ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle vs Concord

Status
Not open for further replies.
What irks me the most is not when people state the "Obvious"...it's when people repeat the "Obvious".

So you do think it is OBVIOUS that Albemarle will not compete against West Stanly in a week? By all means, let us know.

There isn't one team in Stanly County that deserves my respect....besides Albemarle.

Also, I've already said that West Stanly would beat Albemarle, but I wouldn't be "Surprised" if Albemarle snuck one in...go back and reread my posts.

Last edited:
There isn't one team in Stanly County that deserves my respect....besides Albemarle.

Also, I've already said that West Stanly would beat Albemarle, but I wouldn't be "Surprised" if Albemarle snuck one it...go back and reread my posts.

I have. You were irked with us repeating the obvious which includes West Stanly easily handling your Bulldogs. Before that, you stated that Albenarle could sneak one out. I was looking for clarification.

Good luck tonight.

Reactions: atucker2
It cracks me up to see the attacks on the Bulldogs this year. West Stanly played South Stanly and suddenly they are state contenders. Congrats on a 2a team beating a 1a team that's finished near the bottom of the conference. Will WS beat Alb I don't know, you never know until that game is played. WS is not on the level of a thomasville and definitely not a concord which are teams capable of making deep playoff runs.

Tonight you have Alb facing a top ten team in the state fresh off a loss and you have NS facing a great opponent in SV who will be a top ten team in the state by what I read about them. Let's see how each fares against them.

The bottom line is when you have a young team as AHS does you as an opponent have to be careful because you don't know what they are capable of. The facts are in a year or two AHS will be back in the hunt like it or not so take your shots while you can. They will be coming give them time.

Good luck Bulldogs!!!!

Reactions: steady99
What really cracks me up is that, not one freaking team in the YVC has won a state title but....well we all know who that is. Last one coming 6 years ago, which in my opinion is not that long ago.

Then you get on here and see people bashing the Dogs. But it's understandable. Albemarle used to drag opponents up and down the field. We were "Bullies" yes, but could you blame us? Albemarle basically had 2 varsity's with little to no drop off in talent. A third stringer would be a starter on any other team. That's just how good we were.

But now people want that "Get Back" for all those years Albemarle beat the breaks off'em. Well talk your smack, and continue to believe that Albemarle will never see the light of day again.

Oh and for the guy who said you can tell Albemarle's program is in the shimmers because there were only "75" people at the game Friday and that you needed to basically fill the seats to get the program headed in the right direction, well that's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. You ever been to a Monroe game? I have, and they never brought a big crowd from what I remembered, but always made deep runs come playoff. So stick your head underwater and breath in and hold it for about a minute or so.

Thanks.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
What really cracks me up is that, not one freaking team in the YVC has won a state title but....well we all know who that is. Last one coming 6 years ago, which in my opinion is not that long ago.

Then you get on here and see people bashing the Dogs. But it's understandable. Albemarle used to drag opponents up and down the field. We were "Bullies" yes, but could you blame us? Albemarle basically had 2 varsity's with little to no drop off in talent. A third stringer would be a starter on any other team. That's just how good we were.

But now people want that "Get Back" for all those years Albemarle beat the breaks off'em. Well talk your smack, and continue to believe that Albemarle will never see the light of day again.

Oh and for the guy who said you can tell Albemarle's program is in the shimmers because there were only "75" people at the game Friday and that you needed to basically fill the seats to get the program headed in the right direction, well that's the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time. You ever been to a Monroe game? I have, and they never brought a big crowd from what I remembered, but always made deep runs come playoff. So stick your head underwater and breath in and hold it for about a minute or so.

Thanks.

Here is the thing they don't get. All it takes is for AHS to get stabilized which we are doing, and the program will shoot right back up. What you see right now is due to two things the turnover at HC and the instability the BOE caused. We have the HC and we have the stability back, so the upswing will begin. Give Coach Mason a year or two to build the program back up and let's see who talks then. I'm the mean time enjoy....

I also heard that our numbers are starting to climb back up, it was mentioned that we are somewhere around 500+ now. I'm sure the splitting of SS contributed. But that was good to hear.

I also heard that our numbers are starting to climb back up, it was mentioned that we are somewhere around 500+ now. I'm sure the splitting of SS contributed. But that was good to hear.

Yes we are right around 500. Spoke to a parent who's kid came in from WS and asked how she liked it so far as their kid is playing a sport and said her kid loves it. I guess AHS isn't that scary after all lol. Funny part is most of the people talking about AHS have never been in the halls or haven't been in them in a long time.

I can personally tell you that Albemarle city schools are on the way back up. Question in the next year or two when AHS is hitting on all cylinders again you think they will do another open enrollment ;) haha.

Would like to say this though. I am very excited about Mr. Josey as superintendent. I know this is aside from football but I think he is going to do an outstanding job leading SCS.

Reactions: sway1532
I have two in elementary, and the gym was packed so I could only imagine the other elementary.

But it's good to see some stability starting to take place. Might not want to say to much here, or people might continue to wish bad luck on us.

Gotta get the fans out to support a team before the kids want to come out. But some fan bases only show up when they see wins. No kid wants to play in an empty arena.

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
Gotta get the fans out to support a team before the kids want to come out. But some fan bases only show up when they see wins. No kid wants to play in an empty arena.

You are correct. Its a darn shame that a team that consists mostly of Freshman and Sophomores only had 75 fans...at most, drive that measly drive to Thomasville. I don't believe that the crowd will be any better for the Concord game. After Thomasville took Albemarle to the woodshed and knowing that Concord is much better than Thomasville, many will stay away from this game. Watching a "running clock" game is simply not fun.

Reactions: susancoleman
One of Albemarle receivers just got their helmet knocked off... from a hard hit. Smh...

The safety / wide out for Concord is the real deal! Big time recruit. Big D linemen that is getting big looks had zero (!) for Kannapolis.

Reactions: sway1532
WS was first and goal 3 times and couldn't get in. Their star RB was cramping all game. They mad major issues with cramps tonight. Maybe their whole team will cramp next week and we can steal a win.

Cudos to Concord for not putting 100 on us. I heard that the WS game was a lot closer than the 17 point win indicated. WS will destroy us next week. Mark that on your calendar folks.

Well it was 28-18 and WM scored in the 4th to make it 35-18. From what I was told WS once again had a bunch of penalties. I think this particularly was indicative of the game. It was a good game WM is the better team.

With us this year it's all about getting better. Once again you can't focus on the results, just improve day in and day out focus on the process and the results will be there. Our boys are young they will be fine. Learn get better and get stronger that's the 3 goals this season.

Reactions: steady99
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT