ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle's Future?

Lol nah, it's in Harrisburg, NC about 3 miles outside of Charlotte.
Harrisburg??????
Durn bud, I just truly disrespected you. That's them neighborhoods where the houses are 10ft next to one another and as big as Beverly Hills homes. 6,000 - 8,000 square foot homes with green grass, sprinkler system, 3 car garage, then another three freaking car garage, automatic remote control blinds, a lazy river pool and let's not forget them beautiful crate myrtles as one drives into the driveway....

A house?......dude you're looking for a castle. You must be a brain surgeon

I bet Food Lion is not allowed there. Lowes food may be the better choice

Last edited:
Harrisburg??????
Durn bud, I just truly disrespected you. That's them neighborhoods where the houses are 10ft next to one another and as big as Beverly Hills homes. 6,000 - 8,000 square foot homes with green grass, sprinkler system, 3 car garage, then another three freaking car garage, automatic remote control blinds, a lazy river pool and let's not forget them beautiful crate myrtles as one drives into the driveway....

A house?......dude you're looking for a castle. You must be a brain surgeon

I bet Food Lion is not allowed there. Lowes food may be the better choice

Lol your good. Your right, those houses are crazy! But nah, I won't be moving into one of those half-a-million dollar homes. Heck I wish I had the money, I'd build a private high school in Albemarle and tell the board to kiss my natural "You know what"...

No, but if we get MAKE ALBEMARLE GREAT AGAIN printed on hats I think that'd be a start.

I don't know if anyone saw this but the 1/4 cent sales and use tax was soundly defeated in Stanly County. All of the money would have been used for education too.

One could conclude that Stanly County believes 1/4 cent is more valuable than the schools.

Reactions: sway1532
I know people that were huge supporters of keeping all schools open but told me they would not support any tax increases. I think that is an issue long term for Stanly County. If I lived in Norwood and I knew that I could keep the school open with a 1 cent sales tax I would vote for it.

Stanly County is full of dummies. They vote for the same idiots over and over again and cry wolf wanting something to change about this county. I've never seen such a thing like this before. They don't believe ish stinks but will wipe their butts after taking a dump lol. I've been done with this county and city for quite some time...

I'm guessing that they bought into the it's not a revenue but it's a spending problem rhetoric. By voting no these supporters have unwittingly voted against their own best interest.

I knew that a tax increase of any kind would be a hard, hard sale for Stanly County. The thing that gets me is if you spend $4 bucks, it would cost you an additional penny in sales tax. 1 cent.

Horrible message sent to the families in Stanly County. Actions like these are the reasons why that area is not growing.

Stanly County is full of dummies. They vote for the same idiots over and over again and cry wolf wanting something to change about this county. I've never seen such a thing like this before. They don't believe ish stinks but will wipe their butts after taking a dump lol. I've been done with this county and city for quite some time...

It doesn't take someone quoting an irrelevant study to conclude that you are absolutely correct.

I'm guessing that they bought into the it's not a revenue but it's a spending problem rhetoric. By voting no these supporters have unwittingly voted against their own best interest.

I knew that a tax increase of any kind would be a hard, hard sale for Stanly County. The thing that gets me is if you spend $4 bucks, it would cost you an additional penny in sales tax. 1 cent.

Horrible message sent to the families in Stanly County. Actions like these are the reasons why that area is not growing.
It also says a lot to prospective businesses about how little the county values education.

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
You don't politicize education. You don't tell young children that you think so little of their future that you are unwilling to pay an extra penny for every 4 bucks you spend. From what I've seen is that there is so much anger within the county that some just can't think rationally. These voters need to use their brain, that thing two feet above their keister.

You don't politicize education. You don't tell young children that you think so little of their future that you are unwilling to pay an extra penny for every 4 bucks you spend. From what I've seen is that there is so much anger within the county that some just can't think rationally. These voters need to use their brain, that thing two feet above their keister.

Amen, amen, and amen. I'm glad others agree that education should not be politicized.

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
It also says a lot to prospective businesses about how little the county values education.

I thought that too. When decisions like these are made you aren't going to get much industry that wants to invest in your community.

Children are investments, not burdens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT