need to stop analyzing charlotte powerhouses and worry about this charlotte power--------> VANCE
cause.......
Were coming..........

II will not anoint Myers Park the new top team in Charlotte until they make it to the title game. This could be the year.

Vance also lost to Hough and had super tight games with Mooresville and Lake Norman. Hard time putting them in the top slot.

Mallard Creek was the most complete, talented, physically impressive team I watched play this year. No question. Would not call that falling off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT