ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle vs Concord

Status
Not open for further replies.

sway1532

Aug 15, 2011
Who ya got!? lol.

Besides the game, from the video that @susancoleman posted, I see major potential in this team. Someone said that they seen a very good J.V. team and that's exactly what they are...which is a good thing. On their second possession, they executed damn near perfect, their youth/size/physicality started to show at the start of the second. These are areas that have no choice but to get better as long as Mason stays on top of'em. It wasn't like that dead end offense we saw last year where they couldn't get -5 yards if the other team jumped offsides lol!

If this current Albemarle team played all 11 J.V. games available, I say they would go a good 8-3 winning 2 or 3 competitive games. T-Ville just out manned and muscled them and that's the bottom line. Heck, the DB's I saw probably weighed only 119lbs...

Anyways. 70-0 Concord.

And if West Stanly isn't careful, this Albemarle team could beat the hell out of them...

The only thing that is constant......is change. The only change this week is.....we don't score.:(

Both Coaches should get together before the game and agree on a running clock...like before the game...as in today or something. I remember, if I'm not mistaken, that when we use to play Chatham or someone like that, both coaches agreed on a running clock before the game even started. I could be wrong tho......so many beat downs back in the day.

Both Coaches should get together before the game and agree on a running clock...like before the game...as in today or something. I remember, if I'm not mistaken, that when we use to play Chatham or someone like that, both coaches agreed on a running clock before the game even started. I could be wrong tho......so many beat downs back in the day.

Sway I really like what we have and looking forward to watching them progress. After watching them Friday I think they will win a game that nobody sees them winning. Just a hunch but I think it could happen.

Cc, SD I think we will beat, SS we could get possibly and maybe even UA. I see us around 3-4 wins this year but definitely a lot of potential moving forward. Goal this week get better. We have some winnable games coming up, improve on things from last week and get back to work. Hoping for both teams to come out injury free.

After watching them Friday I think they will win a game that nobody sees them winning.

I think we can sneak one in on West Stanly imo. If Albemarle can execute like they did in the first quarter for the rest of the 3 remaining quarters, West Stanly will be in a fight. Matter of fact, All West Stanly has is a RB and WR from what I was listening too Friday. South Stanly is horrible...

I just want to come out this game injury free and gear up for some winnable games.

EM/WM/NM/NS is going to hammer Albemarle...so I just hope the Albemarle fans aren't too surprised and have patience with Mason. Mason and his staff know what they're dealing with. We just gotta keep our cool and see if they are getting better.

Speaking with one of the coaches today, the future is bright. The kids need to workout more and do some voluntary things on their end to get stronger, but we'll see how serious they are on their end.

I think we can sneak one in on West Stanly imo. If Albemarle can execute like they did in the first quarter for the rest of the 3 remaining quarters, West Stanly will be in a fight. Matter of fact, All West Stanly has is a RB and WR from what I was listening too Friday. South Stanly is horrible...

I just want to come out this game injury free and gear up for some winnable games.

EM/WM/NM/NS is going to hammer Albemarle...so I just hope the Albemarle fans aren't too surprised and have patience with Mason. Mason and his staff know what they're dealing with. We just gotta keep our cool and see if they are getting better.

Speaking with one of the coaches today, the future is bright. The kids need to workout more and do some voluntary things on their end to get stronger, but we'll see how serious they are on their end.

Agreed. I was watching Mason Friday as well as his staff and I personally think they did an outstanding job working with those kids during the game.

There was a lightening delay at thomasville at half after that our guys didn't come out sharp in the second half and gave up a couple of scores very quickly.

I am looking forward to watching them Friday. I love this group of kids excited to see them improve.

Yeah, I think they did an excellent job at installing that offense, I lead off with that when I spoke to one of the coaches today. It was something to see once it was clicking....it wasn't 26 power for our trap play, but they were moving the ball so well, it had T-Ville off balance for a while. That's says a lot for a J.V. team going up against a state contender at 2A...even though we got our asses handed to us! lol.

I'm no coach, but I also mentioned that they should skip having a J.V. team next year also, not until we get our varsity numbers back up. I will try to catch some of the 8th grade games with my son this year like I did last.. But when that D2 team hits AHS....man I'm telling you. Albemarle will be handing out "BUTT HURT" again. They are very well coached at D1 and D2..and your seeing some of it now.

We are 2 years off...watch what I tell you

Yeah, I think they did an excellent job at installing that offense, I lead off with that when I spoke to one of the coaches today. It was something to see once it was clicking....it wasn't 26 power for our trap play, but they were moving the ball so well, it had T-Ville off balance for a while. That's says a lot for a J.V. team going up against a state contender at 2A...even though we got our asses handed to us! lol.

I'm no coach, but I also mentioned that they should skip having a J.V. team next year also, not until we get our varsity numbers back up. I will try to catch some of the 8th grade games with my son this year like I did last.. But when that D2 team hits AHS....man I'm telling you. Albemarle will be handing out "BUTT HURT" again. They are very well coached at D1 and D2..and your seeing some of it now.

We are 2 years off...watch what I tell you

I have heard a lot about our youth program. I think consistency at the HC is key. AD is doing an outstanding job, I am excited to watch this program as a whole grow. Each year I think you will see it grow as long as we keep the stability and consistency.

These kids are fun to watch the effort is through the roof as well as enthusiasm. They put in the work these kids can do wonders in the near future.

And if West Stanly isn't careful, this Albemarle team could beat the hell out of them...
@sway1532 I agreed with a few things in the post but I think you are stretching it by saying we could beat WS. Thomasville was gutted with 21 seniors, including their entire o-line, due to graduation. They are not even on the same planet as the team from last year. I would say the 2016 Tville team that we just played would be an above average 1a team with 6-7 wins. The school has 1a numbers but playing in a 2a conference and will drop to 1aa next season. So essentially we were playing a young 1a school who resembles the model of AHS. The first quarter and a half were ok, but again I think it was a product of the A on our helmets and the Albemarle across the chest. They gave us way to much respect. They soon figured out that we were not very good, to say the least. I was positive last week with a team that was "sight unseen." However now I have "seen!"
The punting and kicking game is as bad as I have ever seen. It looked like our average punt was 8 yards. If this doesn't get better we wont beat CC or SD as we will have to go for it on 4th down every time. I agree with @Buddy Rich that our single wing approach will not work with small size on the oline. #23, being a freshman, will eventually get hit so many times that he will either get hurt or frustrated and quit, from the lack of blocking in this type of offense. Besides #23 it seemed that everyone was moving in slow motion. West Stanly being "sight unseen as well", has a really good runningback, receiver, and the best linebacker in the county. They also have a very energetic and smart coach. I think we get beat by as many as Concord decides to score and next week we lose by 50+ to WS. I hate to be negative and I hope I am typing a message stating that I was wrong next Friday night.

Reactions: atucker2
I'm still sticking with my preseason prediction. We go 0-4 to start the season. Hopefully we can win 2 to 3 games. That is reality folks.

Reactions: susancoleman
@ susancoleman. What year did you graduate from Albemarle? Reason I ask Susan is I had 2 daughters that went to Albemarle in the 90's. Thought you might know them if we're in the same time frame.....

Last edited:
I'm still sticking with my preseason prediction. We go 0-4 to start the season. Hopefully we can win 2 to 3 games. That is reality folks.

You are right. Albemarle can beat South Davidson and Chatham Central. Besides that, Union Academy and South Stanly are tossups at best. West Montgomery, East Montgomery, North Moore, and North Stanly will easily defeat Albemarle. Concord? Well, let's just say that this game should have never been on the schedule. West Stanly will win by 20-30 points.

I agree with your reality based approach. I saw the game (thank you Susan) and I didn't see much to hang my hat on. There were maybe 3 players on defense that are even close to being ready for varsity action. The offense needs some serious work. With a very small and young offensive line the backs are going to be beaten up for the next three games. It simply won't be fun.

@sway1532 I agreed with a few things in the post but I think you are stretching it by saying we could beat WS. Thomasville was gutted with 21 seniors, including their entire o-line, due to graduation. They are not even on the same planet as the team from last year. I would say the 2016 Tville team that we just played would be an above average 1a team with 6-7 wins. The school has 1a numbers but playing in a 2a conference and will drop to 1aa next season. So essentially we were playing a young 1a school who resembles the model of AHS. The first quarter and a half were ok, but again I think it was a product of the A on our helmets and the Albemarle across the chest. They gave us way to much respect. They soon figured out that we were not very good, to say the least. I was positive last week with a team that was "sight unseen." However now I have "seen!"
The punting and kicking game is as bad as I have ever seen. It looked like our average punt was 8 yards. If this doesn't get better we wont beat CC or SD as we will have to go for it on 4th down every time. I agree with @Buddy Rich that our single wing approach will not work with small size on the oline. #23, being a freshman, will eventually get hit so many times that he will either get hurt or frustrated and quit, from the lack of blocking in this type of offense. Besides #23 it seemed that everyone was moving in slow motion. West Stanly being "sight unseen as well", has a really good runningback, receiver, and the best linebacker in the county. They also have a very energetic and smart coach. I think we get beat by as many as Concord decides to score and next week we lose by 50+ to WS. I hate to be negative and I hope I am typing a message stating that I was wrong next Friday night.

I agree with a lot of what you said. The exception that Thomasville team was way better than last year. Regardless of losing 21 seniors and even a gentleman confirmed that from Tville. Tville last year had discipline problems and really hurt themselves a lot playing us. Needless penalties etc.

In regards to WS I'm not sure without seeing them. I think in all reality this season we are looking at 3-4 wins maybe. I do believe they will catch someone sleeping on them not sure who but I think this team is capable of it.

Hey Susan where did you see that Thomasville would be 1a? The final realignment for 2017 has them at 2a still?

I agree with a lot of what you said. The exception that Thomasville team was way better than last year. Regardless of losing 21 seniors and even a gentleman confirmed that from Tville. Tville last year had discipline problems and really hurt themselves a lot playing us. Needless penalties
In regards to WS I'm not sure without seeing them. I think in all reality this season we are looking at 3-4 wins maybe. I do believe they will catch someone sleeping on them not sure who but I think this team is capable of it.
Thomasville has 2A numbers, is playing in a 2A conference, and will remain 2A next year.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Just an FYI I haven't seen them yet but a friend who was at the WS vs SS game said WS looked good. Had

Interesting here is the final draft of the realignment.

https://www.nchsaa.org/sites/default/files/attachments/2017-21RealignmentFinalDraft.pdf
Nation, I heard the same thing. Supposedly they have an outstanding receiver who can catch the long ball, two really good runningbacks, and a really good linebacker. The rest of the team is good enough to support these 3-4 players. This would be an amazing win if we could pull this off. But from the sounds of it, I highly doubt it.

Not according to the gentleman who were broadcasting the game. And they were Thomasville announcers.

The T-ville announcers are wrong. The final realignment is set, and Thomasville will be in a huge ten-team 2A conference with:
  • Central Davidson
  • East Davidson
  • Ledford
  • Lexington
  • North Davidson
  • Oak Grove (new school in northwestern Davidson County)
  • Salisbury
  • South Rowan
  • Thomasville
  • West Davidson

Nation, I heard the same thing. Supposedly they have an outstanding receiver who can catch the long ball, two really good runningbacks, and a really good linebacker. The rest of the team is good enough to support these 3-4 players. This would be an amazing win if we could pull this off. But from the sounds of it, I highly doubt it.

Here is the thing about a young team with some talent. You never know when they will click. I don't know who they will get of the teams that people are saying they shouldn't beat I am just saying my guess is they get somebody.

I know that first quarter was just a quarter but they looked good. In all reality they started losing it when it started raining and of course any speed advantage is gone it becomes a in the trenches game. Which a young team vs that Thomasville team is not a contest.

I have to say that first quarter I was impressed especially against that Tville team. They put together that effort and execution for 4 quarters people better be on notice. That will be fun to watch as well. I'm actually excited to watch them this week just so I can see where they improved.

I would like this put out there as well. Those kids never quit, no attitudes, and all players stayed engaged. That's one thing I love about this team. They just kept working hard. Great job to the coaches!!!! Can't wait to go out and support them again this week

The same ones that said Albemarle game and Thomasville game would be "Close" are saying that West Stanly is going to beat Albemarle by 100. What changed? I mean, we all agree that Albemarle will be better going forward right?

Also I said Albemarle may "sneak" in a win, I guaranteed nothing.

I called the T-Ville game 48-6. I'm calling the Concord game 70-0. Might as well call the West Stanly game while I'm at it 28-18...West.

The same ones that said Albemarle game and Thomasville game would be "Close" are saying that West Stanly is going to beat Albemarle by 100. What changed? I mean, we all agree that Albemarle will be better going forward right?

Also I said Albemarle may "sneak" in a win, I guaranteed nothing.

I called the T-Ville game 48-6. I'm calling the Concord game 70-0. Might as well call the West Stanly game while I'm at it 28-18...West.
What changed for me is that I actually got to see our team play. Even though it was online, it was brutal. Also I have heard some good some good things about West. Right now I am sitting with a 42-0 West. I hope I am wrong.

I don't go into scores. I'm not very good at it. But some thoughts. The Concord game will have an early running clock. Score could be anything. Interesting to see if we can score. Size of WS will just be to much for us. EM I know nothing about except I think we will lose. Then our first winnable game. CC. Will be interesting to see if we stick to the single wing this coming week. I find this year to be intriguing. Have'nt faced a season like this in a long long time.

What changed for me is that I actually got to see our team play. Even though it was online, it was brutal. Right now I am sitting with a 42-0 West. I hope I am wrong.

The T-Ville game was brutal, I could see that on film...

I know football... and West Stanly beat a terrible South Stanly team 30-0 with 25 on the roster with 9 seniors 8 Juniors and 8 Sophomores according to Max Preps; they could even put up a fight.

I know that Albemarle can beat South by at least 2 td's if they execute. I'm sticking with 28-18 West. But what will hurt West is if they come out sloppy and get a lot of penalties. If Albemarle pulls this game out, 1. don't be surprised when I told you that it's possible, and 2. it will be by a field goal or so.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Will be interesting to see if we stick to the single wing this coming week.

That Single Wing is a beast for us. It has been installed properly and that's a big congrats to Coach Mason being his first year. It'll take another year to see the fruits of labor, but trust me, this is a properly installed offense. Even @btango said that Mason is the best X's and O's in the county and from what I seen on film, he is correct.

What I would like to see is about 10 passes a game to keep the defense honest. Mason should have at least attempted...but hey, I'm not coach so I don't know what he was thinking.

Once Albemarle matures, I'm am telling you @Buddy Rich, Albemarle will start handing out the "BUTT HURT" again. Just you watch.

What changed for me is that I actually got to see our team play. Even though it was online, it was brutal. Also I have heard some good some good things about West. Right now I am sitting with a 42-0 West. I hope I am wrong.

WS is not on the level of Tville plus you will have more time with these young guys to improve, plus we started really struggling when it started raining I was at the game. As soon as that field got wet Tville started taking over the wheels came off when they came out in the second half. I don't see WS beating AHS 42-0. Look back at the scoring drive for AHS when they executed the ball moved flawlessly. Additionally the first TD by Tville AHS had held them it was 4th and 10 and they caught them with a pass to the corner. The second TD by Tville came after it started pouring and Tville recovered a fumble on like the 2yd line I believe and they punched it in. In the first half it wasn't like Tville was marching up and down the field AHS was holding. The marching didn't happen until the second half after a long lightening delay. I would like to say one thing Tvilles kicker was outstanding. Every fg hit just about the same spot.

You will see when WM plays WS and WM plays Tville that Tville is a pretty good team and in my opinion 7-14 pts better than last year in my opinion.

I also want to add something that @Earnhardt Forever brought up about the late "Great Gaster" 91-92 team and the team that Mason has now...yeah, coach G went 10-0 his second year, but look at the athletes he had. Stevie Wonder could have called blind plays all game and dropped 60+ on the opposing team with the amount of talent that team had. They were a "True" varsity. Not taking anything away from the great, but Mason is coaching a 8th grade team who want hit puberty until next summer!

That's when the "Cherries" are gonna start "Popping" and it's not gonna be ours either!

Best chances for wins are obviously CC, SD, and SS and none of those are guaranteed by any stretch. Will be a very tall order to beat anybody else but I'm a believer. . . .

I also want to add something that @Earnhardt Forever brought up about the late "Great Gaster" 91-92 team and the team that Mason has now...yeah, coach G went 10-0 his second year, but look at the athletes he had. Stevie Wonder could have called blind plays all game and dropped 60+ on the opposing team with the amount of talent that team had. They were a "True" varsity. Not taking anything away from the great, but Mason is coaching a 8th grade team who want hit puberty until next summer!

That's when the "Cherries" are gonna start "Popping" and it's not gonna be ours either!

Albemarle was actually 11-0 in the regular season that year....it was the first year that Albemarle played in an endowment game.

Stevie Wonder didn't coach Albemarle that year....Coach Gaster did. To discount what Coach Gaster did for that program is a huge mistake.

I will say that Albemarle didn't give up in that game. They played with determination. Unfortunately they don't have the strength, speed, depth, experience, and knowledge to compete with a Thomasville team.

Thomasville and West Stanly would be a good game. West Stanly has a good group of kids this year, probably the best we have seen since 2010.

To discount what Coach Gaster did for that program is a huge mistake.

I would never discount anything Gaster did, I'm simply making a case for two "Totally" different team. Gaster was the greatest coach ever at Albemarle. There's no doubt that he was Godsend to Albemarle, my problem is that you were comparing the greatest coach at Albemarle and probably would've went down as one of the greatest in the state, but we all know that BS, to someone who doesn't have the talent nor the resume to compare too...that's all I'm saying.

I can't say Mason sucks or got outcoached...too early for that.

I agree with Sway. I loved Coach Gaster. Coach Gaster had many great qualities and impacted the school and community in ways that went beyond football. Nobody who follows AHS would discount what he did.

But I think it's a little unfair to the current staff and players if we're forever comparing their accomplishments to the Gaster days. Perfectly okay for the current staff and players to set their own goals and work toward them. AHS doesn't need to win another five state titles to be successful in my book. If the kids are learning, having fun, behaving, and becoming good citizens, the program will be successful. We should be trying to win, too, obviously. But this group can and should find ways to do that on their own terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT