ADVERTISEMENT

All Final Scores ** Eastern & Western 1A & 1AA

Saturday December 9th Time will be posted tomorrow by NCHSAA
1A (13-1) Cherokee vs (14-0) North Duplin
1AA (14-0) Mount Airy vs (14-0) Tarboro

Last edited:
You're right. I had forgot about that. I know it's been 11 years but I feel this brings that matchup almost full circle. From what I remember that was Cherokees last great season until this one. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct, that was Cherokees last stand out season

Friday Night WXII TV 12 Sports News game highlites . Go Bears
http://www.wxii12.com/article/mount-airy-advances-to-1aa-state-finals/14003326
Not rubbing it in but I and a lot of others miss the sports on WXII last night.
Murphy & Mount Airy did way more then the news clip but these clips are always short because they cover so many games & MA was the local team and won.
WII has given little coverage of MA all season. Sticking with the big schools from WS,and Greensboro. First year I can remember where we were not the game of the week all season

WII has given little coverage of MA all season. Sticking with the big schools from WS,and Greensboro. First year I can remember where we were not the game of the week all season
Did they even have a TV crew up for a game. They did want to do the North Surry Mount Airy game as game of the week but it did not happen and I sent Brian Formica a Tweeter saying,I can not believe you chose East Surry vs West Stokes over the 4-0 Mount Airy vs 4-0 North Surry for game of the week.This is always Standing Room Only and a rivalry that has went on sense the early 1960s .His reply was "Thank you for your message. There are requirements of being the game of the week that not both schools could agree to. It was not an oversight." :eek:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT