ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle @ Thomasville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albemarle has new coach lot of new kids. T-ville are always tuff , the red dogs by 3 td's! Still be glad to get some of them good hotdogs up there!

Pulling for Albemarle but they will lose. Good QB, some athleticism, but very young and small. Also not very deep. If Albemarle keeps Thomasville from winning by 2 TDs the Dawgs will score a moral victory. What I'm interested is whether the Albemarle fans show up and support their team.

At practice right now,tville offense is operating out of the shotgun...QB hasn't been under center one time

No matter the outcome fri night, I understand the series has been extended for 2 more years. Just give us a couple years and we could have some more great games. That is if the school board will leave us alone.......

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
I have heard that we are down this year but I don't think we will get killed. I think there has to be some sand bagging involved. I have not seen the team personally however I think the score will be AHS-12, Thomasville-24. We learn from this close loss, survive Concord, and prepare to compete with WS in week 3.

HA! Albemarle is going to get smashed Friday. T-Ville by at least 4 TD's. Albemarle will get winded in the 3rd and 4th after all that hard hitting. They better have ball control and "Slide" when they see the hit coming. They haven't got their weight up yet to play with those boys... Mason better have the ice packs ready, and survive a thrashing by Concord(who shouldn't even be on the schedule).

T-Ville 48 Alb 6.

Reactions: atucker2
HA! Albemarle is going to get smashed Friday. T-Ville by at least 4 TD's. Albemarle will get winded in the 3rd and 4th after all that hard hitting. They better have ball control and "Slide" when they see the hit coming. They haven't got their weight up yet to play with those boys... Mason better have the ice packs ready, and survive a thrashing by Concord(who shouldn't even be on the schedule).

T-Ville 48 Alb 6.
@sway1532, I know on paper it looks like this may be a blowout, but this is AHS vs Thomasville. That is a great rivalry and I have to believe that our team will be up for the challenge. Again, I don't know any of the kids and also have not seen them practice but WE ARE ALBEMARLE. I think its close.

@sway1532 I think its close.

Somebody has to be optimistic Susan, thanks! lol.

I'm pulling strings here, but I've been watching football for a long time, and I've been watching Albemarle for the past 20 years of my young life so yeah....Albemarle is going to get their backs blown out behind the woodshed come Friday.

I have heard that we are down this year but I don't think we will get killed. I think there has to be some sand bagging involved. I have not seen the team personally however I think the score will be AHS-12, Thomasville-24. We learn from this close loss, survive Concord, and prepare to compete with WS in week 3.

Your prediction might be on the. money. Thomasviille will not show up Albemarle although Albemarle's talent pool is low.

When I was at practice Monday the red dogs had about 8 false start/illegal procedure penalties on offense,players lining up wrong...so I'm guessing there's gonna be a bunch of flags Friday night,which I can understand,just hope it doesn't cost them the game...the defense looks really solid,looked like to me we had some playmakers out there....19-7 red dogs

On top of that, this is not the same rivalry as it used to be @susancoleman . The "PRIDE" is absent at AHS and "The house that Gaster Built" is like an Olympian relic....empty seats and no hooting and hollering.

I'm glad we still have few fans though, but when you don't know who's running the ball at AHS or who the QB or Coach is....then that's a problem. You should have seen Facebook yesterday lol!

This will be an old fashioned history lesson...Bulldogs showing the bull pups how it's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
On top of that, this is not the same rivalry as it used to be @susancoleman . The "PRIDE" is absent at AHS and "The house that Gaster Built" is like an Olympian relic....empty seats and no hooting and hollering.

I'm glad we still have few fans though, but when you don't know who's running the ball at AHS or who the QB or Coach is....then that's a problem. You should have seen Facebook yesterday lol!

What was on facebook, sway?

What was on facebook, sway?

Nothing serious. Just past football players having their say so lol.

I mean lets be honest here, back in our "Hay Days", the up coming season was the talk of the town, everybody was looking forward to the upcoming season. Now, no one has a clue of what's happening, who's running the ball, who's catching the ball.....who's the "water boy" etc.

But I do believe we have a good group here that Mason and his staff can work with. It's up to Mason to get the best out of his players though.

One guy asked who was the coach, and one guy said "Mason".....then he goes to say "They'll be in shape" lmao! I was floored!

It's a wonder we even have a team this year with the coaching turnover and the BOE screwing with us. Stan told me this is a good group of kids, they just need good coaching and time to develop. But you're right I don't know any of the kids by name. First time that's happened in a long, long time. I wish them well.....

Reactions: sway1532
@Buddy Rich the BOE is finally doing what needed to be done years ago stop making excuses...

This is my first and last response to you triplej. You can spew all the hate you want, just please do us all a favor. Use PERIODS in your post. I give out of breath trying to read them.....

Yep, that ignore button works wonders! lmao!

Now back to the discussion, This is probably the best group of kids we've had in a long long time. Not only discipline but talent as well. They will be small, but over-time they will get bigger better and stronger. Our Youth league is not too shabby either. All good coaches.

You can't be ignored you make too much noise sobbing about how someone did this and someone did that and they messed us up, just too many excuses man I mean come on your a grown man sounding like a child. I'm sure there is a daycare center who would take you in and pamper you like the baby you are @Buddy Rich

Buddy is a good fellow....while a few of the Albemarle posters are what you can classify as "clueless", Buddy is not one of them. He's actually a voice of reasoning with some of the more uptight Albemarle posters.

I don't agree with Buddy about the supposed BOE "screwing"....the BOE tried to do their job for the first time in 20 years, but Buddy's a good guy.

Take it for what it's worth.

Hey man people love to dish it out on here then get butt hurt and can't take it @Buddy Rich @sway1532

You are right about the intense Albemarle posters who get worked up over nothing. They like to use words like "idiots", but when confronted by others, they simply double down. They like to get very defensive without using logic.

Buddy isn't one of those guys. He's a NCCer and those guys just love Albemarle Bulldog football, win or lose. I don't know about sway.....he usually seems okay. Both guys know that their team will be horrible this year and that the glory years have past, so I don't see the butt hurt that you talk about.

I see it with other Albemarle posters who take themselves way too seriously, but not these two guys.

I truly don't care what you say @Triplej2013, no "Butt Hurt" in this direction. 5 state championships and never lost in the finials...I'll take it. But this will be the last time I respond to you. Good. Day.

Back to the discussion. I've changed my mind on the score. Albemarle 28 T-Ville 21.

I truly don't care what you say @Triplej2013, no "Butt Hurt" in this direction. 5 state championships and never lost in the finials...I'll take it. But this will be the last time I respond to you. Good. Day.

Back to the discussion. I've changed my mind on the score. Albemarle 28 T-Ville 21.

LOL I am with you sway.... Upset 28-21. Really our guys are really young but a great group of kids. I think we are a year or two away. Good luck Bulldogs!!!!

We are talking football, right?

Just kidding. I like your pick and hope it will be reality, but I think Albemarle is a year or two away.

I think this game and the next game will play out a lot like the first two games last year (same opponents). T'ville is probably several TDs better than AHS but first-game jitters could factor in and make the score closer than expected.

Play hard, have fun, and get better - those should be the goals all year. Forget the scoreboard.

I think this game and the next game will play out a lot like the first two games last year (same opponents). T'ville is probably several TDs better than AHS but first-game jitters could factor in and make the score closer than expected.

Play hard, have fun, and get better - those should be the goals all year. Forget the scoreboard.

Very well stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT