ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle's Future?

Buddy Rich

May 24, 2005
As a very painful season came to an end last night at the hands of TJA, what lies ahead? First I want to wish the seniors good luck and thank them for enduring a new experience at Albemarle. Now all we have is quest ion marks ?????. Will the school be open next year being the biggest. I really think we will have our answer by the first of the year. There is a big battle brewing between the BOE and the community. Folks we will be fighting for our very existence as a school. I would encourage everyone to get involved and and make this school board be upfront with us instead of behind closed doors. I for one will try to get all the information I can from them as to where each one stands on the future of Stanly County Schools. This decision will have a far reaching impact on this city and this county. Lets don't go quietly into the night!!!!!!

My information is that they have already determined that a high school will be closing. What is the benefit of closing one or the other aside from the Albemarle faithful wanting to hang on to the past? I'm sure South Stanly fans want to keep their school as well. Logistically South and North are viable options for Albemarle kids now. Depending on which side of town you live on it's inside 20 miles away. West Montgomery has students that are closer to Southwest Randolph but still go to West. Honestly, what makes the best economic sense would be the practical answer. I don't see any major industries, economic booms in the future for Albemarle. That coupled with the climate and element that is in town would lead many to believe that the best option is to close the doors of AHS. Parents haven't pulled their kids out of AHS and sent them elsewhere for the lunch options. Sentimental value doesn't make sense when it comes to cash strapped counties and educating kids. That is the main priority and seems to be getting lost in all this.

A lot of what you say is true BD, but I have been to a board meeting and there is little or no give and take between the board members. This leads me to believe that the REAL board meetings are not taking place on the first Tuesday of each month. I will admit I have an emotional attachment to keeping Albemarle open as most other schools fans do their schools. Aside from this I just want the school board to be upfront with everybody. If it means closing Albemarle so be it. You're right about one thing. Albemarle seems to have no real future economic wise.

BD, go ask Woody Durham what Albemarle High School means to Him. The History of this School is incredible

No one is doubting that. But if hanging on to a place merely for historical value then the old Biscoe High School should have never been closed. The original gymnasium there had more history than most buildings in NC when it comes to college basketball in the 30's - 40's. Progress my friend progress. Albemarle is a dying town and so is Troy. When that bypass opens up West Montgomery will become a 1A school come playoff time and Troy will become a ghost town. It pretty much already is.

Like it or not North Stanly and West Stanly are where the major highways are located in the county. They both allow easy access to the Concord/Charlotte area. If you worked in Charlotte and didn't want to live in the greater Charlotte area and didn't mind an hour drive to work each day where would the most practical place be to live? From a business point it's an easy decision. Split the Albemarle kids up, 1/2 to North and 1/2 to South. Use Albemarle as an Alternative School/Training Center for teachers etc....

BD, go ask Woody Durham what Albemarle High School means to Him. The History of this School is incredible

I agree that there is great history at the school and it has served proudly. The AHS today is not the school that Woody, Bob Harris, Bill Grigg, Ed Crutchfield, Don Montgomery, or Wade and Roger Smith attended. Albemarle is not the town that was vibrant with factories and the people living in the town working in the town. It is not the town that people wanted to return to after college. A lot has changed. Change is needed. The question is what change will improve the education of the students and it cannot be viewed solely on AHS and the community it currently serves but the county as a whole.

BD I believe secretly you would loke to see Albemarle closed. You keep bringing up "Why do people want to continue to hang on things from the past"....what the heck does that mean? Dude you want West Montgomery to be so much better than Albemarle historically, you want that crown so bad. We're not hanging on too the past, we're hanging on to the present and future. The past? Been there done that 5-0.

And your information is telling you something everyone already knows, that's no secret.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
Just adding this. Why couldn't Albemarle get a chance to become a charter School and have Athletics. It still would discriminate against Students that have Parents that aren't as rich as some Families out in the County. Seriously it still isn't right

Reactions: Warriorsfan109
BD I believe secretly you would loke to see Albemarle closed. You keep bringing up "Why do people want to continue to hang on things from the past"....what the heck does that mean? Dude you want West Montgomery to be so much better than Albemarle historically, you want that crown so bad. We're not hanging on too the past, we're hanging on to the present and future. The past? Been there done that 5-0.

And your information is telling you something everyone already knows, that's no secret.

Sway you just hate West Montgomery. I'm looking at it from a realistic standpoint. And I stated my opinion backed up with facts. If you ran a business without personal connections and were required to show positive results what would your business model be? What is the draw to bring businesses, industry, jobs to Albemarle right now? I challenge you to convince your investors on keeping Albemarle High School open without bringing up the athletic history, how long it's been open and how many distinguished alum graduated from there. It's all about money. Now here is your platform. You have the floor.

Reactions: atucker2
Sway you just hate West Montgomery. I'm looking at it from a realistic standpoint. And I stated my opinion backed up with facts. If you ran a business without personal connections and were required to show positive results what would your business model be? What is the draw to bring businesses, industry, jobs to Albemarle right now? I challenge you to convince your investors on keeping Albemarle High School open without bringing up the athletic history, how long it's been open and how many distinguished alum graduated from there. It's all about money. Now here is your platform. You have the floor.

Really, we're talking about coming up with a business model on a social network.

But to simply answer a dumb question, with a "fact".....matter of fact, let me ask you this, will closing Albemarle and going with North Stanly bring business to Albemarle or Richfield....or....neither?

Sway... I'm sorry. I may have offended you. It wasn't a "dumb" question. In order to maintain a viable school you have to have positive influx of money in the area. When that happens the population increases. It's one that will be answered by the politicians and taxpayers. Not really sure what your reply means. I have no dog in this fight. And your question about "bring business to Albemarle or Richfield...or ....neither?" is incoherent and does not address the original topic. I think it's best to bow out on this one.

Buddy, Tango, good luck.

Plan B just closes and wipes out Albemarle completely and it isn't fair or Right. Plan A makes it possible to start over and re brand Stanly County Schools. In that plan No One is treated like crap. All plan B is going to do is throw out some good Fans. Not all of Us are ready to pull for North Stanly

Congrats to this year's seniors. They played through a ton of adversity and represented the school well. Good luck in the future!

I agree that AHS should not stay open for tradition's sake if closing benefits the greater good. The important thing is to provide a quality educational experience for as many kids as possible, whatever it takes. I have my doubts about whether the current leaders have the wisdom to make the right organizational decisions but as somebody who lives outside the county and can't vote I'll have to hope for the best.

I usually drop out of sight around here in the offseason but I'll stay tuned this year since this board seems to be one of the best places for info on everything going on in the schools.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Sway... I'm sorry. I may have offended you. It wasn't a "dumb" question. In order to maintain a viable school you have to have positive influx of money in the area. When that happens the population increases. It's one that will be answered by the politicians and taxpayers. Not really sure what your reply means. I have no dog in this fight. And your question about "bring business to Albemarle or Richfield...or ....neither?" is incoherent and does not address the original topic. I think it's best to bow out on this one.

Buddy, Tango, good luck.

Bow out? Of what. If my statement had no reference to what you were saying, then I don't know of any simple way to put it...

"In order to maintain a viable school you have to have positive influx of money in the area. When that happens the population increases." Your statement is correct and strange. Are you saying that Albemarle doesn't have a influx of money and growth and New London and Badin does? Albemarle has two sub divisions, with one being almost completely filled with new homeowners... Albemarle just built a new shopping village that will add....hmm maybe 100 new jobs and probably will attract a few small businesses. yeah I'll bow out. And you have no dog in This fight.

Foot warrior good luck Friday.

Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
How about the future of Albemarle as a city. Noticed something fri night when I went out to dinner and a couple of beers at a local eatery. As we all know some of our better restaurants have closed down. The Boardroom, Pontiac Point, Shuckers, Yadkin Valley, etc. I went to Harmancos a favorite for many, many years. They had live entertainment and the crowd was sparce with I arrived thinking it would pick up as the night went on. It never did. We left at 11 and the place was empty. Used to be packed this time of night. Understand they are now struggling to stay open. The 30 something crowd used to go there often, but now they all go out of town to eat or at each others house. Guess one reason is this age group is a shrinking part of the pop. Having to go elsewhere to earn a living. My daughter is part of this age group so I know this for a fact. Pretty soon there will nothing but fast food joints to eat at. Just one more aspect of a dieing city. Closing AHS will only add to the demise of this town. I know it's all about education but I just don't see the scores going up if this is done. You're just taking the low scores and passing them on to another school. How do we bring our students grades up. That is the real question here. Strong teachers and leadership in the schools is one answer. When good teachers are leaving in groves you have a real problem. That is the crossroads we are at now.

Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
Agree Buddy. Sway has a misconceived outlook on the situation. Not sure he understands business and the dynamics we are discussing. He can't get past the "my school, my team....etc...." Harmancos I believe was one of the first bars opened in '98-'99 and we frequented it quite often. Sad to hear that. When the bars start closing it's a bad sign.......

The 30's crowd goes to little Tokyo now. It's packed many nights, but there were some big college games yesterday.

BD I'm not misconceived at all. I understand business well....very well. I'm looking for justification in which the BOE has not provided and neither have you.

Aces's is now contimplating filing a FOIA (freedom of information act) request to the BOE prior to any public hearing. What good is a public hearing if we the public don't have all the information in our hands that the board does. This has come to light because of very little discussion at the board meetings and the publics distrust that the board has released all their findings about all the studies they have done on the schools. I agree with this 100%. We must know all the facts before a public hearing can take place. There is no trust between this board and the community so therfor we need to take any action necessary to obtain ALL the information that the board has. We all need to keep reading and keeping up to date with what ACES is doing. This is important people.

Are you saying that Albemarle doesn't have a influx of money and growth and New London and Badin does? Albemarle has two sub divisions, with one being almost completely filled with new homeowners... Albemarle just built a new shopping village that will add....hmm maybe 100 new jobs and probably will attract a few small businesses. yeah I'll bow out. And you have no dog in This fight.

I think the issue is that people are moving into the North Stanly district helping to keep their enrollments somewhat steady or keeping their children in the school district as a higher rate than in Albemarle. Remember that North has the largest portion of the enrollment at Grey Stone but they have still kept their enrollment numbers much higher than AHS.

The businesses that are coming to Albemarle are going to offer very few good paying jobs that would afford a single adult a decent quality of life. In Albemarle the jobs are fast food and retail when industry is probably what is needed.

Finally a valid response.

A one point in time Albemarle was the jewel of Stanly County. If there was an open enrollment 20 years ago with the option to go to Albemarle, the student body would have almost doubled. The violent act at the beginning of the year all but doomed Albemarle. That's why parents are moving away, adding that yes Albemarle has no major companies besides performed lines which is German based I believe.

Hopefully something will change.

BD are you an expert in economics or even a businessman? You seem to have a 1/2 educated opinion in regards to Albemarle and the economics behind it.

Let me break it down for you and here are the facts. There is currently new business construction in Albemarle unlike any other city in stanly county. Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx amongst others. Now do you really believe these stores are going to put the investment into a city that is on the downward economically? If you say yes you are obviously less educated than I thought.

Additionally what you will see and this is a fact supported by a bunch of research is a decrease in property values of around 25% when AHS closes additionally you are going to see a drop in retail sales of around 10%. There are more economic factors that will have impact on Albemarle that I really don't have the time to go in to. What this gives you is less money for the schools as a net result. So now there is the economic impact simply put.

Additionally you have the impact on students. I live 2mi away from AHS and my kids are on the bus for around 50min. See you and a lot of the people that are for the school closure speak of the downward student population at AHS but what you don't think about is the redistricting should have been done because AHS has no room to grow. If you adjusted the district lines where they should be on all sides of AHS you would see a student population increase of about 150 kids.

Now what do we really see? We see an all out bias towards AHS essentially I can go into detail on how different things have been done or "held" up that had a direct negative impact on AHS. A matter of fact we lost some kids because they were sick and tired of the bias as it is hurting the kids.

These kids at AHS are great kids by majority. If this board actually gave a damn and took into account ALL kids maybe just maybe they would accomplish something that would help the academic standing of our schools. If you want to close a school close NSHS there is absolutely 0 justifications to keep it open over AHS or SSHS. Except for the buddy network.

BD, Nation may didn't give you a business model, which is a ridiculous thing to ask anyone on a social network, but he did give you facts....

I think the issue is that people are moving into the North Stanly district helping to keep their enrollments somewhat steady or keeping their children in the school district as a higher rate than in Albemarle. Remember that North has the largest portion of the enrollment at Grey Stone but they have still kept their enrollment numbers much higher than AHS.

The businesses that are coming to Albemarle are going to offer very few good paying jobs that would afford a single adult a decent quality of life. In Albemarle the jobs are fast food and retail when industry is probably what is needed.
Btango I respect your opinion as always but AHS also doesn't have a 8mi radius minimal around their school either like every other school in the county. If AHS had an equivalent district size as NSHS and WS what would their student population be?

And let's put facts into place in regards to AHS decorated athletics program. True the football team was down this year but also got a really late start surprisingly after the surprise open enrollment announcement for a week LOL. But I believe last years team of course if the forfeits would not have happened would have been in the 3rd or 4th rd.
Basketball wise here are the rewards the last two years feel free to compare to any other in the county.
Conference championships 3
Conference tourney championships 1
District championships 3
Sectional championships 3
Team scholar awards 2

We also won a state title in the 400m last year thanks to Mr. Ellis :)

Reactions: sway1532
Btango I respect your opinion as always but AHS also doesn't have a 8mi radius minimal around their school either like every other school in the county. If AHS had an equivalent district size as NSHS and WS what would their student population be?

The position of my post had nothing to do with district size but a comparison of the schools over a peiod of time. AHS has actually had an increase in district size since the county / city merger although a small one out Ridge Street. I am in agreement that the district lines for AHS need to be expanded west ward toward Endy. As I have always stated redistricting can most likely save AHS but SSHS's enrollment cannot be fixed with redistricting.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
I agree. But let's look at the whole district not just the west side but let's say we take the NS side out and meet in the middle of the distance between both schools. Let's put these boundaries where they should be and what would AHS population be? I mean here is the BOE amongst others saying declining population but there is very little room in the current district to build on population. However you have seen new subdivisions popping up in Alemarle city limits so even though you have a slight growth in ALbemarle that is not reflecting in AHS because of the district lines. So we are closing a city school because of declining population but keeping rural schools who have 2/3 of the county for district including both schools coming a descent distance into Albemarle city limits within 2 mi of AHS. So it's not that Albemarle is declining in population it's the fact that the new growth is on the outer edge of Albemarle which is typical. I don't see housing developments going up within 1 or 2 mi of north stanly or WS by the way. To me it looks like the steadying of NS student population is due to the growth inside Albemarle city limits that just happens to be in the districting NS. You and I agree the lines should have been moved because they make no sense in regards to the city limits and are completely outdated. I think the BOE knows that and knows if they move those lines NS is clearly the one that needs to be shutdown. The bias towards AHS is the driving force of this BOE from everything I have seen.

Let me break it down for you and here are the facts. There is currently new business construction in Albemarle unlike any other city in stanly county. Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx amongst others. Now do you really believe these stores are going to put the investment into a city that is on the downward economically? If you say yes you are obviously less educated than I thought.

Additionally what you will see and this is a fact supported by a bunch of research is a decrease in property values of around 25% when AHS closes additionally you are going to see a drop in retail sales of around 10%. There are more economic factors that will have impact on Albemarle that I really don't have the time to go in to. What this gives you is less money for the schools as a net result. So now there is the economic impact simply put.

I think the retailers see an economy in Albemarle that justifies them opening a business on the bypass. Those stores will serve more than just Albemarle but I do not know if the opening of the stores relates to an increase in the school age population. There is a lot of traffic on that road and I would think that is what the businesses see along with the success of other businesses there.

If AHS closes I am not sure we will see a drop of 25% due to the already low housing prices and other factors that may have some influence. Some feel that house prices have remained stagnant partially due to the issues that exist at AHS? I was told last school year that a majority of students at AHS do not live in residences that their parents own. I cannot verify that with any documentation but the person that told me would have some idea of this. That would not surprise me though as I do not see that as just Albemarle. I have been told by several people that they did not move into the county or they moved out of the county, not just Albemarle, due to concern with the school system as a whole although the people work in the county. Their fear was not schools closing but strictly educational. Where does the city council and chamber of commerce stand on this? I would think those entities would be out front leading the charge.

Homeowners near Stanly Community College and west are concerned that their neighborhoods and homes will be districted to AHS for high school. The number one concern I have heard is the issues of academics and discpline at AHS with number two concern being drop in housing values. They are not closing a school but being redistricted. I have a strong belief that housing prices are determined as much by the schools performance, perception, and reputation, as it is by having one in the town. Just my personal opinion.

I do not think subdivisions should be split up. I think students should attend the school closest to them unless there is a major geograpical or logistical reason for the where the line is drawn. The neighborhood that runs between Highway 52 and Snuggs Park Road is one of the main ones in question. One of my complaints has been West students traveling farther to WSMS and WSHS than they would AMS and AHS to school. I would not fight that and then move students and do the opposite.

The issue when North, located just over five miles from AHS, closes is the disbursement of the students. Geographically speaking AHS is much easier split and I think it should be to two schools as West would only receive a few students from its district lines with North and possibly South.

If the AHS building and grounds were located where NSHS I think the decision would be much easier as I am not sold the county seat requires the a high school to be physically located inside its city limits. The reason I would have support for AHS staying open if a school is closing is due to the facility and available land. Even if you sent 90% or even every NSHS student to AHS and could add the needed classroom space to accomodate them you still have the same item I have brought up numerous times, SSHS, which will still be limited on the numbers they can attain within a reasonable district with expanded lines.

I think the retailers see an economy in Albemarle that justifies them opening a business on the bypass. Those stores will serve more than just Albemarle but I do not know if the opening of the stores relates to an increase in the school age population. There is a lot of traffic on that road and I would think that is what the businesses see along with the success of other businesses there.

If AHS closes I am not sure we will see a drop of 25% due to the already low housing prices and other factors that may have some influence. Some feel that house prices have remained stagnant partially due to the issues that exist at AHS? I was told last school year that a majority of students at AHS do not live in residences that their parents own. I cannot verify that with any documentation but the person that told me would have some idea of this. That would not surprise me though as I do not see that as just Albemarle. I have been told by several people that they did not move into the county or they moved out of the county, not just Albemarle, due to concern with the school system as a whole although the people work in the county. Their fear was not schools closing but strictly educational. Where does the city council and chamber of commerce stand on this? I would think those entities would be out front leading the charge.

Homeowners near Stanly Community College and west are concerned that their neighborhoods and homes will be districted to AHS for high school. The number one concern I have heard is the issues of academics and discpline at AHS with number two concern being drop in housing values. They are not closing a school but being redistricted. I have a strong belief that housing prices are determined as much by the schools performance, perception, and reputation, as it is by having one in the town. Just my personal opinion.

In regards to the 25% I believe we will see it in that ballpark. In the research I have seen this is typical. I prefer to look at areas that have done this and what the results have been. I took the time the other day to go through and research the economic impacts as well as academically and costs wise in those schools. To my surprise a lot of research and studies have been completed with all seeing similar results.

Additionally you mean because of the traffic on the bypass they located in Albemarle instead of the "booming" west side of the county on the same road? Or even the east side of the county where BD talks like new London is going to be a Mecca center for business. They chose, the experts of development in these multi million dollar businesses chose A declining Albemarle over those two areas?

Additionally let's redistrict and they have a right to move closer to WS or NS. Something tells me they won't. And if AHS is as bad as the rep you say so many wouldn't be fighting for it to stay open. Most of which are current parents and students.

Additionally you mean because of the traffic on the bypass they located in Albemarle instead of the "booming" west side of the county on the same road? Or even the east side of the county where BD talks like new London is going to be a Mecca center for business. They chose, the experts of development in these multi million dollar businesses chose A declining Albemarle over those two areas?

You are right these corporations have data and information that leads them where to build and they have the pockets to ride it out if things do not work immediately.

I think the reason to build on the bypass instead of western Stanly is because you can get shoppers from Anson, Montgomery, the southern and northern parts of the county in addition to Albemarle. In Locust you can drive 19 miles to a TJ Maxx and Hobby Lobby that are in the same strip mall. The one in Albemarle would be 14 miles the opposite direction. If those stores open in Locust they do not reach the additional people they are looking for. Richfield is the next area to see large growth but like western Stanly it will based on people driving to Charlotte or Concord for work.

When you take a city HS out of the city there is factual evidence that it has a negative impact on the city it's in. That number that has been avg is around 25% decrease in property values and a 10% reduction in retail sales. Additionally shuttering a HS over a long period and even a short period has shown no cost savings in fact a cost increase. These are studies that have been completed over a period of time across the country.

So let's use your philosophy on goto school closer to where you live. What would be the result just guessing on AHS student population?

You are right these corporations have data and information that leads them where to build and they have the pockets to ride it out if things do not work immediately.

I think the reason to build on the bypass instead of western Stanly is because you can get shoppers from Anson, Montgomery, the southern and northern parts of the county in addition to Albemarle. In Locust you can drive 19 miles to a TJ Maxx and Hobby Lobby that are in the same strip mall. The one in Albemarle would be 14 miles the opposite direction. If those stores open in Locust they do not reach the additional people they are looking for. Richfield is the next area to see large growth but like western Stanly it will based on people driving to Charlotte or Concord for work.

They do have the pockets but you are talking o someone who deals with large corporations on a daily basis if you think that they are going to make an investment that they may have to lose on for awhile you are crazy. You know as well as I do they opened here because of the great retail sales and potential for new business coming in. They didn't open in Locust because of the lack of retail sales. Meaning people don't stay in locust to shop they go elsewhere if they thought the potential was there along with population they would have built there in a minute. To put in a simple term the growth and population didn't justify the investment. That's why the only major retailer there is Walmart and food lion. That's something Locust and Richfield have in common. Well if you want to count Walmart express.

Additionally let's be honest here if the potential growth and sales justified the investment in Locust they would do it in a heartbeat. Same with Richfield.

Plan B just closes and wipes out Albemarle completely and it isn't fair or Right. Plan A makes it possible to start over and re brand Stanly County Schools. In that plan No One is treated like crap. All plan B is going to do is throw out some good Fans. Not all of Us are ready to pull for North Stanly
I will wear blue but not that shade!!!

They do have the pockets but you are talking o someone who deals with large corporations on a daily basis if you think that they are going to make an investment that they may have to lose on for awhile you are crazy. You know as well as I do they opened here because of the great retail sales and potential for new business coming in. They didn't open in Locust because of the lack of retail sales. Meaning people don't stay in locust to shop they go elsewhere if they thought the potential was there along with population they would have built there in a minute. To put in a simple term the growth and population didn't justify the investment. That's why the only major retailer there is Walmart and food lion. That's something Locust and Richfield have in common. Well if you want to count Walmart express.

Corporations open retail fronts and other operations with a projections for profitiability and initial losses regularly. Even small businesses look at cost of planning / opening in comparison to running costs and income.

The stores going in Albemarle would not be built in western Stanly due to density of the population in the area and the shopping opportunities in nearby areas. I expect that not only was the population factored in when planning the stores but also demographics among other things.

I would not expect a school being built or closed would be based on shopping patterns or customer numbers but more likely on population factors to include projected growth and school age population and young adult population.

Last edited:
Corporations open retail fronts and other operations with a projections for profitiability regularly. Even small businesses look at cost of planning / opening in comparison to running costs and income.

The stores going in Albemarle would not be built in western Stanly due to density of the population in the area and the shopping opportunities in nearby areas. I expect that not only was the population factored in when planning the stores but also demographics among other things.

I would not expect a school being built or closed would be based on shopping patterns or customer numbers but more likely on population factors to include projected growth and school age population and young adult population.

Shopping patterns have nothing to do with schools except these stores won't invest unless they feel certain they will have an ROI. However city HS through extensive research has proven if you close one in a city especially the size of Albemarle there is a negative economic impact. This is something you cannot disagree with. Facts are facts.

The facts are there is absolutely zero justification for closing AHS. Without a major investment of around $14 million those kids cannot go to WS or NS furthermore like you said the school which is ready and available to house more kids is AHS. AHS has a community around it and closing it would have a negative impact. Academically if the BOE and powers to be focused as much on academics as they have closing the school we would be further along academically. Or maybe not because they didn't even do ALL of their homework before announcing the plan, still didn't use a independent 3rd party for the transportation surgery and haven't even evaluated all options on the table to even justify if this is the right move or if redistricting is.

The analysis I have done points to redistricting as being the best option if closing a school is of choice NS would be the top choice because it has no community, building is in need of dramatic repairs, and they are reliant on Albemarle city limits to remain steady in enrollment.

When I graduated college I knew several who majored in working at Hobby Lobby and TJ Maxx! Nothing says you have a booming economy like bringing in cheap retail stores! Come on nation... I'm referring to industry and professional job opportunities. You are still thinking narrow mind set. You have to look at things bigger than you are. Yeah it sucks but you have yet to explain what the draw to Albemarle is except your feelings are hurt if it closes. You can go on and on about nothing, and you have btw, but the bottom line is the bottom line. Money talks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT