ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle vs Concord

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is not a guaranteed win on our schedule Susan. We are basically a JV team playing at the varsity level.
I was talking to a former teacher and coach at Albemarle the other day and he said " Five years ago you wouldn't believe that we wouldn't have a JV football team this year". My response to him was that he was wrong because that is what we have but they are playing the varsity schedule. Just hoping they don't get discouraged and stick it out this year because things will get better. Go Dogs.

Random thoughts:

Have a feeling that AHS will play better than expected against WS. Don't think AHS will win, but don't think it'll be a 50+-point blowout, either.

Feel bad for NS. Did not think they would lose as badly as they did to SV. Hope that does not affect their confidence too much. They could have a great season.

Why on earth does AHS have only four home games and SEVEN road games? I thought the NCHSAA had rules that kept the schedules balanced?

Random thoughts:

Have a feeling that AHS will play better than expected against WS. Don't think AHS will win, but don't think it'll be a 50+-point blowout, either.

Feel bad for NS. Did not think they would lose as badly as they did to SV. Hope that does not affect their confidence too much. They could have a great season.

Why on earth does AHS have only four home games and SEVEN road games? I thought the NCHSAA had rules that kept the schedules balanced?
West Stanly only has four home games as well.

I like how the Albemarle Coaches looked last night. They are being part of the Team. They didn't Coach like they didn't give a crap. Albemarle is on it's way back up. They are getting Pride instilled back into the Program
Let's see how they look against WS, EM. If they make it through those two games they will have a chance at CC. If they lose to CC the wheels completely fall off the wagon. These next two are going to be a tough pill to swallow. It's one thing to lose to WS. It's another to get killed by WS. And I am afraid this is about to happen. EM will beat us by 50 or more as well. I am sure most of us have seen by now how overrated that young Thomasvile team was who beat us by 50. It's worse than I could ever imagine.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
AHS had some trouble getting non conference games to complete the schedule. Not sure if Concord agreed to play only by splitting the gate at their place which has probably worked out best for AHS financially or that made the most sense. Pretty sure that originally it was not both games at Concord initially.

AHS had some trouble getting non conference games to complete the schedule. Not sure if Concord agreed to play only by splitting the gate at their place which has probably worked out best for AHS financially or that made the most sense. Pretty sure that originally it was not both games at Concord initially.

Heard from several sources they guaranteened us $5,000 for last nights game.

Reactions: sway1532
I just have a feeling we haven't ran our true offense...just my hunch. We'll see next week as I plan on attending that game.

Reactions: susancoleman
I just have a feeling we haven't ran our true offense...just my hunch. We'll see next week as I plan on attending that game.

You are 100% correct sway. We haven't and there's a reason why. Wish I could tell you why but promised I wouldn't.. sorry......

yw

I have a feeling that Albemarle has no offense. Or defense.

Shameful fan support. Even Mister Rogers could not make the fan support sound rosy. Lack of pride has crept into this program.

Now I'm sure that some in the Fantasy Island mindset will say "blah blah, lots of positives, blah blah, wait two years". This is the new normal. The few players with good talent will leave the program. The coaching staff will continue to suffer from turnover.

Last edited:
yw

I have a feeling that Albemarle has no offense. Or defense.

Shameful fan support. Even Mister Rogers could not make the fan support sound rosy. Lavk of pride has crept into this program.

Now I'm sure that some in the Fantasy Island mindset will say "blah blah, lots of positives, blah blah, wait two years". This is the new normal. The few players with good talent will leave the program. The coaching staff will continue to suffer from turnover.
I agree. The "wait two years" is getting old. If you are going to be good in two years, you can at least compete to some degree. We may be an average team in two years but I don't think A great team is in the foreseen future. And that is if AHS is still open in 2-3 years. The only young player that looks good is 23. If you took our freshman and sophomores, you would have an average Jv team. Definitely nothing to be excited about. IMO.

Reactions: atucker2
Random thoughts:

The NCHSAA has no rules on scheduling. Greensboro Smith is playing 11 road games this year. Uwharrie Charter at one time played all its basketball games on the road. Its up to the invidual school. I am sure Albemarle fared better budget-wise playing at CHS than they would have at home, provided the $5,000 figure for playing there is correct.

The NCHSAA has no rules on scheduling. Greensboro Smith is playing 11 road games this year. Uwharrie Charter at one time played all its basketball games on the road. Its up to the invidual school. I am sure Albemarle fared better budget-wise playing at CHS than they would have at home, provided the $5,000 figure for playing there is correct.

Good info. Thanks.

I agree. The "wait two years" is getting old. If you are going to be good in two years, you can at least compete to some degree. We may be an average team in two years but I don't think A great team is in the foreseen future. And that is if AHS is still open in 2-3 years. The only young player that looks good is 23. If you took our freshman and sophomores, you would have an average Jv team. Definitely nothing to be excited about. IMO.

I would have to disagree. If you don't like the wait a year or two then tough. How can it get old after two games? The fact of the matter is they are young true or false? They are small true or false? It takes two years typically for your freshman physically to be ready to play at the varsity football level unless they are a special talent. The wait two years is just a fact our youth teams are strong our middle school teams are strong it's just a matter of allowing those kids the opportunity to grow and learn. Anybody worth two cents that you can't take kids out of a middle school program and compete at the varsity level unless they are a special gifted athlete.

Secondly no more talk about the schools closing its off the table as of this moment and from what I understand through new BOE members not even in the consideration as of this moment so stop AHS is going to be open for the foreseeable future.

All this talk about this that and the other support these kids or not. In a year or two remember what you are saying here as they climb back to the top and don't worry we will still have seats in the bandwagon section lol.

FYI NS who is suppose to compete for the #2 spot got smashed last night as well. The fact is Concord is a top 5 team in 3a SV is not ranked. Hold judgement on these kids about how good they can be or won't be until atleast they play a couple of games in their own division damn

Reactions: sway1532
I still believe that the Kids around Albemarle always become good Athletes. We have seen this in other Schools. Good Athletes that have lost focus and don't believe in Themselves. It's good to see the Coaching Staff wearing Their Blue Bulldogs shirts and being part of the Team. It's also good to see the Players paying attention to what's happening on the Field.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
You are 100% correct sway. We haven't and there's a reason why. Wish I could tell you why but promised I wouldn't.. sorry......

This would be brilliant. It would take a true football mind to not run their offense for two scrimmages and two games. You guys agree it is a good plan to not run your stuff in a game? Couldn't possibly need those reps to to improve.

I still believe that the Kids around Albemarle always become good Athletes. We have seen this in other Schools. Good Athletes that have lost focus and don't believe in Themselves. It's good to see the Coaching Staff wearing Their Blue Bulldogs shirts and being part of the Team. It's also good to see the Players paying attention to what's happening on the Field.

Follower what most don't realize outside of AHS is this, the athletes are still there they just aren't playing football. That is the challenge Mason has at Albemarle. Those spectacular athletes we have didn't play for one reason or another but they are there. Coach Mason has to be able to build the trust that he will be there and get them involved. He does that, next year will be completely different.

Like I said before have faith support these kids as they are instrumental in the building of the program but it won't take much for them to climb the ladder.

Make no mistake coach Mason has a tough job but the athletes are still there and have played football before. All it takes is him getting with these parents and getting there buy in and building the relationships.

Follower what most don't realize outside of AHS is this, the athletes are still there they just aren't playing football. That is the challenge Mason has at Albemarle. Those spectacular athletes we have didn't play for one reason or another but they are there. Coach Mason has to be able to build the trust that he will be there and get them involved. He does that, next year will be completely different.

Like I said before have faith support these kids as they are instrumental in the building of the program but it won't take much for them to climb the ladder.

Make no mistake coach Mason has a tough job but the athletes are still there and have played football before. All it takes is him getting with these parents and getting there buy in and building the relationships.

I like Albemarle by 12 this week. What you think nation?

I like Albemarle by 12 this week. What you think nation?

No I predicted they would lose by 2td's I am basing that off of what I have heard and just supporting the staff that they will have a good game plan together.

I just wouldn't sleep on them.

I predicted earlier that there will be a game they win this year nobody seen coming.

No I predicted they would lose by 2td's I am basing that off of what I have heard and just supporting the staff that they will have a good game plan together.

I just wouldn't sleep on them.

I predicted earlier that there will be a game they win this year nobody seen coming.

So saying that I don't think it's impossible for them to win this week.

This would be brilliant. It would take a true football mind to not run their offense for two scrimmages and two games. You guys agree it is a good plan to not run your stuff in a game? Couldn't possibly need those reps to to improve.
I sense a lot of sarcasm @msec, but yes I would agree that it would be foolish to not use a "new" offense in any scrimmages or games until week 3. Especially when you don't have enough kids to get any live reps in practice. If we pull out a new offense this week the timing will be awful and could result in a blowout. Actually, what is there to lose, its going to be a blowout anyways. Heck, give it a try Coach Mason. Nothing would surprise me at this point. We can only go up.

Wishful thinking Nation, but unless WS's entire team goes down with cramps and they have to play their JV, it is impossible.

I guess we will see. The fact is this is HS sports anything is possible. WS may be good but not that good you could say that against concord. WS is nowhere near that level. Therefore there is a possibility. You don't need a big chance to pull off a win. All this game would take is for these boys to keep it close going into the 4th quarter then all bets are off the table.

As for the play calling there is no coach I know that opens their playbook completely up in scrimmages you will run some stuff but not open it completely up on either side of the ball. Now depending on the coaching staff and there decision on Tville and concord they may not have opened up anything outside of what they did in the scrimmages even though they have been taking a bunch of repa in practice.

Susan, something has to be wrong inside of Our Football Program. These Guys that refuse to play Football may be scared of losing but They aren't seeing that They may be part of what will help Albemarle win. I wonder about Elerby Transferring to North. He would make a difference in Conference play. Something isn't right

Susan, something has to be wrong inside of Our Football Program. These Guys that refuse to play Football may be scared of losing but They aren't seeing that They may be part of what will help Albemarle win. I wonder about Elerby Transferring to North. He would make a difference in Conference play. Something isn't right

Lol well it's interesting.

School starts Monday I believe we have one kid coming back not sure he is a leader to a lot of these kids.

Coach Mason has some work to do getting these kids out if he builds the relationships a lot will change quickly.

Like I said, the kids that transferred has lost all hope in Albemarle. Thanks to the past regime and threats of closing down the school, they made the best decision they felt was right. I can't blame them, although Bulldog pride isn't something you can toss away so easily...you either have it or you don't regardless of the situation.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
I remember Smith last year switched up the offense going into the East Montgomery game...but I believe that was a "whim" decision and failed miserably. I don't have the same feeling with Mason. He had his team weather the storm, get reps, and now it's time to move forward.

I remember Smith last year switched up the offense going into the East Montgomery game...but I believe that was a "whim" decision and failed miserably. I don't have the same feeling with Mason. He had his team weather the storm, get reps, and now it's time to move forward.
EM was game 4. We haven't gotten there yet.

I agree @BulldogsFollower, I can't put a finger on it but somthing is wrong. Kids just don't abandon AHS football. All of them grew up watching us win championships. I was looking at last years roster, what happened to Standback? He was a big bowling ball RB. He was a junior so he should be playing. What concerns me about it is that these kids left or quit while going through spring ball under our current staff. They don't seem to by what he is selling and that is extremely important in getting kids to become apart of the program. Unless you want to play with freshman and sophomores every season.

I agree @BulldogsFollower, I can't put a finger on it but somthing is wrong. Kids just don't abandon AHS football. All of them grew up watching us win championships. I was looking at last years roster, what happened to Standback? He was a big bowling ball RB. He was a junior so he should be playing. What concerns me about it is that these kids left or quit while going through spring ball under our current staff. They don't seem to by what he is selling and that is extremely important in getting kids to become apart of the program. Unless you want to play with freshman and sophomores every season.

Susan no disrespect but sometimes things happen differently than what it appears. This had nothing to do with current staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT