ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle vs Eastern Randolph

bulldog nation2014

Feb 21, 2014
What's your thoughts? Hopefully our boys took the humble pie and got back to being engaged this week from the players on the field to the sideline. If we get our focus back and play disciplined football and stick to what we do I like our chances in a very tight game. 14-12 Albemarle

Albemarle is still unpolished...

I believe ER has a passing game, and our DB's clearly lack technique right now...gonna be another off balance approach.

ER 28 ALB 10

If ER does have success in their passing game they can move the ball some. The team must cut down on turnovers which have plagued them the first two games. Second half of Rockingham County game was much improved.

Keeping Albemarle from getting to the outside in running game looks like it will be the key.

Yes, a couple intentional Grounding calls don't help none
That personal foul still gets me. But all the penalties definitely did not help co
Albemarle is still unpolished...

I believe ER has a passing game, and our DB's clearly lack technique right now...gonna be another off balance approach.

ER 28 ALB 10

Tough to disagree with that. I am buying into the fact our young guys didn't come in focused and ready to play. They in my opinion thought with the score of the west stanly first game it was a wrap. I believe the boys dial back in and have a great week and show up on Friday to play. I think we are really talented but still have maturing to do. Anxious to see this game Friday night and see if the team that played Thomasville shows up or west stanly

Reactions: sway1532
Yeah, hopefully the team that played T-Ville shows up lol. T-Ville had just as good a QB as WS had which surprised me...

I'm sure he was told just that but why he continued to do it is another question. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes.

I'm sure he was told just that but why he continued to do it is another question. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes.

I think we will see this team continuously improve throughout the season into next year. I think we will see those moments being a young team. Overwhelmingly I think a huge factor was a lack of focus and a big head. Lol it was still amazing to see the night and day difference from the first game where they had very very few penalties to the game against west where it seemed at times they couldn't get out of their own way.

A couple of things I think we need to keep in mind is that not only are these kids young but they are also learning to compete and win. They will win some games the learning part will be not to get complacent with that one win and get back to work on Mondays.

Albemarle is about 90% sophomores....it's gonna happen. But Albemarle's QB could learn a thing or 2 from WS QB if he goes back and look at the film, that guy was pretty good.

Like I said before, all I want Albemarle to do this year is compete, that'll at least give them a chance to win. With T-Ville dropping 21 on a stout WM team, I know they were better than what we seen Friday...

Still gotta go with ER in this one..

Reactions: steady99
The QB I believe had 4 intentional grounding against West, why didn't the Coach tell him not to do that after the 1st one?

To West Stanly's credit, they sent the house a few times in obvious passing situations. Albemarle looked good on most first downs and the 3rd and "possible" scenarios. This team is NOT a 3rd and 10+ team. They looked bad in "desperation" play calls. Overall...they are still 21 points a game better than they were two years ago. Albemarle had a plan. West had a better plan. The no huddle kept the defense of Albemarle flat footed. West going for it (with hard cadences) and drawing the off sides in 4th down situations twice exposed the youth of the AHS front four. It actually wasn't that bad of a game in spots. The big play with under a minute left in the half deflated the home team.

West will be even with North. I would say West by 2. Albemarle will play ER tight. Alb. -6.

Last edited:
There is no doubt that Albemarle better than last year. This is our coaches first year, so I didn't expect a huge turn around. Remember Jack didn't go 11-0 his first year either... Albemarle and WS both hit each other in the mouth if you ask me, but Albemarle RB's laid wood...no argument there o_O

Albemarle has both inside and outside running ability, just no pass game...and our QB is a Sophomore so what'd you expect? the kid to sling it like Cam Newton? As far as defense, if they expect to win this Friday, they need to sore up that DB spot :) and get better at conditioning. WS put the petal to the metal and kept them off balance all night. I was honestly impressed with the game plan.

Heard from one of the coaches that one of West td passes the qb was pass the line of scrimmage...no call from ref, but West was the better team Fri night.....

I said in an earlier post that the refs were terrible lol. One of our kids got horse-collared "NO CALL" lmao!

He has been horrible for many years..Doesnt like Albemarle.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard we picked up a hand full of kids on the first day of school today...Getting real close to having a JV team..Yeah...

Eastern Randolph is not that talented this year. Losing to SW Randolph and Rockingham County does not look good for them. Albemarle needs to win the turnover battle to win this game.

Forest Hills has moved their game to Wednesday due to the rain in the forecast. They play Central Pageland. Any chance these games are going to be moved up?

No problem. The guy has 2 posts. Just thought it was an interesting way to put it.

All the Albemarle posters, for the most part, seem to mostly be about their team and not the putting down of opponents.

I am not putting down ER but just stating they are looking weak this year from the first two games. Losing their HC and some talent is part of the problem. ER will probably win tbis game but not be a blowout.

OK sway1532 I owe you 6 big ones.

I have a serious question guys after watching video. Which TD pass does your coach think WS QB passes the line of scrimmage? The two in the 1st half looks like he is 3 yds behind it on both. The last one looks like snap was low and he stood up and threw from about 6 yds back.

Not trying to start anything just wondering about which one was in question.

Would watch video again but have to save cash in case I drive or paddle over y'all's way this week.:)

Reactions: atucker2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT