ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle @ West Stanly

Hope to see my first game this fri night. I will then give my personal honest opinion of this team. I don't expect much especially against a very good EM team. Given the fact that nothing happens I think we are probably 2 years away from being competitive. That is if this current group sticks together and toughs this year out... Hate to say it but 0-11 is a real possibility. Prove me wrong guys. I am still behind you. Go Dogs.....

Reactions: susancoleman
Hope to see my first game this fri night. I will then give my personal honest opinion of this team. I don't expect much especially against a very good EM team. Given the fact that nothing happens I think we are probably 2 years away from being competitive. That is if this current group sticks together and toughs this year out... Hate to say it but 0-11 is a real possibility. Prove me wrong guys. I am still behind you. Go Dogs.....
0-11 is a reality @Buddy Rich.

I already have my personal opinion, we're "Young". This is a J.V. team, and if we were playing anybody else's J.V. squad, Albemarle will be 1-1 and a toss up between T-Ville..

Reactions: Buddy Rich
I already have my personal opinion, we're "Young". This is a J.V. team, and if we were playing anybody else's J.V. squad, Albemarle will be 1-1 and a toss up between T-Ville..
@sway1532 Our Jv teams of the past would beat this team like a drum. This is a below average Jv team. They couldn't even line up right on defense. That has nothing to do with age.

Reactions: sway1532
Another thing we don't know Susan is how this group and our new coach are connecting. Lot of unknowns at this stage.....
@Buddy Rich I did hear tonight that we did have an offensive and defensive back quit last week. Not sure his name because our coaches don't update their maxpreps page but it may be the scat back Lilly from last year. I did not see him out there or on the sideline. He is one that we will miss if this is true. Can anyone confirm if Lilly is off the team?

Sway I'm not so sure, Albemarle freshmen finish only in 4th place last year in middle school football.

Found out. Lilly has been gone for 2 weeks. Understand they were shocked he lasted this long.......
Thanks for he confirmation @Buddy Rich. Again it's hard to tell who we have playing because our coaches don't update anything on maxpreps. I follow our volleyball and soccer teams on maxpreps but football still has players from last year. I have emailed the principal and has forwarded to the AD and football coach with no response. This is unfortunate for our AHS fans trying to stay in the loop. This was two weeks ago.

unless they/Albemarle are holding some players out and have something up their sleeve , this team and coach could go 0-11 this year. they better be ready of the sd's and cc's .this team will break some records this year but not in a good way. When is the last time chatham or south Davidson beat Albemarle?

South Davidson or Chatham has never beating Albemarle, those were basically tune up games for Thomasville towards the end of the year.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but we will lose every game this year. I wasn't at the game Friday, but it just seemed like West Stanly intimidated Albemarle to the point they didn't want to tackle....

South Davidson or Chatham has never beating Albemarle, those were basically tune up games for Thomasville towards the end of the year.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but we will lose every game this year. I wasn't at the game Friday, but it just seemed like West Stanly intimidated Albemarle to the point they didn't want to tackle....
@sway1532 you may want to skip out on this years games. It will make you sick. The JV teams you are used to seeing are a lot better than what we have put on the field this year. I was more disappointed with the kids effort and lack of preparation than anything. There was several times WS would line up three receivers out wide and we only had one DB on them. West saw it but still ran the ball. One of those was a long td by Jackson with a handoff up the middle, and that was with 10 guys in the box! Our special teams are the worst I have seen on any level in the last 30 years. Our punt team averages around 10 yards per punt. West could have blocked every punt but choose to take the ball where it landed, which most of the time not even far enough for a first down. The only positive thing I saw, were our kids willing to get back up after being smacked in the mouth, play after play, after play, after play. It hurt to watch. Much respect to our kids for not quitting when the score should have been 35-0 in the first quarter. If I counted correctly they had 14 points on 3 plays and 21 points on 8 plays. Even Coach Mason's North Stanly teams from a few years ago would beat us, lol, sorry I had to. We will lose to CC and SD. My biggest question is can the team hold together week after week and finish the season. This is not going to be an easy task. My bulldogs have seen better days and hopefully brighter days are yet to come. Until then, OH MY.

Last edited:
You will not lose to SD. I was at their only win and have been very complimentary of the effort they have made, but they are limited to only 4 or 5 subs. The team they beat will in all likehood go winless this year. Unless AHS has a bunch to quit, you will outlast them, in my opinion. I like the effort the SD coaches are making with their bunch, but their average punt would have been about 12 yards the night I saw them. Tradition will matter in an even match.

You will not lose to SD. I was at their only win and have been very complimentary of the effort they have made, but they are limited to only 4 or 5 subs. The team they beat will in all likehood go winless this year. Unless AHS has a bunch to quit, you will outlast them, in my opinion. I like the effort the SD coaches are making with their bunch, but their average punt would have been about 12 yards the night I saw them. Tradition will matter in an even match.
I hope you are right. But were you at the game last night? Also SD's jv's beat us last year. If I were a betting woman, I would go with SD.

I am a betting man...and I will take anyone's bet on this one. Both squads have j.v. aged players, but SD had only one scoring threat against North Stokes. North Stokes is no where close to the level of a Thomasville, Concord, or even West Stanly program. In fact, it was said prior to the game that whoever lost when they played SD may go winless. Don't get me wrong...I am happy for the SD faithful and they earned that win, but with only 14 guys dressed that game I just don't see them finishing the season. If they can survive the NS and WM and EM and NM games, maybe they will finish....but, at some point injuries play a role. I can't see any varsity starting a game with fewer than 14...and that is where they were two weeks ago. Maybe someone from SD can correct me on the numbers since then. (For the record, I again tip my hat to coach Tippett over there. Not many could keep 14 boys in a position to win...much less actually win the game. I would like to see him with a program that didn't have a losing history. He is a fine coach.)

Was planning on it Pride, but my recovery from cancer treatment is going very slow. Just don't know at this point if I will be able. Would love to see you again. Hope you are well......
No worries Buddy. Hope your getting through things alright......

Albemarle is supposed to be running a Pistol "Full House" formation, but our backs are having a difficult time knowing where to go... That's no easy offense, but if ran right, can do some damage. I run it all the time in Madden lol!

Let's see what Mason is trying to do. We all knew that Albemarle was gonna get beat down this year, try not to act surprised lol.

You're right on the money sway. When practice began we were trying to run the pistol with full house, but the kids were having a hard time with it. Lots of fumbles, missed handoffs, etc. Think Mason went to the single wing for this reason. Now for a bold prediction. I think we will be in the pistol before the season is over.. Just remember you heard it here..lol

I remember Albemarle blanking West Montgomery 55-0 in 2009 on our way to our 4th championship. That was after West Montgomery "Failed" to win their "First" championship.

I won't lose any sleep this year or next I promise you..
Check that. During the regular season the score was 42 or 49 to 7 and the western regional score was 31-0

I am not sure if you would call it a true single wing but yes. Same offense from the Thomasville game. Direct snap to the RB.

Direct snap to the RB is the wildcat.

We were missing one of our top players last night which didn't help any either. Hopefully he is back this week.

Hey Buddy I hope you get better soon and can come out to enjoy some football.

Direct snap to the RB is the wildcat.

We were missing one of our top players last night which didn't help any either. Hopefully he is back this week.

Hey Buddy I hope you get better soon and can come out to enjoy some football.
Nation, freshman RB would have been a non factor and would not have made any difference in the score.

Reactions: atucker2
Football is not the only AHS sport struggling this fall. Volleyball hasn't won a game or even a match within a game and is ranked 70 of 72 in the state. Soccer won a game from forfeit, because a team didn't have enough players and is also winless and ranked 43 of 49. So technically football is our bright spot this fall with an 0-3 record and ranked 57 or 79.

Nation, freshman RB would have been a non factor and would not have made any difference in the score.

Maybe maybe not but does it help not having him? Also considering he returns kicks as well it would have made a bit of a difference. Also I believe he is our starting qb but they move him around as well plus he plays defense. He is really impressive for being 14.

Albemarle is supposed to be running a Pistol "Full House" formation, but our backs are having a difficult time knowing where to go... That's no easy offense, but if ran right, can do some damage. I run it all the time in Madden lol!

Let's see what Mason is trying to do. We all knew that Albemarle was gonna get beat down this year, try not to act surprised lol.
I actually remember most saying how good we looked against Thomasville and to wait until we play WS to start judging. That we could sneak up on them. Specifically @bulldog nation2014. We had zero chance of beating WS.

Football is not the only AHS sport struggling this fall. Volleyball hasn't won a game or even a match within a game and is ranked 70 of 72 in the state. Soccer won a game from forfeit, because a team didn't have enough players and is also winless and ranked 43 of 49. So technically football is our bright spot this fall with an 0-3 record and ranked 57 or 79.

Vball also is really young and inexperienced plus a new coach who is doing a great job. She has her work cut out for her but she will be fine. If you haven't way her coach you wouldn't know what I am talking about. They have been right there in a bunch of sets and just didn't finish. To get back to where they were will take time and hard work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT