ADVERTISEMENT

Alcoa vs Maryville

Do they have any restriction as far as getting in the stadium or tickets or anything?

You guys can keep track of the trash talk here.

Wow is all I can say..just left a friend's home who subscribed to watch the game last night..We watched again tonight..If that is the 2 best football teams in Tennessee through all classifications, then NC high school football is leaps and bounds ahead of Tennessee.. East Surry or Tarboro would have had a running clock on both teams.. Robbinsville and Murphy both would possibly beat either team. The advantage Maryville or Alcoa would have against the SMC teams is they fun fresh players in every couple plays. I doubt Maryville had a defensive lineman over 210 lbs. There was no emotion, no hits and no heart..The atmosphere was dead..Nothing like SMC football..
I couldn't believe what I was watching

Reactions: BK13T-$ and UNC91
Must have just been a bad game on both teams part then, cause I've watched Alcoa play a few times this season, and not a one of our SMC teams would play with them, not even the ville. Lol, there's no comparison
I wouldn't have believed it either but yes there is a comparison if they played a SMC team like they did last night..not a single good hit the entire game. I spoke with a Robbinsville coach this morning that was at the game and he couldn't believe it. Like you said maybe a bad game but last night was terrible..I had no interest in watching the game but my buddy insist that I come watch it..He couldn't believe what he paid 10$ to watch..

Last edited:
I wouldn't have believed it either but yes there is a comparison if they played a SMC team like they did last night..not a single good hit the entire game. I spoke with a Robbinsville coach this morning that was at the game and he couldn't believe it. Like you said maybe a bad game but last night was terrible..I had no interest in watching the game but my buddy insist that I come watch it..He couldn't believe what he paid 10$ to watch..

The Calpreps computer for 2019 Alcoa vs Robbinsville neutral field predicts 42-14 win Alcoa.

Reactions: UNC91
Wow is all I can say..just left a friend's home who subscribed to watch the game last night..We watched again tonight..If that is the 2 best football teams in Tennessee through all classifications, then NC high school football is leaps and bounds ahead of Tennessee.. East Surry or Tarboro would have had a running clock on both teams.. Robbinsville and Murphy both would possibly beat either team. The advantage Maryville or Alcoa would have against the SMC teams is they fun fresh players in every couple plays. I doubt Maryville had a defensive lineman over 210 lbs. There was no emotion, no hits and no heart..The atmosphere was dead..Nothing like SMC football..
I couldn't believe what I was watching

Tennessee football has always been four levels below North Carolina.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Tennessee football has always been four levels below North Carolina.

Whoa Whoa now!!!! There are several Private Schools that are pretty good. With NC being a bigger state there is more depth of good teams. The top teams in each class TN would give top NC teams in the same class a good game.

Whoa Whoa now!!!! There are several Private Schools that are pretty good. With NC being a bigger state there is more depth of good teams. The top teams in each class TN would give top NC teams in the same class a good game.

Tennessee only plays football in Nashville, Memphis and Knoxville

I watched gatlinburg Pittman beat cocke county pitman is the 17th ranked 3a team in tn. I don’t think they’d finish better than 4th in whc. That said they live in a better state by far. I’m hoping to move to tn soon

Reactions: BK13T-$ and UNC91
I watched gatlinburg Pittman beat cocke county pitman is the 17th ranked 3a team in tn. I don’t think they’d finish better than 4th in whc. That said they live in a better state by far. I’m hoping to move to tn soon

I like to see a Hampton / Mitchell game. Hampton has had some teams that would go toe to toe with Mitchell. I think GP would be in the thick of it in WHC. Like I said there is more depth of good teams in NC. Remember about all the 2a schools in TN would be 1a in NC. This years South Pittsburgh TN team I think they would win 1a or 1aa in NC.

They wouldn't beat Tarboro, unless you have a big time passing attack or can match them athlete for athlete it ain't happening.

They would match them Athlete for Athlete this year. Got 70 kids on the team.

They would match them Athlete for Athlete this year.
No they wouldn't, South Pittsburg have good skill athletes every year but they aren't overwhelmingly athletic across the board, big difference in out athleting Grundy County and Lookout Valley and being on par with Tarboro.

No they wouldn't, South Pittsburg have good skill athletes every year but they aren't overwhelmingly athletic across the board, big difference in out athleting Grundy County and Lookout Valley and being on par with Tarboro.

Good thing about a message board we can disagree. I would take this year South Pitt team. I would of took last year Greenback team to win the SMC. Robbinsville would of been a heck of a game.

Good thing about a message board we can disagree. I would take this year South Pitt team.
Like you said we can agree to disagree. South Pitt does have a really good program though and I wish them and Murphy could've played at least a couple times over the last decade, would be a great series.

Reactions: Appvol
I have watch hampton play few times they are very solid. No way would hampton beat the teams mitchell has had last few seasons and it kills me to admit that, its the truth. Went to elizabethton boone game last week, .cyclones are the tenn 4a champs ,they would get wax in 2a, dont have the speed shelby or reidsville .heard heritage has reach out to them hope it happens .

I'm telling you guys..Ive watched football for over 50 yrs..what I saw between Maryville and Alcoa the other night was far from being elite football teams..The only chance they would have in NC is in 1A

Like I said there is more depth of good teams in NC. Remember about all the 2a schools in TN would be 1a in NC.

A good chunk of the 3A schools in Tennessee would be 1A here, as well. And Elizabethton would Probably be small 2A at 819...would be a good matchup for Heritage.

Reactions: Appvol
I have watch hampton play few times they are very solid. No way would hampton beat the teams mitchell has had last few seasons and it kills me to admit that, its the truth. Went to elizabethton boone game last week, .cyclones are the tenn 4a champs ,they would get wax in 2a, dont have the speed shelby or reidsville .heard heritage has reach out to them hope it happens .

You got to see a good game. Elizabethton had 3 or 4 of their starting OL out that game. Elizabethton is 3a but chooses to play up. Hampton has had few teams back when Mitchell was good that I would of liked to see them play. The 2015 Hampton got beat in the semis. I think that was the year Mitchell made it to the finals. That would of been one heck of a game.

Reactions: Rocketman101
Thinking about going to cloudland game friday , can i get tickets at the game. Last week my friends son played for boone he gave me ticket.

Thinking about going to cloudland game friday , can i get tickets at the game. Last week my friends son played for boone he gave me ticket.

I will try to let you know. Hancock Co want bring a lot of fans if I had to guess so they might sell tickets at the game.

I like to see a Hampton / Mitchell game. Hampton has had some teams that would go toe to toe with Mitchell. I think GP would be in the thick of it in WHC. Like I said there is more depth of good teams in NC. Remember about all the 2a schools in TN would be 1a in NC. This years South Pittsburgh TN team I think they would win 1a or 1aa in NC.

gp is a smaller finesse team. Mitchell and heritage would lay the heavy wood to em I’m afraid. Much bigger up front. i agree Hampton or cloud land would be great games for Mitchell. I remember cloud land kicking butt several years ago. They beat us pretty bad and owned Avery for awhile

GP is huge upfront these past 3 years. Cloudland wouldn’t have nothing for Mitchell right now. Years past maybe. I think Mitchell and Mountain Heritage should try to play Hampton. It would help all 3 schools be better come playoff time.

Reactions: Mhsneer and UNC91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT