ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle vs Eastern Randolph

Hopefully this will help ER hit the reset button on their season. Anytime you win by a shutout that's a good thing.

Albemarle's offense has put up a total of 20 points in three games. The Bulldogs are better than last year but there is no depth at all to speak of.

No depth at all..out starting MLB and fb were out for the game and starting rb went out in first quarter...we have a long way to go...

Hey It happens...this is just signs of a young team. Taking nothing away from ER (in which I thought it was going to be a lot worse), Still 90% of the team is sophomores, I know there are 3 sophomores on the OL the QB is a sophomore and the RB...what did y'all expect. Thomasville is just that terrible lol...

I want to say I am sorry for not getting over to home side to say hello. My daughter came from Concord to watch little brother and my mother drove herself also which caused me to spend entire pre-game going back and forth to gate.
Wanted to add that everyone I came in contact with was extremely nice. Even had a good conversation in McDs after game with an older couple who complimented my son on game.

No depth at all..out starting MLB and fb were out for the game and starting rb went out in first quarter...we have a long way to go...
Knew the RB went out early. Did not know others were out. Hope they get healthy soon.
Did you guys notice ER could move ball pretty well until they turned it over? That is what has plagued them all year thus far.
Getting closer on offense though.

Thought the ER defense played very well...

But I am a little biased toward that side of the ball.

Reactions: steady99
Congrats to ER. AHS is moving in the right direction. This game would not have been competitive a year ago but AHS hung in there despite a ton of injuries. Baby steps.

This is a great OOC game for AHS and I hope the teams play again. The schools are relatively close together, a lot closer in size now than they were 10 years ago, and both have a solid FB tradition. As far as I know this year was the first-ever meeting. Let's get this game on the schedule again down the road.

Congrats to ER. AHS is moving in the right direction. This game would not have been competitive a year ago but AHS hung in there despite a ton of injuries. Baby steps.

This is a great OOC game for AHS and I hope the teams play again. The schools are relatively close together, a lot closer in size now than they were 10 years ago, and both have a solid FB tradition. As far as I know this year was the first-ever meeting. Let's get this game on the schedule again down the road.
AHS came to ER jamboree last year I believe. This year's Albemarle team is much better than that group and I guess most of same young men are playing. That shows growth by the team to me.

If they could have avoided some of those careless penalties (equipment, offsides, illegal procedure) last night's game may have been much closer.

ER still has to improve on both sides of the ball. Randleman and Andrews will be tough in conference games. Wheatmore beat SWR last night so they could be improved as well. We will see.

I am rambling. Good luck to AHS this year. My son is Senior so in the future will just be an interested observer.

Last edited:
Hats off to the Albemarle Bulldogs for continuing to compete and give it their all. Win, Lose, or Draw, I'm going to support my hometown team. My son plays DE and TE for Albemarle. I graduated from Albemarle in the 80's so I bleed the Royal Blue All my son knows is Albemarle being a winning program, so once he got to high school, I had to convince him of how many games we use to lose in the 80's. Yeah the teams we played were tougher then, but a loss is a loss. These guys playing now feel like they have to fill some shoes that we all would agree are worth filling because it equates to winning. Those old enough to know realize that high schools go through cycles and Albemarle has hit theirs. Along the way, we set the bar for all county/conference teams. Good luck to South, North and West Stanly this year.

You guys are right, the team is so young. Getting them to play consistently at a "Varsity" tempo is going to take time and effort from both coaches and players. I've seen these guys come through AYL and up through the ranks to where they are now so I'm very familiar with what the HC has on his hands. What's missing is proper training/technique is not being emphasized enough at the youth levels so the kids develop bad habits and don't know how to have fun. Some may have played youth league, but never got a chance to play. Now it's showing and we get to critique it weekly :). These kids are just not sure what to do or how to do it under certain situations, thus their tempo is going to be at a JV level or lower. The mere fact 9th and 10th graders have been forced to play at a varsity level tells me that Albemarle will be something to reckon with in a year or 2.

Hats off to all of the coaches who have served a 1 year tenure at Albemarle. The last 4 years have been a mess. It must be said, whether we liked those coach's or not, they tried to hold these guys together. My son was in the middle of it all and chose not to succumb to the politics and stuck it out by not leaving Albemarle as so many did. The new HC is an outstanding coach and is exactly what Albemarle needs. If he wants to do as he says and get Albemarle back to where Albemarle was not too long ago, he's going to have to devote some extra time in training at all levels of Albemarle's football program, including AYL. The kids need to know his name at a young age. Waiting until they are in High School is too late and that's what has happened with Albemarle's program. We're lucky this didn't rear it's head sooner. The old coaching staff from 4 years ago always complained about how they had to retrain the incoming 9th/10th graders, especially after Jack Gaster's tenure. But then, we had a JV team so young guys had time to develop.

With that said, these kids are doing their absolute best with the knowledge that they have and I commend them for getting out there and competing. With a little more time, we'll be able to get our bragging rights back. Go Bulldogs!!!

Congrats to ER
Hats off to the Albemarle Bulldogs for continuing to compete and give it their all. Win, Lose, or Draw, I'm going to support my hometown team. My son plays DE and TE for Albemarle. I graduated from Albemarle in the 80's so I bleed the Royal Blue All my son knows is Albemarle being a winning program, so once he got to high school, I had to convince him of how many games we use to lose in the 80's. Yeah the teams we played were tougher then, but a loss is a loss. These guys playing now feel like they have to fill some shoes that we all would agree are worth filling because it equates to winning. Those old enough to know realize that high schools go through cycles and Albemarle has hit theirs. Along the way, we set the bar for all county/conference teams. Good luck to South, North and West Stanly this year.

You guys are right, the team is so young. Getting them to play consistently at a "Varsity" tempo is going to take time and effort from both coaches and players. I've seen these guys come through AYL and up through the ranks to where they are now so I'm very familiar with what the HC has on his hands. What's missing is proper training/technique is not being emphasized enough at the youth levels so the kids develop bad habits and don't know how to have fun. Some may have played youth league, but never got a chance to play. Now it's showing and we get to critique it weekly :). These kids are just not sure what to do or how to do it under certain situations, thus their tempo is going to be at a JV level or lower. The mere fact 9th and 10th graders have been forced to play at a varsity level tells me that Albemarle will be something to reckon with in a year or 2.

Hats off to all of the coaches who have served a 1 year tenure at Albemarle. The last 4 years have been a mess. It must be said, whether we liked those coach's or not, they tried to hold these guys together. My son was in the middle of it all and chose not to succumb to the politics and stuck it out by not leaving Albemarle as so many did. The new HC is an outstanding coach and is exactly what Albemarle needs. If he wants to do as he says and get Albemarle back to where Albemarle was not too long ago, he's going to have to devote some extra time in training at all levels of Albemarle's football program, including AYL. The kids need to know his name at a young age. Waiting until they are in High School is too late and that's what has happened with Albemarle's program. We're lucky this didn't rear it's head sooner. The old coaching staff from 4 years ago always complained about how they had to retrain the incoming 9th/10th graders, especially after Jack Gaster's tenure. But then, we had a JV team so young guys had time to develop.

With that said, these kids are doing their absolute best with the knowledge that they have and I commend them for getting out there and competing. With a little more time, we'll be able to get our bragging rights back. Go Bulldogs!!!

Very very well stated!!!! I agree on Coach Davis as well. He is a great guy and the kids love playing for him.

Got to see them play for the first time this year and they are better than last year but they are for the most part a JV team competing against varsity teams. Hopefully they continue to improve and don't get discouraged if they lose more games. If they can cut down on the penalties and the mental mistakes it will help but that's just a part of being so young.

Got to see them play for the first time this year and they are better than last year but they are for the most part a JV team competing against varsity teams. Hopefully they continue to improve and don't get discouraged if they lose more games. If they can cut down on the penalties and the mental mistakes it will help but that's just a part of being so young.
They may be young but some of the guys on both offensive and defensive lines looked full grown from the stands.
If they keep improving at the skill positions with that beef in front of them Albemarle should be fine very soon.

Hey It happens...this is just signs of a young team. Taking nothing away from ER (in which I thought it was going to be a lot worse), Still 90% of the team is sophomores, I know there are 3 sophomores on the OL the QB is a sophomore and the RB...what did y'all expect. Thomasville is just that terrible lol...
Glad you said that, sway. I haven't wanted to pile on the Blue Dogs, but getting excited about beating Thomasville right now is fool's gold. Albemarle could be good....I don't know. But beating us by a touchdown isn't that impressive.
We could win as many as three games. But we could lose them all.

This is the first Albemarle team in years that is better than the year before's team. I see Albemarle beating South Davidson and Chatham Central and possibly North Moore and South Stanly. By 2019 the Bulldogs should be a force again as long as the players don't abandon the program and as long as your coach stays with the team. Hard to improve when you change coaches all the time.

This is the first Albemarle team in years that is better than the year before's team. I see Albemarle beating South Davidson and Chatham Central and possibly North Moore and South Stanly. By 2019 the Bulldogs should be a force again as long as the players don't abandon the program and as long as your coach stays with the team. Hard to improve when you change coaches all the time.

Our coach isn't going anywhere unless the powers to be wills it...he is building the program back to where it "Should" be :)

The kids will eventually regain interest in playing at Albemarle. I honestly believe the collateral damage era is over and it's back to football. I still say South Stanly/North Moore and CC are 2td's better than Albemarle at the least...

Although, this team would "smash" the 2015 Albemarle team but the 2014 team no so much lol...

Last edited:
Reactions: thekidd12
Our coach isn't going anywhere unless the powers to be wills it...he is building the program back to where it "Should" be :)

The kids will eventually regain interest in playing at Albemarle. I honestly believe the collateral damage era is over and it's back to football. I still say South Stanly/North Moore and CC is 2td's better than Albemarle at the least...

Although, this team would "smash" the 2015 Albemarle team but the 2014 team no so much lol...
Sway I agree on North Moore and with the scores I have seen South Stanly as well.

Chatham game could be interesting though.

Sway I agree on North Moore and with the scores I have seen South Stanly as well.

Chatham game could be interesting though.

South Stanly is interesting, they have had a couple of good weeks this Friday will be a matchup with west I am interested in. They played east mont really tough as well. Should be a good one

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Albemarle used to be one of the most physical teams in 1A. I believe once this group of kids are seniors, the opponents will be black and blue after playing the Bulldogs.

If this current team was playing a JV schedule, they'd win by 30+ points a night....

Guys, I hope you're right, but these sophomores didn't even win the middle school conference their 7th or 8th grade year.

Guys, I hope you're right, but these sophomores didn't even win the middle school conference their 7th or 8th grade year.

Which would have been 3-4 years ago...NS was loaded and talent goes in cycles, your comment makes absolutely no sense. We are looking to "compete" and give ourselves a chance to win. I.e. South Stanly played EM hard....that's what we're looking for...

Sometimes I ponder football smarts on this board

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT