ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle vs Concord

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not such thing as Bulldog Pride. If there was such a thing, you would have more than 75 fans at the away games. For a school that is as old as Albemarle, you should have many more fans showing up.

Spin that.

I agree @BulldogsFollower, I can't put a finger on it but somthing is wrong. Kids just don't abandon AHS football. All of them grew up watching us win championships. I was looking at last years roster, what happened to Standback? He was a big bowling ball RB. He was a junior so he should be playing. What concerns me about it is that these kids left or quit while going through spring ball under our current staff. They don't seem to by what he is selling and that is extremely important in getting kids to become apart of the program. Unless you want to play with freshman and sophomores every season.

When your fan base abandons you, and despite what Mister Rogers....err Sway might think, kids will notice a lack of pride. These kids need to be treated with respect! Counting rings doesn't matter if your team looks like a cheap fire sale.

Last edited:
A few thoughts. I have seen the best of times and the worse of times. Followed Webb in the 50's and Gaster in the 90's and 2000's. I have been to the mtn tops with Albemarle and also into the valleys. When we beat our chests you better be prepared to eat some crow also. What goes around comes around. We do have a lot of bandwagon fans here and they have gone into hideing. I'm not one of them. Haven't been to a game yet but only because of health reasons. Hope to make the EM game. We're taking a bashing on the board and for sure we deserve it. I've seen enough sports in my lifetime to know NOBODY stays on top for ever. Wish my good friend Bluebones was still alive. He would have blown a gasket over the posts. Would have probably got kicked off. lol..I have been through thick and thin with my bulldogs and I am not about to jump ship now.......

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
When your fan base abandons you, and despite what Mister Rogers....err Sway might think, kids will notice a lack of pride. These kids need to be treated with respect! Counting rings doesn't matter if your team looks like a cheap fire sale.

You can come for me all you want...won't change nothing on my end..

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
My apologies I missed this bs. I had a old friend of mine pass away. EF you are full of crap and have no clue what you are talking about. I seen you call me out on the other thread and would more than welcome you to come to any game this season I am there would love to see if your the diarrhea comes out of your mouth like it does here. In fact will welcome you to the Bulldogs side and let you tell them yourself. Your hiding behind a screen name sir and saying a bunch of stuff that once again is irreverent and derailing a thread from the topic.

If you have something to say to me come say it in person. Period otherwise stfu your weak you are a weak minded person who gets his rocks off by bashing kids of a school in which is imperative to their community. You may not know this EF as Albemarle goes so does our community obviously you wouldn't know this because you are not here.

Once again enough bashing of these kids. You have about as much credible information coming out of your mouth as what's left on Hillary clintons email server.

Enough talk football I'm done responding to you ir even acknowledging you. You have something to say come to about any event and I'm there.

Oh win lose or draw we are still beating our chest BULLDOG PRIDE!!! Like Buddy said we may be down but we will be back.

Spin it as much as you want to. No one has slammed one kid. We simply have stated that Albemarle is not good in football. In fact, they are bad. In this P.C. world when a 14-11 coach believes his team deserves a trophy, I'm sure that some will call it "slamming the kids". It's not. They are just not any good in football this year. Doesn't make them bad kids. Doesn't mean that they don't have the opportunity TO GET BETTER. You know, work in the gym. Lift weights. Do wind sprints. Follow the correct nutritional guidelines.

The group that I've slammed are the self-called Bulldog fans that refuse to show up for the football games. 75 in attendance for the Thomasville game? Shameful. No more than 75 at the Concord game. No excuses.

So far, Albemarle has been at the wrong end of blowouts. If you don't consider two running clocks as "blowouts", then you don't know squat about football. 51 to 6. 56 to 0. Total blowouts. The talent isn't there this year. It won't be there next week either.

Funny that you say an ugly acronym. I'm sure the Stanly County Superintendent and the Albemarle Principal (who, by the way, could care less about football) are just overjoyed by their 14-11 girl's basketball coach cutting the fool. I'm sure that they may tell you that soon. Lack of class. Shameful.

It's also funny that you get all macho by saying stuff like "say this in person". This is because you don't want everyone on the board to realize that you are a fool.

Last edited:
I deleted my post as u was a little over the top in my response my apologies been a rough day.

EF until you display some credibility I will no longer entertain someone that's a blow hard like yourself derailing threads. I am actually a person with a great track record unlike yourself. You have accomplish nothing in the sports world. We all know that. You mention wind sprints weight room etc do you not think they are not already doing that? Maybe you should come down and show them what you know? Maybe you can help them get better since you seem to be so concerned about it.

Additionally whether the Bulldogs are winning or losing I am going to be here with this community and a lot of the bulldog faithful still screaming bulldog pride. Funny you say "your 14-11 girls expected to be given a trophy" obviously you haven't done your research and seen the list of hardware these kids have accomplished. By the way that is bashing a group of kids that worked their takes off to accomplish what they did. Look back to see the last time they win a Conf ship they have come a long way and that sir is bashing.

The football team has been very good for a long time. They are young and have a lot of work to do but they will be back. And I can't wait!!!! And yes j will still be there screaming bulldog pride along with sway and buddy.

So good luck to you and my comment for you saying It in person was actually so that it actually meant something you believe rather than a keyboard warrior lol. Just shows the level of character you have.

I deleted my post as u was a little over the top in my response my apologies been a rough day.

EF until you display some credibility I will no longer entertain someone that's a blow hard like yourself derailing threads. I am actually a person with a great track record unlike yourself. You have accomplish nothing in the sports world. We all know that. You mention wind sprints weight room etc do you not think they are not already doing that? Maybe you should come down and show them what you know? Maybe you can help them get better since you seem to be so concerned about it.

Additionally whether the Bulldogs are winning or losing I am going to be here with this community and a lot of the bulldog faithful still screaming bulldog pride. Funny you say "your 14-11 girls expected to be given a trophy" obviously you haven't done your research and seen the list of hardware these kids have accomplished. By the way that is bashing a group of kids that worked their takes off to accomplish what they did. Look back to see the last time they win a Conf ship they have come a long way and that sir is bashing.

The football team has been very good for a long time. They are young and have a lot of work to do but they will be back. And I can't wait!!!! And yes j will still be there screaming bulldog pride along with sway and buddy.

So good luck to you and my comment for you saying It in person was actually so that it actually meant something you believe rather than a keyboard warrior lol. Just shows the level of character you have.

I'm glad that you deleted that unforgivable comment.

I'm not a "yesterday" person. I could care less about your trophies from Ohio. No one on here really cares about you winning a tournament trophy in another state, either. In addition, basketball doesn't equate to football. Different sport. Different numbers are required. You need DEPTH to play football. That's why your opinion about football is an amateur opinion at best. I'm a "tomorrow" person. I care about the future for our kids....all kids. I like seeing kids being all that they can be. It's not helping them by giving them "false praise". Instead encourage them to work hard.

We all had a good chuckle when you were beating your chest about "all of the positives" you saw after Thomasville destroyed Albemarle by a score of 51 to 6. What positives? Thomasville, which is really an average team (btw, they lost in the second round last year), could have scored much more points against Albemarle. The positive that I saw was when the running clock started (and, btw, once a team has a 42 point lead at any point after halftime, the running clock is mandatory. It doesn't "stop" if the scoring margin falls below 42).

I hope the Albemarle players ignore you. I really do. They need to have a full time commitment to football and not hear comments like "we can sneak one past West Stanly" when such an outcome is impossible. Encourage the kids to work out harder. To lift weights. To do their running. And yes, encourage them to be respectful in the classroom. Basically be a "tomorrow" person.

Last edited:
Reactions: atucker2
I'm glad that you deleted that unforgivable comment.

I'm not a "yesterday" person. I could care less about your trophies from Ohio. No one on here really cares about you winning a tournament trophy in another state, either. In addition, basketball doesn't equate to football. Different sport. Different numbers are required. You need DEPTH to play football. That's why your opinion about football is an amateur opinion at best. I'm a "tomorrow" person. I care about the future for our kids....all kids. I like seeing kids being all that they can be. It's not helping them by giving them "false praise". Instead encourage them to work hard.

We all had a good chuckle when you were beating your chest about "all of the positives" you saw after Thomasville destroyed Albemarle by a score of 51 to 6. What positives? Thomasville, which is really an average team (btw, they lost in the second round last year), could have scored much more points against Albemarle. The positive that I saw was when the running clock started (and, btw, once a team has a 42 point lead at any point after halftime, the running clock is mandatory. It doesn't "stop" if the scoring margin falls below 42).

I hope the Albemarle players ignore you. I really do. They need to have a full time commitment to football and not hear comments like "we can sneak one past West Stanly" when such an outcome is impossible. Encourage the kids to work out harder. To lift weights. To do their running. And yes, encourage them to be respectful in the classroom. Basically be a "tomorrow" person.

You haven't seen the trophies from here? maybe you need to look back and then move to the present on max preps little buddy.

Unforgivable comments your a joke and still have as much credibility as what's on Hillary clintons email server lol.

Good day. By your comments it's clear of all the things you don't know. Talk football or don't talk.

You haven't seen the trophies from here? maybe you need to look back and then move to the present on max preps little buddy.

Unforgivable comments your a joke and still have as much credibility as what's on Hillary clintons email server lol.

Good day. By your comments it's clear of all the things you don't know. Talk football or don't talk.

I could care less about your trophies from your past. Again, you are a "yesterday person" who dwells on the past. You have to bring up some bizarre comment about Hillary because you are merely grasping at straws.

I'm sure your Principal would not be enamored about your bad little temper. Quite unforgivable. If you lose it so easily debating about how "wonderful" your 0-2 Bulldogs are, I can only imagine what happens after one of your 11 defeats last year.

So yes, let's talk about the Bulldogs. They have been blown out by Thomasville and Concord and will experience the same fate next week. Only a moron would think that Albemarle has any chance to "sneak one out". I see a Colt victory of around 30 to 45 points. The following week, the Bulldogs will host the East Montgomery Eagles. The Eagles will have a running clock on you. The Bulldogs and their "Swiss Cheese" defense will not stop the Eagles running game. It could be really bad.

Albemarle will beat Chatham Central as long as your team have enough players come that game. The Albemarle-South Davidson game is a tossup. SD beat North Stokes 14 to 13 this past Friday. North Stokes is about as good as Albemarle (i.e. they "ain't that good"). After the South Davidson game, Albemarle will be mauled by West Montgomery. No one can honestly believe Albemarle will be within 40 points of the Warriors. North Moore will wreck Albemarle with ease. North Stanly will easily defeat the Bulldogs by 30 plus points. Albemarle could beat Union Academy...that game is a tossup. South Stanly will hand Albemarle another defeat.

Rough year for Albemarle. So although you have stated over and over again that you won't respond (we all have identified that nervous tic of yours), have fun "not responding". LOL

Reactions: atucker2
I will say BN you have not really made it easy to just focus on Albemarle football with some of your comments on this thread. Let's not act all high and mighty here.
Anyways, Albemarle is in for one of their worst seasons ever, probably since the pre-Gaster days but I've studied NC HS Football dating back into the 70s and never remember researching an Albemarle team this bad.

I will say BN you have not really made it easy to just focus on Albemarle football with some of your comments on this thread. Let's not act all high and mighty here.
Anyways, Albemarle is in for one of their worst seasons ever, probably since the pre-Gaster days but I've studied NC HS Football dating back into the 70s and never remember researching an Albemarle team this bad.

Most of my comments away from football were responding to what I call bashing. Anyway.

In regards to AHS football you missed the seasons that have occurred and there are a few that ended with 0 wins. With any program you will have transition years as players graduate move on etc. AHS has been really good since the early 2000's with not much of a down period. With the coaching changes we have seen for one reason or another has not helped this period. Coach Mason does have a very very tough job ahead of him in rebuilding the program. Buy in and building relationships amongst others are essential to his success.

These boys this season have a lot of work ahead of them. They simply just need to focus on getting better and working hard. They are great hard working kids and I would love to see them be successful.

Plus one for seeing the 800 lb gorilla in the room. It's hard having a conversation with others when some self-righteous poster who knows nothing about a subject hijacks yet another thread.

Albemarle is in disarray. Probably need to build up the middle school program and improve the actual high school. Kids deserve to learn in a safe environment. When that happens, maybe the team can beat the West Stanlys of the world.

Reactions: susancoleman
Most of my comments away from football were responding to what I call bashing. Anyway.

In regards to AHS football you missed the seasons that have occurred and there are a few that ended with 0 wins. With any program you will have transition years as players graduate move on etc. AHS has been really good since the early 2000's with not much of a down period. With the coaching changes we have seen for one reason or another has not helped this period. Coach Mason does have a very very tough job ahead of him in rebuilding the program. Buy in and building relationships amongst others are essential to his success.

These boys this season have a lot of work ahead of them. They simply just need to focus on getting better and working hard. They are great hard working kids and I would love to see them be successful.

AHS will bounce back and start climbing the ladder once again we just have to get some consistency in the program.

There is a major difference between a transition period, and the possible ending of a school. I know many very well connected people in Stanly County so I know a good bit about the issues, my opinion is Albemarle and South Stanly's days may very well be numbered. Now they may not go away entirely, but they won't be the same. I have a lot of respect for Coach Mason for taking the job, but sadly he is in a no win situation at least how I see it. 1-2 wins will be probably it.
I will say I have read this thread I didn't see any bashing of kids for the record. All of us on here want the kids to be successful, however right now sadly the environment there is not conducive for success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT