ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle @ North Stanly

Before history is made today, I would like to know if there is any other team in the YVC with a State Championship.

I'll wait.

Both South and West have won in the playoffs before. They each have a few playoff wins within the last ten years or so and others before that.

Reactions: atucker2
Sarcasm is your greatest quality sway...

As a WM fan that works in Albemarle and does most of my business there..I will be pulling for the dogs tonight!!! It will be a tough game but I pray that they pull this off. I may even skip the SS game and join you all at NS ...haven't decided for sure. But it bothers me that the fact WM hasn't got a State Championship keeps getting thrown in our faces. Is there no credit to these guys for how well they have done? I for one, have alway been proud to be just across the river from a State Championship team...can WM get just a little bull dog love here as long as we are not sitting acosss the field from each other??

However, for the few AHS fans that show us support thanks it is appreciated and given back with much honor.

We have actually had 3 runner up teams. So close. Hopefully the 4th time will be the charm! I have sit through 4 of those Albemarle championship games and pulled like hell for them as hard as that was. It was really hard in '09.

@Warriorsfan109 nothing but love....kinda :D.

@WMFootballFanatic, it couldn't have been that hard pulling for Albemarle, I mean "We" were carrying the whole YVC besides T-Ville at one point. Just Kidding. You guys will do great, but the 1AA is stacked. Best of wishes.

Reactions: Warriorsfan109
We will pull for You Guys at West Montgomery to win it this year. We would even pull for North Stanly if by some miracle They made it that ffar

WS beat North Lenoir in 2005 and Warren County in 2006.

All the season-by-season scores are on the Web. I won't say where because it probably violates the user terms for ncpreps.com, but you'll find them if you look around.

Lol, heck Quan was a big dude and Albemarle wasn't Albemarle. We would have wrecked him if he was 2-3 years older hands down he would have been sore the next day.

I wonder who would win. The Albemarle 2005-2006 team vs the Albemarle 2014-2015 team? They both had absolutely nothing going for them.....But the 2005-2006 did squeak by North Stanly!

Go Dogs!

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Talk about living in the past....... sway you remind me of Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite..... Get over it. It's 2015 and the way it's looking Albemarle is light years from being relevant in football if it even stays open. Maybe you can get a job as the head trophy shiner in the memorial museum when they shut the place down.

Sway, I will go you even one better. Me and Thelma Lou rode all the way up to Mount Pilot in '01 and watched you guys be quite inhospitable to the home-standing East Surry Cardinals in the Western Finals. Grandpa, tell me bout the good ol' days...

Talk about living in the past....... sway you remind me of Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite..... Get over it. It's 2015 and the way it's looking Albemarle is light years from being relevant in football if it even stays open. Maybe you can get a job as the head trophy shiner in the memorial museum when they shut the place down.

At least I will have some trophies to shine...

To everybody looking for the Albemarle offense to change tonight, you will not get to see nothing different, there are light bulbs on that scoreboard that has never been lit against Albemarle so look for them to pile on the points tonight. I mean after all we have had this ass whooping coming for over 22 years so we will deal with it and in the words of the famous Baxter Morris THE SUN WILL COME UP TOMORROW and its not like its the end of the world. I just hope Albemarle can lose with the same class that they have won with for over 22 years. I will bet that #34 has 425 yards rushing on 10 carries by their stats so pile them on but just remember all the yards in the world wont help you run the ball at Ohio State.

Lol @js2000 "there are light bulbs on that scoreboard that has never been lit against Albemarle" I laughed so hard at work everybody looked at me like I was crazy lmao. But this is true, I don't even consider this a rivalry game. We've wore that a$$ out with no jelly for the last 22 years, won't bother me none if they win tonight. We will have a field full of freshmen and sophomores anyway.

Matter of fact, this is the only way North Stanly can beat Albemarle.....have someone from North Stanly coach Albemarle with a losing record! They let a baseball coach beat'em....no respect here.

Good luck to both teams tonight. Emotions will be running high especially if NS wins. Hope everybody has a good time and keeps it friendly. Two great schools with great kids that each have a lot to be proud of.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Facebook is going nuts. North Stanly fans know there's about to be a pillaging tonight!

SWAY they aint nothing up there to loot. I just find it funny that the truth is NS is no better than they have been for years Albemarle is just that bad, but if it makes them feel better after all the whoopings they have taken over the years then so be it, They cant beat nobody with a winning record. I heard they have a flatbed truck up there to load the goal post on after the game so they can take them to A.L. Lowders and sell them for scrap in the morning.

Reactions: sway1532
It's could get ugly? it's going to be ugly! With or without Williams lol!

Sooooo..... everybody just gon act like North and Albemarle didn't play last night huh?

Well at least Smith threw the ball, but North still stacked 8 or 9 in the box. There is no win here.

Congrats to North Stanly, a school with no real name. Your the real MVP.

Side note, the time for putting your name on the ballot for BOE starts December 1-25 I believe.

The game at North Stanly wasn't ugly. I think that it showed that We have a young Team. North Stanly Fans talked about how hard Our Bulldogs played and the Sportsmanship was good especially at the end

Reactions: spiketomandjerry4
Just think of it this way,North Stanly only has to win 20 more in a row over Albemarle for this to be a rivalry. NS played a pretty good game last night, but they still only a middle of the pack team and until they can beat the WMs of the world they always will be

Reactions: sway1532
West is a great team but to me they still have alot to prove..When you get to the state Championship you win it...Look at Albemarle 5 times 5 state championships..I know North isnt State Championship Material yet but hopefully one day they can contend for one.

And at times this year, WM has a contender, and at times, we have an afterthought. My hope is our boys can put it together consistently when it counts. You are absolutely right CometFan, a lot to prove. The one thing we have this year over 2013 anyway, is a much better defense...once again, most of the time.

West is a great team but to me they still have alot to prove..When you get to the state Championship you win it...Look at Albemarle 5 times 5 state championships..I know North isnt State Championship Material yet but hopefully one day they can contend for one.

You can't win it if you aren't there. No, WM hasn't won one. And yes, Albemarle has. I think playing in December is a good thing win or lose. There can only be one but if you are one of the two it's better than being the rest. Albemarle had a hell of a run with a hell of a lot of talent. You are challenging the fact that WM made it but didn't win. You obviously don't realize that the teams that WM lost too were more talented. When you play big boy football sometimes you lose. Albemarle played big boy football. What's NS's record in the last 21 years vs. Albemarle??? I think WM's is better. That's y'all's rival.. or supposed rival. WM and Albemarle are rivals. NS and em are wannabe rivals, same county but always cathcing the apron strings. Know your role. Football isn't. Hopefully we get to see y'all in the second round and maybe your D1 RB will make an appearance.

Not trying to down play anything BD, but the only rival Albemarle has is Thomasville.

Well....maybe that's the case. But times have changed. Keep your same attitude. It's what makes people on here fired up. I can't wait to see you with your Rowdy Rebel Bulldog shirt on when y'all merge with South Stanly. Then maybe you will be in the same 2A conference as your rival and Albemarle will fall back into the same mediocrity they held so dear for 40+ years before the lightening in the bottle that Gaster found!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT