ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle @ Thomasville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well whats the current score? by the way buddy im kw23, i hear u miss me lol. I figured id let yall RIP instead of throwing more wood on the dumpster fire lol

28-6 Thomasville. Good to hear from you KW. I was worried. You should be happy. We have hit rock bottom...

Albemarle is young...they will take lumps this year. I said 48-6...no surprise here.

Every team will wear us down this year...we just don't have the numbers. I doubt we will have a j.v. next year also...gotta build the numbers back up.

The last I heard it was 51-6 late in the 4th. I also heard that Thomasville took it easy on us. It could have been as bad as they wanted it to be. I am going to tuck my Bulldog tail between my legs and head to my dog house in hopes that I don't have nightmares about Thomasville all night.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
If albemarle works hard and sticks together they could be really really good the next couple years,and be contenders as well,but it's up to the boys not to get down after a loss but use it as motivation...good luck to albemarle the rest of the year,I'm pulling for ya,HS football is better when albemarle is a contender

If albemarle works hard and sticks together they could be really really good the next couple years,and be contenders as well,but it's up to the boys not to get down after a loss but use it as motivation...good luck to albemarle the rest of the year,I'm pulling for ya,HS football is better when albemarle is a contender

Hey Tville congrats on a well played game and the win. Yea I agree I was proud of the way they kept fighting throughout the game. They did really well the first quarter and then the experience and physicality of Tville took over and our youth showed most definitely. Once again great game and I for one am happy to see these teams playing each other again.

Good luck to you the rest of the season!!!

The last I heard it was 51-6 late in the 4th. I also heard that Thomasville took it easy on us. It could have been as bad as they wanted it to be. I am going to tuck my Bulldog tail between my legs and head to my dog house in hopes that I don't have nightmares about Thomasville all night.

See...I was only 3pts off or so lol. I know a little football lol.

Albemarle may have kept up the first quarter, but when those pads get to clacking starting in the 2nd, it's murder she wrote. Facebook definitely yelling wolf, but it's nothing to complain about. If the guys played hard from beginning to end, then we are starting to get back to our roots.

What I don't get is that We have 15 Freshman and just a small amount of other Players. How can there be a gap like that. The math isn't right.

Someone stopped building the Program

I was at the North Stanly game for a while last night, and in the stands it looked like an Albemarle home game from a few years ago. Seems many (if not most) of the players / parents who were integral in the AHS and AMS programs a few years ago have jumped ship and headed a few miles up 52. If the AHS program is to build up for bigger and better things in a few years, it has got to hold on to these freshmen who are taking their lumps this season.

What I don't get is that We have 15 Freshman and just a small amount of other Players. How can there be a gap like that. The math isn't right.

You will see this across pretty much the entire AHS athletics program this year. I will tell you that in a year or two these freshman and sophomores will be special. It's tough because they are talented but asking them as a majority to come out and compete on the varsity level is tough especially with no jv program. You of course have the strength and maturity but you also have the issue of not knowing how to compete at this level for a full game. You will see this team get stronger as the year goes. It wouldn't surprise me to see them win a game nobody thought they would win.

We just have to keep supporting them and let them have the time to grow and mature. Talent wise I honestly didn't see a huge gap between them and Tville. We had some plays that were promising we didn't finish and a whole bunch that our youth showed, but physically which we all expected a huge gap. The kids didn't hold their head at all last night and even down 41-6 if they made a couple of
Good plays they showed excitement and enthusiasm. They played hard.

I for one am excited to watch these boys grow one to two years we will start climbing back up I believe.

Sorry to answer your question I'm not sure why the juniors and seniors are not more active heck we have some great athletes that were not out there in the sophomore class. We do have kids at the junior and senior level at AHS that if they played it would make a huge difference. Hopefully next year we can get more of the juniors from this upcoming season and more of the sophomores out there if we can do that this team will be completely different next year and we could compete with a lot Of the teams we face.

Hmmmm....

Brutal loss. I don't really know if this is "showing up" Albemarle. Lots of youth and inexperience was on the field. These guys had trouble getting out of their own way. A lack of depth is going to hamper the Bulldogs all season. You can really see this problem on defense.

If Albemarle cleans up its school and can keep these kids in the program, you will see the Bulldogs have winning seasons again in 2 years. Otherwise this program will only be able to win against the South Davidsons and Chatham Centrals of the world. These kids played hard for Mason, and hopefully the boosters will be patient with him this season.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
Wasn't at the game but from the reports I got we were no match for Thomasville after the first quarter. Think our size youth and inexperience really showed. However understand our kids played hard the entire game. That's all we can ask at this stage.
Congrats to Tville on the win and hope you have a good year. Understand the series is on for at least 2 more years which is good news. Maybe we can give you a game in a couple of years.......

Hell, two seniors transferred RB/OL to North Stanly, and the rest aren't playing because they don't have any "pride". Albemarle was used to winning so these past 3 years they thought everyone was supposed to lay down! Not! We put in hard work to win those championships!

The heck were they thinking? I blame the parents too!

1. Nobody in Stanly county is winning a state championship

2. If you transfer in hopes to get noticed by college programs, good luck. But there are many stars that played on the college level that didn't have a team around them!

Brutal loss. I don't really know if this is "showing up" Albemarle. Lots of youth and inexperience was on the field. These guys had trouble getting out of their own way. A lack of depth is going to hamper the Bulldogs all season. You can really see this problem on defense.

If Albemarle cleans up its school and can keep these kids in the program, you will see the Bulldogs have winning seasons again in 2 years. Otherwise this program will only be able to win against the South Davidsons and Chatham Centrals of the world. These kids played hard for Mason, and hopefully the boosters will be patient with him this season.

I disagree I don't think it was a brutal loss. It was the first game for these young fellas I believe they learned a lot now they have to get ready for concord this week with the simple goal of getting better. Look this team don't have high expectations this season. Their main goal is to get better every day. They do that then that's a success in itself. If they keep that as their goal and just focus on the details at practice then they will surprise somebody. Keep in mind Tville went to what the 3rd round last season and predictions were they were going to be better this season? It's ok... This is a transition year don't panic keep supporting them and allow
These young guys to mature and learn. The results will be there we just have to encourage them and allow them time to develop.

I disagree I don't think it was a brutal loss. It was the first game for these young fellas I believe they learned a lot now they have to get ready for concord this week with the simple goal of getting better. Look this team don't have high expectations this season. Their main goal is to get better every day. They do that then that's a success in itself. If they keep that as their goal and just focus on the details at practice then they will surprise somebody. Keep in mind Tville went to what the 3rd round last season and predictions were they were going to be better this season? It's ok... This is a transition year don't panic keep supporting them and allow
These young guys to mature and learn. The results will be there we just have to encourage them and allow them time to develop.

I would like to add this. I would take a loss to a team like that with a young team over a win against a team like BH the first game anyday. You have to allow these kids to see what good teams look like and what it takes to compete at that level. That's what championship programs do.

I am interested to see what these kids do in a few weeks against 1a teams after having some time to grow and learn. One thing I loved about last night these kids are competitors they play with heart. They have talent and with any young team it's about putting it all together.

51-6 isn't a brutal loss? LOL. As a little learning point for you, I've yet encountered a team that was on the opposite end of a running clock that would say it wasn't a brutal loss.

LOL

We have reached the period of political correctness and the theory that "everyone deserves a trophy". Albemarle was destroyed last night by a far superior team. No one can spin that truth. The fact that Thomasville was successful last year is irrelevant. As recent as 2012 Albemarle would have held its own against Thomasville. Not today. Not enough mature, experienced talent to compete with a good team like Thomasville.

There's not such a thing as a "good loss". You can learn from losses, but in football you try to put more points on the board than your opponent. Albemarle should focus on the basics, and part of the basics should be that every player is disciplined in the classroom. With a large Frosh class this year, the coaches need to hammer that point over and over and over. Work hard today so you can enjoy future dividends.

51-6 isn't a brutal loss? LOL. As a little learning point for you, I've yet encountered a team that was on the opposite end of a running clock that would say it wasn't a brutal loss.

LOL

We have reached the period of political correctness and the theory that "everyone deserves a trophy". Albemarle was destroyed last night by a far superior team. No one can spin that truth. The fact that Thomasville was successful last year is irrelevant. As recent as 2012 Albemarle would have held its own against Thomasville. Not today. Not enough mature, experienced talent to compete with a good team like Thomasville.

There's not such a thing as a "good loss". You can learn from losses, but in football you try to put more points on the board than your opponent. Albemarle should focus on the basics, and part of the basics should be that every player is disciplined in the classroom. With a large Frosh class this year, the coaches need to hammer that point over and over and over. Work hard today so you can enjoy future dividends.

I am not even sure how to feel about this score. We have taken it on the chin before, however it was to a team that is supposed to be far superior, like DD or Concord. We are supposed to compete with Thomasville, year in and year out. No excuses. There is no excuse for a beating like we partook in last night. I don't care if we are young. If we can't keep from getting beat like a drum every week then we would be better suited to cancel the varsity team and play some JV games. These kids getting their brains beat in every week will not help anything. It will only allow losing to become a habit and accepted. Even our fans are accepting this beating. There is no excuse. Coach Mason's biggest challenge is going to be able to get the athletes out of the halls and onto the practice field. Coming from the mouth of Comet fans this was his biggest weakness while at North. Kids at North didn't come out for the team while he was there. After spring ball it is clear that everyone was ready to jump ship as well. If the season continues in this manor then we will lose whatever talent is left to the hallways or another county school. There is absolutely nothing positive about this game or AHS's current situation. I cant believe as Albemarle supporters we are accepting a 51-6 loss with a running clock in the 4th quarter. If we are going to be good in one or even two years, then we need to be somewhat competitive this year. This is not a bash on the program or Mason, it is just reality.

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever

LOL

Well stated.

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever

LOL

Sorry I'm used to winning championships. A loss is a loss whether it's 51-6 or 21-20. This is not a brutal loss anyway you look at it.

It's not like it was the championship game it was the first the game of the season for a young team, they learned something last night and for a young team that is priceless.

Your statement on there is no such thing as a good loss is obviously someone that has not competed a lot for championships or been the through the journey of a young team and seen it through to watching them win championships. Every opportunity you have to learn as a young team is a great thing. Like I said a loss to Tville, a third rd playoff team, is better than a cheap win against a team like bunker hill for a very young team.

For the record last year Albemarle held its own against Tville. The final of that game was 31-22. My point is that Tville is a good team our guys learned something.

Move on EE your argument is irrelevant unless you have the experience to back up your claims which you do not. I am happy that our
Kids learned something and proud of their effort regardless of
People like yourself they will get better and in a year or two with playing teams like this they will achieve great things in the future just as long as they just focus on getting better everyday it really is that simple it's all about the details effort and hard work.

Smh what's the difference between a 51-6 loss and a 21-20 loss? It's still a loss right?
Nation, There is a big difference between a complete domination by another team and a close game. Having no chance for a win is both mentally and physically exhausting for the players and coaches. If this continues for a few more weeks, it will only get harder and harder for the players to show up and compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT