ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle vs South Stanly

sway1532

Aug 15, 2011
Good matchup here. I believe they got the same record and This will be the game that decides who makes it to the playoffs (if you gotta win 5). Who ya got?

Have not seen South play. But I have seen scores and by the scores they have got better each game. Albe is better also I haven't made my mind up yet. Should be a great Friday night football game

This game could go either way. Both teams have improved over the year before. South has more talent but Albemarle is playing better.

After South’s one point lose to North Rowan I thought they would have the edge but after the West Montgomery blowout looks like the game will be close. I still think South will be favored.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
This will be a very close ball game. I think SS should win by 7, but it will be a contested battle.

Good win South. From what I caught, both teams had a turnover issues. That’s probably what’s holding these two teams back...

Albemarle continues to shoot themselves in the foot. At one point, Albemarle was about to score and turned it over..

I can tell the strain on the offense. Davis is pushing these guys and that’s a good thing, it’s all about mental toughness and that’s something they’ve been missing for years. These guys are running a brand new offense...and the stress and complexity is showing. Fumbling the ball by running into each other is a mental mistake; they probably practiced that play 100 times... and They got WM next week so they know what they’re up against.

I don’t expect these kinds of mental mistakes next year and going forward. Our QB is gonna have to really grow this off season, and our RB’s etc “NEED TO LIFT WEIGHTS”, that’s part of the “GAME”.. Most of our guys will be Juniors next year, so there won’t be many excuses, you had a whole year to prepare...

and If Davis can get a grip on that middle school program, the future will be bright again.

Anyways, again, Congrats South on the win

The opening drive last night was a thing of beauty..Then we self destructed...South didn't beat us..We beat ourselves once again...No discipline on this team..Just plain mental mistakes....Lets see what a year in the weight room will do.........

Reactions: sway1532
Not only weights @Buddy Rich , but GRIT also. Albemarle has to be the most penalized team in the YVC 90% coming from the O... and that’s because they’re running a real offense...you gotta execute.

Weights won’t improve the mental mistakes but maybe they’ll look bigger and stronger when they make them but all in all well pleased with their improvement from last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT