ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle @ North Stanly

North Stanly should give Alb a tough game. NS has #41 who is more of a D-1 player than anybody else on the team! That dude is big, mean and physical! Not to mention he can punt like nobody else in the YVC! Alb has some huge linemen and #22 can be a game changer if he can keep his head on straight. Should be the best game of the week but I would give the edge to NS.

I will say NS wins this game with or without Williams. Score could be anything. This Albemarle team is in complete disarray. We have no coaching. The kids are without any kind of leadership. The hc is 30 yds away from the team. What kind of coaching is this? Never seen anything like it. When Smith came here I supporting him 100%, but I have seen enough to say he is just not a good coach. There seems to be a total disconnect between him and the team. I was thinking about not going to NS but have changed my mind. I have always supported Albemarle and I want stop now when things are bad. Maybe these kids can pull off a surprise and win against all odds. NS biggest problem will be the mental aspect of beating Albemarle. NS will be heavily favored to win and should, but you never know. This group plays really hard and if they can come together, even without good coaching, there's always that chance they could win. But they have to believe they can win. That to me is the most important thing. They will have to do it on their own. Sometimes one game and one win can define a season. I think this is that one game. Good luck guys!!!!!

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
NS has exactly one effective offensive play, a counter play. It was effective enough against WM to garner exactly 15 points. It was so effective in fact that either they are really, really good at it, or WM was not prepared for it and I do not believe that we weren't prepared for it. So, they are really good at it. You will probably see it 47 times next Friday night because its all they got on offense, or at least that was all they had against our defense. They are also very limited on defense, but Albemarle will probably struggle because their offense has been struggling. Not hating, just giving an honest assessment. If Albemarle breaks any offensive play for more than a couple yards, the defensive players will complain and start throwing their hands up in the air in an attempt to draw a flag. They are the best at that I have seen since Walkertown in the playoffs last year. That is something that is coached into players and they are really good at it.

Reactions: WARRIOR_PRIDE2005
#41is C.J. Harris. North is on a 2 game losing streak, and so is Albemarle. Antonio hasn't played all that great against Albemarle. The Players for Albemarle will hear "are You going to be the first Team to lose to North Stanly in 20 plus years. North will hear about the same with " beat" in it. If North as a big lead at the end of the 3rd Their Fans will be really loud and obnoxious. That darn intercom Man for North will make You hear " first Downnnnnnnn Cometssssss for a week after the game

If anyone goes back and looks at my posts from last week, I said North Moore would beat Albemarle. NEWS FLASH....They did. I'm telling you now Albemarle will get beat and beat bad. I look for North to beat Albemarle worse than West Mont. did.

Williams is overrated, but at least he's getting out of Stanly Co. and getting a top education for himself. So, he will be successful in life if he keeps his head up and stays on course. He is NOT a D1 tailback in my opinion. I can't wait to see him get popped by those LB's or CB's at Ohio St, Mich., Mich. St. or Iowa for that matter. He will get a dose of reality quick, fast, and in a hurry.

I agree with some of the other posters about North Stanly's backfield. It's the other guys that are going to run wild against a Albemarle defense that heavily resembles a giant piece of swiss cheese coated in marshmellow.

North kills Albemarle 54 - 12.

Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
Trust me on this NS will pile on the points ,they have been waiting too long for this time so it will be ugly. 42-6 North wins

I will say NS wins this game with or without Williams. Score could be anything. This Albemarle team is in complete disarray. We have no coaching. The kids are without any kind of leadership. The hc is 30 yds away from the team. What kind of coaching is this? Never seen anything like it. When Smith came here I supporting him 100%, but I have seen enough to say he is just not a good coach. There seems to be a total disconnect between him and the team. I was thinking about not going to NS but have changed my mind. I have always supported Albemarle and I want stop now when things are bad. Maybe these kids can pull off a surprise and win against all odds. NS biggest problem will be the mental aspect of beating Albemarle. NS will be heavily favored to win and should, but you never know. This group plays really hard and if they can come together, even without good coaching, there's always that chance they could win. But they have to believe they can win. That to me is the most important thing. They will have to do it on their own. Sometimes one game and one win can define a season. I think this is that one game. Good luck guys!!!!!
You are right Buddy. North finally gets a win on the field over the Bulldogs with or without Williams and it could be ugly. # 11 Brewer will hurt Albemarle more than Williams if North's coaches get him the ball.

NS has exactly one effective offensive play, a counter play. It was effective enough against WM to garner exactly 15 points. It was so effective in fact that either they are really, really good at it, or WM was not prepared for it and I do not believe that we weren't prepared for it. So, they are really good at it. You will probably see it 47 times next Friday night because its all they got on offense, or at least that was all they had against our defense. They are also very limited on defense, but Albemarle will probably struggle because their offense has been struggling. Not hating, just giving an honest assessment. If Albemarle breaks any offensive play for more than a couple yards, the defensive players will complain and start throwing their hands up in the air in an attempt to draw a flag. They are the best at that I have seen since Walkertown in the playoffs last year. That is something that is coached into players and they are really good at it.
Spot on Buzzard. Counter left counter right with Brewer.............

Reactions: Buzzard15
I look for NS to get their points with Williams, Brewer and Davis. Albemarle will really struggle to score as we have all season. And when we do score there will probably be a holding penalty. Albemarle biggest problem is lack of quality coaching. These kids are pretty much on their own out there. I really feel sorry for what they have had to endure this year. Case in point. 4th and 35 and we run the ball up the middle. Hell a Pop Warner coach would know better than that. Oh well we are stuck with these clowns so we will just have to endure.

I look for NS to pack the place with their fans. Doubt if the Albemarle side is half full as they know what is about to happen. One reason I'm going is to see how they react after they finally beat us. Should be a show for the ages. lol

This post is directed to WMFootballFanatic. My friend although we have never met I want you to know I have great respect for you both as a poster and true supporter of WM Football. You love your team and it shows. You never attack anybody unless you are attacked. Kinda like myself. I have met Warrior Pride 05 and Spudfour, so maybe one day we will meet. In the mean time I will continue to follow your Warriors and hope they get the big prize this year. Take Care.

AHS can win, but they'll have to play smart, minimize mistakes, and probably catch a few breaks.

If the expected happens and AHS loses, hope AHS fans will handle it well. A loss is not the end of the world. This season has helped me appreciate the last 20 years a lot more than I did.

This post is directed to WMFootballFanatic. My friend although we have never met I want you to know I have great respect for you both as a poster and true supporter of WM Football. You love your team and it shows. You never attack anybody unless you are attacked. Kinda like myself. I have met Warrior Pride 05 and Spudfour, so maybe one day we will meet. In the mean time I will continue to follow your Warriors and hope they get the big prize this year. Take Care.
Classy my friend, classy. Much respect to you and Albemarle from across the bridge......

Did Antonio Williams play last Friday?

If he didn't, was he on the sidelines, or did he skip game to attend Ohio State?

Thanks Buddy. I appreciate it. Maybe we will get to meet up one of these days. Good luck this week! I'll be pulling for you!

Still waiting to see if GradePro makes an appearance on the boards this week.

Buddy, you have a place right by the light post. Left of the grill as you walk down the hill.

Thought about not going to this game, but then again what kind of a fan am I if I don't go. Got to be there in the good times and the bad. No doubt in my mine that NS will win, especially since we just lost 4 or 5 starters being given their walking papers. An already thin team just got thinner. Really want to go see all the festivities that I'm sure the north fans have in store. Probably fireworks, fire truck siren, and maybe even a flyover before the game. It's a longshot but there's some talk the OSU Buckeye Band might be there. Anyway it should be a "really big shooo" ala Ed Sullivan. lol. Anyway I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'll be on after the game to tell everybody all about it. Go Dogs.

Buddy your as good as they come friend. It doesn't do any harm in going to see a sinking submarine lol.

I read that everyone that goes in the game at NS on Friday will be checked, I have no problem with that but I do have a problem with it when it's only Albemarle games that everybody pulls this BS and as a fan of Friday night football it pisses me off that people use these games to make it look like Albemarle and their fans are thieves and thugs and therefore we should just shut down the school. I for one will not spend one dime of my money on that God forsaken place up there, I know there are some great people at NS, some I call friends and have for a long time and will continue to be friends after this beat down that's gonna happen Friday but if there's trouble on Friday I would bet it's NS that starts it and not Albemarle. I do hope that all of NS players live in the district they play in, it would be a shame for NS to have to forfeit the only win in over 20 years because of ineligible players , how funny would that be. Yall think about it lol

I read that everyone that goes in the game at NS on Friday will be checked, I have no problem with that but I do have a problem with it when it's only Albemarle games that everybody pulls this BS and as a fan of Friday night football it pisses me off that people use these games to make it look like Albemarle and their fans are thieves and thugs and therefore we should just shut down the school. I for one will not spend one dime of my money on that God forsaken place up there, I know there are some great people at NS, some I call friends and have for a long time and will continue to be friends after this beat down that's gonna happen Friday but if there's trouble on Friday I would bet it's NS that starts it and not Albemarle. I do hope that all of NS players live in the district they play in, it would be a shame for NS to have to forfeit the only win in over 20 years because of ineligible players , how funny would that be. Yall think about it lol

Ha Ha!!!! Maybe they should check the player's addresses as they are checking the fans!!! I'd check the Badin Lake area.......just saying...... Not sure about the Stanly side.. A few I think may have parents on the MoCo end of the county line.

BDharris Trust me they know who they are , I'm just trying to see if they will play them on Friday. LOL

Buddy, if NCPreps were around in 92 would you have given Gaster this much hell with a 4-6 record, a loss to NS, and no playoff appearance? I remember when he came in and everyone hated him. I am not comparing Smith to Gaster by any means but coming in and changing the culture sometimes has its fireworks. I spoke to one of the assistants today after reading some of the posts and accusations and and got a few details. His take was that it was completely the coaching staff's decision on who should be kicked off. They met as a staff and based the decision on the actions of the players after the game. Mr. Kilgore has nothing to do with who was removed and Coach Smith was the one who delivered the message. I found out who the players were but do not agree with sharing players names on this board. The players actions violated every agreement the player and parent signed in the preseason. Player 1-had a cursing/throwing shoulder pads and helmet tirade which continued into the locker room. He cursed and threatened coaches, other players, and the administration. His actions were nothing new as he has had previous meltdowns. This one just went to another level. Player 2-threw his helmet as high as he could walking off the field near the fense where a lot of family and friends gather. It could have easily injured of killed someone. He was also ejected from the game the week before. This player was also kicked off the football team last year for stealing and kicked off the baseball team for trying to fight the head coach. Player 3-threw his helmet several times which also could have hit support staff or a fan. Player 4- had a verbal rant in the locker room while breaking his hand over a locker. His actions were uncontrollable by players and coaching staff and administration. After Player 2's ejection last week against WM, the school made a new rule that if anyone is ejected from now on then they will be off the team. Player 5 was ejected in the 4th quarter and there was no other option. Player 5 also quit last years team early in the year. I as a fan/alumni have never seen anything like this in 30+years of attending AHS events and another 4 of playing. I knew after the game there had to be major action taken and I was happy to see that it was taken care of by the staff. The assistant also said that Coach Smith has a great rapport with the athletes. He calls offense and now defense so he stands away from the team so that he can see. This assistant works another job and gets to practice when he can. He said only two coaches are normally at practice the first half of practice. This is another issue at AHS. Noone wants to coach these kids. We dont have a head coach that works at the school except for our football coach. I took notes and this is about as accurate as I can give. This is a disgrace. I will be at NS this friday cheering on our players and coaches hoping this may have solved somthing. Maybe after Smith is ran off this year, Stone will think about taking over.

Reactions: atucker2
I don't dislike Smith I just don't like his coaching style. period. I wasn't going to the games till 94, Jack's second year here. I'm still going to the games to support the team and will continue to do so as painful as it is. Thanks for all the info. It sheds some new light on things for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT