ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle JV Team?

Abiggdogg11

Dec 8, 2001
From what I was told yesterday, Albemarle will indeed field a JV team in a couple of weeks.

how do u go from not having enough players for a jv team to having 26?

Reactions: sway1532
how do u go from not having enough players for a jv team to having 26?

I would like to know this also....but the show must go on KW the show must go on....And I'm pretty sure it's "Legit"

We added 8-10 underclassmen this week and last. First game is in 3 weeks against CC. I'm surprised as much as anybody.

I can't wait until we redistrict those lines....that's what's killing half of us, on top of that, the state isn't giving the teachers any money to "Survive" on. They don't want an education for poor people, only the rich should have an education is the way it looks.

I cannot fathom what's in someone's mind when they do a cut back or try to stop education. How can you assure the future of this planet and no repeat past mistakes without an education?? Strange.

We added 8-10 underclassmen this week and last. First game is in 3 weeks against CC. I'm surprised as much as anybody.
I can't believe that Chatham even has a JV team. I do know that some of the players that have been on Varsity will be going back down to the JV level to gain some playing experience.

I can't wait until we redistrict those lines....that's what's killing half of us, on top of that, the state isn't giving the teachers any money to "Survive" on. They don't want an education for poor people, only the rich should have an education is the way it looks.

I cannot fathom what's in someone's mind when they do a cut back or try to stop education. How can you assure the future of this planet and no repeat past mistakes without an education?? Strange.

Sway1532, being a teacher is the most underpaid job in our state. They work many long hours and do not get compensated for it. The state is about to make a huge mistake and let numerous teacher assistants go. On the flip side, the house/senate don't have a problem with costing the state millions of dollars by extending a budget decision out again that should have been voted on before July 1. They sure don't mind getting paid that overtime.

Reactions: sway1532
Smells lke the NCC is back up and running. Don't like or trust this. Is Bluebones running some secret recruiting operation?

I can't believe that Chatham even has a JV team. I do know that some of the players that have been on Varsity will be going back down to the JV level to gain some playing experience.

What blows my mind is that North Stanly, which has the second most players out for football in Stanly County, has made an intentional choice NOT to have a JV team (even though they have more than enough 9th/10th graders on the roster listed in the SNAP). One of their supporters told me, "it would take away from the varsity". What it will take away is development of future varsity players.

You also might see a lot of the kids who stand on the sideline Friday after Friday not play next year. All this while tiny Albemarle is putting together a JV team, and even tinier South Stanly has had one from the start.

Bad decision, IMO, on the Comets' part.

The Comets just don't get it. A jv team is very important to the future of the varsity and the football program as a whole. I don't know how Albemarle managed to put one together but hats off to the people that made it happen. Believe me it will pay off down the road.

You need a JV team to give 9th and 10th graders experience and also confidence in playing football. There are very few 9th graders who can compete against varsity competition and many will get discouraged when they are coming to practices and never getting much playing time. The same goes for most 10th graders. With numbers as low as they are in the entire county for football you don't need to discourage anyone. I'm glad to see Albemarle is going to field a team this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT