ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle's Future?

WSPC wouldn't be the same with carrying games from 3 High Schools. Anybody interested in what Offense that They don't want to run next year?

I don't believe Albemarle will field a team this year. I could be wrong. I think right now the main focus is fixing the educational crisis and rebound next year...

Have you heard an update about the Bulldogs football team? I have heard conflicting reports about whether Albemarle fields a team next year.

I really believe now that the current BOE is going to past the school problem on to the next Board.

I really believe now that the current BOE is going to past the school problem on to the next Board.

It looks like one of the former, Melvin Poole, may well be on the board again. The new board will not close a school but doubtful that they will be able to make major improvements with the current budget.

Has the AHS job been posted for hire??? If not, I would find that strange.

It looks like one of the former, Melvin Poole, may well be on the board again. The new board will not close a school but doubtful that they will be able to make major improvements with the current budget.

Has the AHS job been posted for hire??? If not, I would find that strange.

The $64,000 question.

EE the previous HC retired at Christmas. Was that the reason for the hire? One and done or did it just work out that way.

That's the exact issue too. The appearance of the issue causes some speculation. The school will be open next year but nothing has happened with replacing the HC. Will there be a 5th new HC in five years?

If the current school board doesn't close schools I think they will all be open indefintly. The new board then must address the problems we will continue to have. First thing I would do is redistrict. We will continue to have a lack of funding and other issues, but at least that is a start in the right direction. We shall see.

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
I find it hard for Albemarle to field a team. I love my dogs, but can't see it happening.

@btango you know how the state retirement work. Just like padding stats in a blowout win...

If the current school board doesn't close schools I think they will all be open indefintly. The new board then must address the problems we will continue to have. First thing I would do is redistrict. We will continue to have a lack of funding and other issues, but at least that is a start in the right direction. We shall see.

That will be fun to watch as the people that are now in unison will soon become foes.

And nothing will happen with redistricting. Poole will not allow anything to happen.

Somewhat agree about Poole, EF. He seems to have a lot of influence weither he's on the board or not.

Hey everyone. Chris Hughes with Carolina Preps has posted that the coaching job is open. However, there is no posting on Maxpreps vacancy list as of yet. Any idea what the hold up is?

Hey everyone. Chris Hughes with Carolina Preps has posted that the coaching job is open. However, there is no posting on Maxpreps vacancy list as of yet. Any idea what the hold up is?

That's the big question. Former coach Smith has been gone for a couple of months from what I hear. My guess is they are waiting to get a definitive on the school being open which at this time seems to be a definite.

I've been told by a coach out in Stanly County that Smith has retired, but possibly Albemarle is just slow in getting the job posted. If I was a coach I'm not sure I'd wanna go to Albemarle with such uncertainty there.

That was more than likely the reason. Also mentioned is maybe not having some sports that Athletes would be interested in playing. If Albemarle has football then probably They will have Basketball but I don't know. Things need to be fixed in Stanly County. I'm not sure how the board will feel about Redistricting

No one wants to re-district in Stanly County, but they all want change. Then change is proposed and they hate it.
Change is always the catalyst for growth and if Stanly County doesn't want to continue to be a backwards county they'll re-district and begin to revamp their education system, or you can stay stuck in the past and continue to fight change tooth and nail, cause we see what happens when you do that. You get situations like this.

No one wants to re-district in Stanly County, but they all want change. Then change is proposed and they hate it.
Change is always the catalyst for growth and if Stanly County doesn't want to continue to be a backwards county they'll re-district and begin to revamp their education system, or you can stay stuck in the past and continue to fight change tooth and nail, cause we see what happens when you do that. You get situations like this.
So nobody knows who is going to make Albemarle Great Again?

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
I heard Friday that the board will approve plan b after Tuesday's elections. If they win, the decision will stand. If they lose, the damage would be almost irreversible by the time the new board members are seated. You heard it here.

I heard Friday that the board will approve plan b after Tuesday's elections. If they win, the decision will stand. If they lose, the damage would be almost irreversible by the time the new board members are seated. You heard it here.

Do you think there could be an injunction based on the new board coming in November?

Really? how? We have coaches interviewing? I hope its not like last year where it's one if those last minute "Offensive" installations....
And what exactly was it that happened last year Mr. Sway1532. Did they do "the onside kick kinda thang". Please tell exactly how they(the reps) surprised the community.

I think it makes sense to pass it after Tuesday's elections. If the board doesn't change, they take it as a vote of support. If they are voted out, their agenda closes the schools in five months prior to the new board members getting their say. By then, the deal is done.

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
I think it makes sense to pass it after Tuesday's elections. If the board doesn't change, they take it as a vote of support. If they are voted out, their agenda closes the schools in five months prior to the new board members getting their say. By then, the deal is done.
absolutely sensational
Sleehrat I am putting my trust on your words as the day of a solid truth lies ahead of us all. On Tuesday shall the sun rise and the sun fall with the deficiency amended.

Last edited:
And what exactly was it that happened last year Mr. Sway1532. Did they do "the onside kick kinda thang". Please tell exactly how they(the reps) surprised the community.

Not sure what the question is, but to answer your question to the best of my understanding. They installed a totally new offense that was garbage and didn't suit Albemarle's talent. Now here Albemarle is; probably missing out on Spring reps and no coach in sight and looks like it will be another overhaul of the offense.

Albemarle has talent, seen it with my own eyes from youth up to middle (Need to work on tackling).

As far as the onside kicking goes, someone from West Montgomery can better answer that..

I don't see Albemarle having a team this year, and if they do field one, they will only win 1 or 2 games...

Not sure what the question is, but to answer your question to the best of my understanding. They installed a totally new offense that was garbage and didn't suit Albemarle's talent. Now here Albemarle is; probably missing out on Spring reps and no coach in sight and looks like it will be another overhaul of the offense.

Albemarle has talent, seen it with my own eyes from youth up to middle (Need to work on tackling).

As far as the onside kicking goes, someone from West Montgomery can better answer that..

I don't see Albemarle having a team this year, and if they do field one, they will only win 1 or 2 games...
you understood my question. The way it sounds is that there won't be no coach until June.

no interviews yet?
anyone applied?

Reactions: sway1532
you understood my question. The way it sounds is that there won't be no coach until June.

no interviews yet?
anyone applied?

Not sure Swett, I haven't been keeping up with Albemarle since that debacle last year. Nation would be the only one that I know of that would know anything that's going on with Albemarle at the moment. I've been searching for a house in the Hickory Ridge High School district...man that's a prime spot, expensive...

Not sure Swett, I haven't been keeping up with Albemarle since that debacle last year. Nation would be the only one that I know of that would know anything that's going on with Albemarle at the moment. I've been searching for a house in the Hickory Ridge High School district...man that's a prime spot, expensive...
I thought Hickory was another cow pasture, horse raising, rooster fighting, and goat chasing Southern Living type sorta place. Sounds like it is more of the city, building kinda deal. Hope you soon find your 3,000 to 4,000 square foot home Sway1532

Nation sir, could you possibly fill us all in on your most current essay?

I thought Hickory was another cow pasture, horse raising, rooster fighting, and goat chasing Southern Living type sorta place. Sounds like it is more of the city, building kinda deal.

Lol nah, it's in Harrisburg, NC about 3 miles outside of Charlotte.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT