ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle @ West Stanly

Maybe maybe not but does it help not having him? Also considering he returns kicks as well it would have made a bit of a difference. Also I believe he is our starting qb but they move him around as well plus he plays defense. He is really impressive for being 14.
Also I said earlier when I watched the Thomasville game online that if we kept running that kid like that with no blocking that he would get hurt or quit. Now he's hurt and I suspect if he is serious about his football career he will be on the first bus out of town for next season. Sad but true.

Also I said earlier when I watched the Thomasville game online that if we kept running that kid like that with no blocking that he would get hurt or quit. Now he's hurt and I suspect if he is serious about his football career he will be on the first bus out of town for next season. Sad but true.

Lol he got hurt at practice. Gee I don't know Susan why don't you come in and show them how to coach. First bus out of town really? Get out of here lol. Why so he can go to the schools that were bashing these kids? I mean I am sure all these schools around here have colleges walking in the doors asking what kids do we have for them. Lol understand that we took a hit the last two years of you think those plans being on the table didn't have a huge impact on them and the community your crazy. We have the stability back great coaches and we are going the right direction.

Whenever you have a new coach with young athletes it takes time. If you have a coach that has been there you still dip but not as much because you are established.

If you want to support AHS great if not fine. Bottom line is like it or not we have work to do. It's going to take a year or two to start hitting on all cylinders again.

And for the record while looking at the negative you may not know that two years ago we had a state champion in track and they represented us at state as a team, our tennis this past year represented us at state, two years ago we had both boys and girls basketball teams at regionals girls lost in the seni and boys lost a tough one in the finals. Additionally girls basketball this past season won the Conf tourney championship despite losing 7 of their top players from the regional team and being inexperienced.

Make no mistake we are young we will struggle but there is a HUGE upside. Just support them and give them time or just wait and jump on the bandwagon when it rolls around lol. Makes no difference but these kids have huge goals are working their tails off to represent their community to the best of their ability and me I am proud of that and will support them.

I am a betting man...and I will take anyone's bet on this one. Both squads have j.v. aged players, but SD had only one scoring threat against North Stokes. North Stokes is no where close to the level of a Thomasville, Concord, or even West Stanly program. In fact, it was said prior to the game that whoever lost when they played SD may go winless. Don't get me wrong...I am happy for the SD faithful and they earned that win, but with only 14 guys dressed that game I just don't see them finishing the season. If they can survive the NS and WM and EM and NM games, maybe they will finish....but, at some point injuries play a role. I can't see any varsity starting a game with fewer than 14...and that is where they were two weeks ago. Maybe someone from SD can correct me on the numbers since then. (For the record, I again tip my hat to coach Tippett over there. Not many could keep 14 boys in a position to win...much less actually win the game. I would like to see him with a program that didn't have a losing history. He is a fine coach.)
True abut Coach Tippett

Lol he got hurt at practice. Gee I don't know Susan why don't you come in and show them how to coach. First bus out of town really? Get out of here lol. Why so he can go to the schools that were bashing these kids? I mean I am sure all these schools around here have colleges walking in the doors asking what kids do we have for them. Lol understand that we took a hit the last two years of you think those plans being on the table didn't have a huge impact on them and the community your crazy. We have the stability back great coaches and we are going the right direction.

Whenever you have a new coach with young athletes it takes time. If you have a coach that has been there you still dip but not as much because you are established.

If you want to support AHS great if not fine. Bottom line is like it or not we have work to do. It's going to take a year or two to start hitting on all cylinders again.

And for the record while looking at the negative you may not know that two years ago we had a state champion in track and they represented us at state as a team, our tennis this past year represented us at state, two years ago we had both boys and girls basketball teams at regionals girls lost in the seni and boys lost a tough one in the finals. Additionally girls basketball this past season won the Conf tourney championship despite losing 7 of their top players from the regional team and being inexperienced.

Make no mistake we are young we will struggle but there is a HUGE upside. Just support them and give them time or just wait and jump on the bandwagon when it rolls around lol. Makes no difference but these kids have huge goals are working their tails off to represent their community to the best of their ability and me I am proud of that and will support them.
Nation, is anyone allowed to have an opinion without you writing a 10 page essay explaining how awesome AHS is right now? Wether the kid got hurt in practice or game, he is a product of overuse injury of a 14 year old playing on a Jv team with a varsity schedule. There is still no excuse for us to put a team of this caliber on the field. And the fact that our volleyball and soccer teams are just as bad is a biproduct of our current situation at AHS. We had a good Jv Fb team two years ago, so we should have a competitive varsity now. Instead yes everyone is taking the first bus it of town for a better education and a better athletic experience. You can be in denial all you want but facts are facts. Our athletic program from top to bottom is in complete shambles. We won't beat NS in football or basketball for the second year in a row. It's getting out of hand. It's starting to get to the point now to where you are starting to lose all credibility with some of the statements you make. I want to see us back to where we were the last 15 years. And currently we are in uncharted territory of anything AHS has ever seen. I sincerely doubt our kids are currently having a positive playing experience on any sport right now. Time shall tell my friend.

Nation, is anyone allowed to have an opinion without you writing a 10 page essay explaining how awesome AHS is right now? Wether the kid got hurt in practice or game, he is a product of overuse injury of a 14 year old playing on a Jv team with a varsity schedule. There is still no excuse for us to put a team of this caliber on the field. And the fact that our volleyball and soccer teams are just as bad is a biproduct of our current situation at AHS. We had a good Jv Fb team two years ago, so we should have a competitive varsity now. Instead yes everyone is taking the first bus it of town for a better education and a better athletic experience. You can be in denial all you want but facts are facts. Our athletic program from top to bottom is in complete shambles. We won't beat NS in football or basketball for the second year in a row. It's getting out of hand. It's starting to get to the point now to where you are starting to lose all credibility with some of the statements you make. I want to see us back to where we were the last 15 years. And currently we are in uncharted territory of anything AHS has ever seen. I sincerely doubt our kids are currently having a positive playing experience on any sport right now. Time shall tell my friend.

Girls basketball hasn't lost to NS in 3 years. Prior to that North had won I don't even know how many years straight.

In case you hadn't noticed north guys got a couple of new kids...... Interesting.....

Additionally how many kids have you spoken too? Any?

Additionally you are welcome to your opinion....coach LOL. Maybe you should come in and help

Sure glad girls basketball and tennis is successful...please who gives a s**t, what does that have to do with football team. How many girl point guards are dressed out on friday, is serena williams playing free safety?

Also newsflash its football injuries happen. Just like one of albemarles best players getting hurt in warmups last season before the Tville game.

I will agree AHS is in unchartered waters. You didn't see the resources ripped from AHS over the past 2yrs. Support the school and programs trust me they will be back, it won't happen over night. Honestly with everything the school has been through the last two years that's really unfair to expect lol. We do have some great kids coming up and great core AHS will rebound well out of this.

Sure glad girls basketball and tennis is successful...please who gives a s**t, what does that have to do with football team. How many girl point guards are dressed out on friday, is serena williams playing free safety?

Missed the point. Not all programs are down at AHS. That was the point it will take time for these kids to mature and get stronger. Support them be patient the kids want it and are working hard.

1-10 is the best possibility.

I would like to see Albemarle sore up that God awful defense. I hope these kids learn a valuable lesson after this season. "LIFT WEIGHTS"!!! Preferably the Lower body...

Love that the "resources" were ripped!! You mean the 365 rule enacted and enforced!! LOL at the "we'll be back" posters..... Alb. middle hasn't finished in the top three in middle school in 5 years FYI. If that's the pipeline to the high school, which it is, get used to your spot in the bottom three of what is one of the weakest football conferences in 1A football. Enjoy!! Been a long time coming.

Reactions: atucker2
1-10 is the best possibility.

I would like to see Albemarle sore up that God awful defense. I hope these kids learn a valuable lesson after this season. "LIFT WEIGHTS"!!! Preferably the Lower body...

What I understand they have been in the weight room. Honestly coach Mason has to build up the program from the bottom up.

Love that the "resources" were ripped!! You mean the 365 rule enacted and enforced!! LOL at the "we'll be back" posters..... Alb. middle hasn't finished in the top three in middle school in 5 years FYI. If that's the pipeline to the high school, which it is, get used to your spot in the bottom three of what is one of the weakest football conferences in 1A football. Enjoy!! Been a long time coming.

You keep talking about this but no recruiting violations. Nobody report or did they make bonefied moves into the district?

BDHARRIS is talking about folklore. That's all they know in moco. Big Foot and all...

You keep talking about this but no recruiting violations. Nobody report or did they make bonefied moves into the district?

Wasn't it stated that the LEA had to do the enforcing? Yeah....like the Alb. BOE would report Alb. violations!!! $10K plus at home games on Friday nights and someone is going to investigate??? LOL.... it's in the past and it's common knowledge. Like I said, enjoy the 5. There won't be anymore!

Reactions: atucker2
Wasn't it stated that the LEA had to do the enforcing? Yeah....like the Alb. BOE would report Alb. violations!!! $10K plus at home games on Friday nights and someone is going to investigate??? LOL.... it's in the past and it's common knowledge. Like I said, enjoy the 5. There won't be anymore!

That's odd because the transfers must have began straight out of the womb. My son played at Albemarle from 2001-2004. I have a picture of the entire Albemarle Youth Football Team (Age 9). And guess what? It's the same kids that he graduated with. Not sure where all of these players supposedly came from. It couldn't have been from Stanly County because everybody SUCKED!

it is this exact type of opinion/ mindset that has these young men and women thinking its ok to jump ship. Facts are your not always going to be the top dog and things aren't always going to be easy, but its at that exact moment when you realize that is when you determine the type of person you will grow into you can be a quitter and leave your friends and your school behind or you can dig deep and better yourself and help make all things better by putting a value on the things you have grown up with ,take some pride in yourself and say look I did that and I helped out. Instead a lot of kids and parents have tucked tail and looked for the easy way out. Opinion's are great and everybody has one and your welcome to yours ,what I mean is look at south Davidson 14 guys 14 and they haven't given up I'd take those 14 guys any day because it takes heart miles and miles of it. and those guys will learn a lot about what they can do when its tough. a quitter will always be a quitter

Evidently MoCo doesn't enforce the 365 rule either, BD. How about the W kid who is playing for WM now who transferred from North Stanly? His parents are still living on this side of the river.

Inventory of AHS Football:
Negatives:
  • Current players are inexperienced, small, slow.
  • A few fickle fans whose posts on message boards seem designed to belittle and discourage them
  • People living in the past
Positives:
  • Experienced and dedicated coaches who have ties to the community (if the fickle fans don't run them off)
  • Faculty and administration who are supportive of the kids
  • Community that is vocal and active in their efforts to keep the school open
  • Many fans who will support the team regardless of record (Thank you, Buddy Rich and the new and old NCC'ers)
  • An opportunity to use the adversity they will suffer this year to build a team bond and dedication to a shared goal of getting better

Inventory of AHS Football:
Negatives:
  • Current players are inexperienced, small, slow.
  • A few fickle fans whose posts on message boards seem designed to belittle and discourage them
  • People living in the past
Positives:
  • Experienced and dedicated coaches who have ties to the community (if the fickle fans don't run them off)
  • Faculty and administration who are supportive of the kids
  • Community that is vocal and active in their efforts to keep the school open
  • Many fans who will support the team regardless of record (Thank you, Buddy Rich and the new and old NCC'ers)
  • An opportunity to use the adversity they will suffer this year to build a team bond and dedication to a shared goal of getting better

Post of the week! Well said.

I feel like I'm reading a script for Friday Night Lights 2: Fall of the Champions....... Cue the Bruce Springsteen music... Scene 1: "Glory Days" plays softly in the background as a bunch of men gather around a table hashing out the team that most likely will only have 2-3 wins to look forward to in the foreseeable future or until their beloved school, once dominant, is mercifully shut down. My how the mighty have fallen. The smell of hot dogs, popcorn and money no longer fill the night air at Albemarle High School. Only memories of the past and stale beer fill the air in the room now.

Scene 2: Instead of attending Friday night football games the contingent have decided that State Titles are their birthrights and have dug out the archived video tapes and DVDs of the hallowed championship years, will watch them religiously and make fabricated home made trophies with the current years on them so they can continue to claim supremacy over all that question their athletic achievements from here to eternity.

Scene 3: Movie cancelled after scene two due to hysterical laughter from opposing fans at the score from the actual game that is being played.

Last edited:
Reactions: justanotherfan46
Check with Stanly County schools. The kid wanted to remain at North and SCS did not allow him back.

What district does the student live in? West Montgomery or a Stanly County district?

Launch the investigation boys..... You certainly have plenty of time on your hands!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT