ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle @ West Stanly

Buddy Rich

May 24, 2005
As for the game I think WS wins. By how much no one knows. However I don't think they'll take their foot off the gas, because of what we have done to them in the past.
As for Albemarle there are nothing but IF'S in the equation. If Mason hangs around a few years, if the staff stays intact, if the kids stay with it and continue to work hard, if the school can instill PRIDE back in it, if the fans will come out in bigger numbers, if, if if.......Then I believe we can build a winner again. However we have to be realistic. This team could go 0-11. Something we have to face. But I do believe we will win a couple of games. People I have seen Albemarle in the dumpster before. And I have seen us on the mtn top. Can we get there again. Sure, but it want happen over night. I for one am in it for the long haul...............

West Stanly will brutalize the Bulldogs. I'm waiting for the usual tools that will try and say that Albemarle will win. These same tools will have their epiphanies on how everything is fine in Bulldogland.

I get no pleasure from the Bulldogs losing. Guys like you deserve winners. Then you have the idiots who make the entire school look backwards.

West Stanly will brutalize the Bulldogs. I'm waiting for the usual tools that will try and say that Albemarle will win. These same tools will have their epiphanies on how everything is fine in Bulldogland.

I get no pleasure from the Bulldogs losing. Guys like you deserve winners. Then you have the idiots who make the entire school look backwards.
West has a better Oline, Dline, Qb, RB, WR's, DB, LB, punter, and coach. I am going to give the edge to WS. Right now I am thinking the score somewhere around 56-6 WS. Sad but true.

Reactions: atucker2
West has a better Oline, Dline, Qb, RB, WR's, DB, LB, punter, and coach. I am going to give the edge to WS. Right now I am thinking the score somewhere around 56-6 WS. Sad but true.

Tools? Really EF? Before the players can win, they've got to believe they can win.

Way to build the kids up, SC. I'm sure they will come out really fired up after reading how you view their talents.

Players read these boards too.

Tools? Really EF? Before the players can win, they've got to believe they can win.

Way to build the kids up, SC. I'm sure they will come out really fired up after reading how you view their talents.

Against Thomasville, I predicted an AHS upset. With Thomasville ultimately being down this year, it should have been a possibility. Instead we made Thomasville look like a state champion contender. Even our fans were convinced that Tville was the real deal. Being positive in a bad situation doesn't work, it only brings reality crashing down with unprecedented force every Friday night. If anything I hope the kids and coaches work harder to create a winning atmosphere. I want nothing more than to see AHS get back on track. I understand that the AHS football job is not as highly sought after as it was 5-10 years ago but I am just not sure we have the right pieces in tact. Time will tell. I only have video evidence from an online stream and friends in the stands, however I hope to make the game this Friday at WS and see for myself.

Buddy, the one thing you have going for you is the WS coach and half his staff are not from Stanly County. They probably have more of a mindset to get ahead and work on things than out and out revenge for previous years.
Oh I was told, even though the rb missed the 2nd half with cramps last night he still had 120 yards on 20 carries in the 1st half. I imagine his ypc may be more against a young defense.

Buddy, the one thing you have going for you is the WS coach and half his staff are not from Stanly County. They probably have more of a mindset to get ahead and work on things than out and out revenge for previous years.
Oh I was told, even though the rb missed the 2nd half with cramps last night he still had 120 yards on 20 carries in the 1st half. I imagine his ypc may be more against a young defense.
According to WMwarriors #3 Cameron Brown for WS is an incredible athlete.

According to WMwarriors #3 Cameron Brown for WS is an incredible athlete.

Some of the negativity on here is crazy. Look, everybody sees that AHS is overmatched and is going to lose a lot of games this year. The team can still improve and start to close the talent/conditioning gap, and they are working hard to do that.

I get that criticism is part of being a fan, but constantly bashing the team/program and/or talking on every thread about how the situation is past hope is pointless.

Let's get some perspective and let's have a little faith. . . .

Reactions: BulldogsFollower

I was not referring to you as a tool. You are being realistic.

It's fine if they get "all fired up", but that motivation won't take you but so far. You have to be committed to football the entire calendar year. The Albemarle team speed is slow, the strength is sub-par, and the stamina is really non-existent. If that gets them "fired up", they need to copy my post and "live and breathe" it for 365 days. The need to fall asleep in the gym. They need to push themselves to be quicker, faster.

The "tools" I'm talking about are the ones that believe that if we only say "good things" about the team, the players believe it. Obviously we live in a P.C. world, but some want to live on Fantasy Island and a few on this site like to point in the air going "The plane! The plane!". It's fine if you want to win....I love winning. There is a price to pay for winning and from looking at the current team, not much has been spent in the off-season. These kids are young, and many will not be on the team the next season. Anyone that insists otherwise is simply kidding themselves.

They have a better fan base. Albemarle's fan base should be called Elvis because they have "left the building".

Against Thomasville, I predicted an AHS upset. With Thomasville ultimately being down this year, it should have been a possibility. Instead we made Thomasville look like a state champion contender. Even our fans were convinced that Tville was the real deal. Being positive in a bad situation doesn't work, it only brings reality crashing down with unprecedented force every Friday night. If anything I hope the kids and coaches work harder to create a winning atmosphere. I want nothing more than to see AHS get back on track. I understand that the AHS football job is not as highly sought after as it was 5-10 years ago but I am just not sure we have the right pieces in tact. Time will tell. I only have video evidence from an online stream and friends in the stands, however I hope to make the game this Friday at WS and see for myself.

One your looking at a thomasville team that finished in the 3rd round but instilling a new offense etc. they will be fine come playoff time they have some very very good players. If you think WS who lost by 2 scorers to west Mont and west Mont and thomasville will probably be a great game like it was last year you are crazy. Simply I think WS will win by 2 TD's but don't sleep on them dogs. I am seeing the Bulldogs at 3-4 this year. I still think they will get one nobody is seeing. Not sure which one yet.

Looking forward to being out there Friday and supporting these Bulldogs!!!!

Thomasville did not play in the 3rd round last year. They lost to Mountain Heritage in the 2nd round.

Ok sorry they lost in the second rd in a tight game. NS just got smashed by a team that went 5-7 last year and lost 56-28 to concord who we played last night. And WE are YOUNG. Even heard SV started subbing in the 3rd quarter.

we got work to do but our ceiling is High. Like it or not we will be back to the top.

This thread isn't about Thomasville, North Stanly, or Concord, but it's about West Stanly and Albemarle.

Albemarle will not win next Friday. West Stanly will control the tempo, both on offense and on defense, and win easily. My question is whether West Stanly will have a running clock on the Bulldogs. I think there's a decent chance that will happen.

I have seen the Albemarle/Thomasville film that one of you posted, and a buddy showed me the West film from last night. West Stanly is every bit as good if not better than Thomasville especially up front, right now. Again, based on those films.

Reactions: susancoleman
This thread isn't about Thomasville, North Stanly, or Concord, but it's about West Stanly and Albemarle.

Albemarle will not win next Friday. West Stanly will control the tempo, both on offense and on defense, and win easily. My question is whether West Stanly will have a running clock on the Bulldogs. I think there's a decent chance that will happen.

I think this game stays tight until the second half and WS pulls away wins by 2TD's possibly 3. Like I said don't sleep on them.

I have seen the Albemarle/Thomasville film that one of you posted, and a buddy showed me the West film from last night. West Stanly is every bit as good if not better than Thomasville especially up front, right now. Again, based on those films.

I guess we will see this week as West Mont plays Tville.

I'm on the same page with you. West Stanly is an improved team. While someone on another thread lied and said others were saying they will win the state championship, they are not a team to take lightly.
Albemarle's "swiss cheese" defense will give the Colts ample opportunity to score early and often.

Maybe the Bulldog fans will show some pride and support their team. It is a county opponent but you know, the Bulldog fans may start whining about that long trip to Red Cross.

I'm on the same page with you. West Stanly is an improved team. While someone on another thread lied and said others were saying they will win the state championship, they are not a team to take lightly.
Albemarle's "swiss cheese" defense will give the Colts ample opportunity to score early and often.

Maybe the Bulldog fans will show some pride and support their team. It is a county opponent but you know, the Bulldog fans may start whining about that long trip to Red Cross.
I don't see AHS holding WS to less than 50 (12.5 pts per quarter), at best. I don't see AHS scoring more than 6, at best. Do the math.

I don't see AHS holding WS to less than 50 (12.5 pts per quarter), at best. I don't see AHS scoring more than 6, at best. Do the math.

It will be ugly. The spinsters, you know, the ones who praised Albemarle's talent in their 51-6 and 56-0 BRUTALIZATIONS, will find something to cheer about. Maybe a player will make an unassisted tackle. Maybe the Bulldoggie fan club will have fans numbering in the triple digits attend. They will spin it away from their own school and to another school. They will get mad and lose their tempers because their fragile egos can't handle the criticism. They love beating their chests about "dem glory years" but hate to admit that there is little hope for their team in the near future.

The Bulldog offense is a mess. Not sure if what they run really is the single wing. It's ugly and ineffective. Their defense does not tackle well at all. They will get destroyed on the lines against West Stanly.

Anyone believing that Albemarle can win is merely in denial.

Here is the thing until we play some teams that aren't monsters and we open the playbook up you don't know. WS is not concord and it's not Tville. In fact when is the last time they even competed for conference?

Let's see what these kids can do against teams in their division and at that point let's evaluate them. Fact they are young fact young kids are inconsistent and play at different levels essentially you don't know what you will get game to game. Fact they are not physically on the level of either team we have played as of right now.

This year it's simple they have a lot of learning and growing to do. The expectations are still there but your focus is simple get better everyday. This team today should be better 2 weeks from now etc of they are developing properly.

Tville getting beat by west Mont by 40 won't happen. I hope you own that prediction. As much respect as I have for west Mont and especially that coaching staff it won't happen it's going to be a hard fought game, especially playing at Tville.

Here is the thing until we play some teams that aren't monsters and we open the playbook up you don't know. WS is not concord and it's not Tville. In fact when is the last time they even competed for conference?

Let's see what these kids can do against teams in their division and at that point let's evaluate them. Fact they are young fact young kids are inconsistent and play at different levels essentially you don't know what you will get game to game. Fact they are not physically on the level of either team we have played as of right now.

This year it's simple they have a lot of learning and growing to do. The expectations are still there but your focus is simple get better everyday. This team today should be better 2 weeks from now etc of they are developing properly.

Tville getting beat by west Mont by 40 won't happen. I hope you own that prediction. As much respect as I have for west Mont and especially that coaching staff it won't happen it's going to be a hard fought game, especially playing at Tville.
Nation, I am going to hold you to these words as well this Friday and next. We are not on the same level as WS or EM. They are bigger, faster, stronger, better at football, and better coached. I don't see us having an advantage in any category.

Nation, I am going to hold you to these words as well this Friday and next. We are not on the same level as WS or EM. They are bigger, faster, stronger, better at football, and better coached. I don't see us having an advantage in any category.

Of course they are bigger lol we have what 15-18 freshman?

Those young fellas have to learn how to battle for 4 quarters until then it will be tough going. It's not doom and gloom for the Bulldogs. Just a matter of letting them develop and Coach Mason a chance to build the program.

West Montgomery started two sophomores and one freshman on the OL line night. Sr. lineman was out last night and will be this Friday night. All 278 lbs of him. Albemarle fans are struggling to come to grips with the fact that they once again are relegated to the bottom of the pile. Your program is barely over .500 winning percentage since the school opened and that includes the Gaster era where you won 90 percent or more of your games. GET OVER IT..... West may not have 5 rings but they have a winning percentage pushing 70 percent and that includes 35+ years of competing at the 2A level and during a time when 16 teams made the playoffs. Including a run of 12 years straight winning their conference. Albemarle was a flash in the pan team that benefited from the county's open enrollment policy and the fact that West Montgomery was going through a bad run of administration and SEVERAL players crossed the river to play. Enjoy the season. I for one know that every damn person outside of Albemarle is!

Of course they are bigger lol we have what 15-18 freshman?

Those young fellas have to learn how to battle for 4 quarters until then it will be tough going. It's not doom and gloom for the Bulldogs. Just a matter of letting them develop and Coach Mason a chance to build the program.
Does anyone have a roster for AHS? They do not update their maxpreps account for roster's or stats. As a bulldog fan trying to stay in the loop, this is really annoying. Keeping the fans in the loop is a part of getting fans back in the stands. Every team they play submits their stats and other information. I couldn't tell you 3 kids names on our roster. I would love to see how many fresh/soph/jr/seniors we have and their numbers. Out of the freshman/sophs, how many start and what positions do they play? Can anyone help out with this information instead of throwing out random numbers?

Last edited:
Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
West Montgomery started two sophomores and one freshman on the OL line night. Sr. lineman was out last night and will be this Friday night. All 278 lbs of him. Albemarle fans are struggling to come to grips with the fact that they once again are relegated to the bottom of the pile. Your program is barely over .500 winning percentage since the school opened and that includes the Gaster era where you won 90 percent or more of your games. GET OVER IT..... West may not have 5 rings but they have a winning percentage pushing 70 percent and that includes 35+ years of competing at the 2A level and during a time when 16 teams made the playoffs. Including a run of 12 years straight winning their conference. Albemarle was a flash in the pan team that benefited from the county's open enrollment policy and the fact that West Montgomery was going through a bad run of administration and SEVERAL players crossed the river to play. Enjoy the season. I for one know that every damn person outside of Albemarle is!
That was harsh @BDHarris, but unfortunately you are correct. We have flourished throughout the last 20 years through open enrollment. Once kids wanted out of AHS, open enrollment nearly killed our athletic program last year. North Stanly and West Stanly benefited from obtaining some of our really good athletes. We had our star running back transfer to North Stanly over the summer after participating in spring football with our current staff. We also had several others quit or not come out. I am afraid the days of AHS dominance is over. The only fix would be to close a couple high schools and I think AHS would be a casualty of this move. Back when I came through AHS in the early to late 80's we were really bad. The open enrollment of the 90's and dropping to 1a in the early 2000's was our saving grace.

Reactions: atucker2
Does anyone have a roster for AHS? They do not update their maxpreps account for roster's or stats. As a bulldog fan trying to stay in the loop, this is really annoying. Every team they play submits their stats and other information. I couldn't tell you 3 kids names on our roster. I would love to see how many fresh/soph/jr/seniors we have and their numbers. Out of the freshman/sophs, how many start and what positions do they play? Can anyone help out with this information instead of throwing out random numbers?

freshman (15) and sophomores (9) on varsity. 7 juniors and seniors.

There are Bulldogs and the Bullcrappers. The Bulldogs believed in hard work and dedication. The Bullcrappers are the ones "counting their rings", telling the kids how talented they are after 51-6 and 56-0 losses, always crying if someone tells the truth about the team and the school, and those PC whiners who want a trophy for everything. They love "spinning" the story away from their team because their team has been brutalized in two games. These Bullcrappers are the reasons why the real fans stay away from the games. They also have no class and no pride. Unfortunately the Bullcrappers have ran away the real fans via their little temper tantrums.

You have to look at the Toby Webb years, BD. Albemarle played Charlotte Schools and whooped Them during that time. I'll take Our History over most Schools. Ask Historians about Albemarle High School. We are here to learn Bd

Albemarle since 1958 355 wins 298 losses 5 state titles

West Montgomery since 1961 398-234 0 state titles

both programs are storied programs with a lot of accomplishments.

Last edited:
Reactions: BulldogsFollower
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT