ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle @ Concord

The key is every kid has to want to be a BULLDOG. You need to instill that from the day they walk through the door of East or Central that on that day they became a BULLDOG. Athletes from the high school need to come down to the elementary schools and be invovled. Coaches need to come around to the kids. They need to have the youth football involved at every game. If you have two youth teams in the same age group one if the A Dogs and the other the 1 Dogs. The "A" needs to be everywhere. The biggest issue in America today is the lack of parental support and involvement. It is a problem at Albemarle. Every parent needs to pressure every other parent to make sure their child is involved and the family is involved.

As students enter middle school focus on young people that may have a chance to excel in sports and get them guidance in the classroom so they are not behind the starting line day one freshman year. All student athletes that have an opportunity to earn a sports scholarship should not have a problem qualifying.

It starts at the earliest age and spreads out into the community. First day of kindergarten, "today you became a BULLDOG! Be proud!"

Athletes from the high school need to come down to the elementary schools and be invovled. They need to have the youth football involved at every game.

I know the football team went to Central Elementary last year and got a little involved I believe. I Also remember the youth league being at every game when I was growing up. At half time, they would be on the filed throwing the ball around etc.

When it comes to young men growing up with in home issues, I for one can relate. Trust me, I've been there. But at some point, you cannot use that as a crutch to act the way you do. If anything, take the situation and turn it into "Motivation". I believe(some) of the coaches cannot relate and there is where you have the disconnect. Gaster was a master at this, and the kids loved him like a father. Smith will need to take lead and sit them down and talk to them. Once he understands them and they understand him, a level of respect will be established. Seth kinda poisoned the well water because he didn't relate and the same athletes that Coach Smith is dealing with now, are the same ones that were Freshmen when Seth was the coach.

I thought heavily about becoming a motivational speaker to the youth in broken homes. Every chance I get, I speak words of wisdom to the youth.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
The key is every kid has to want to be a BULLDOG. You need to instill that from the day they walk through the door of East or Central that on that day they became a BULLDOG. Athletes from the high school need to come down to the elementary schools and be invovled. Coaches need to come around to the kids. They need to have the youth football involved at every game. If you have two youth teams in the same age group one if the A Dogs and the other the 1 Dogs. The "A" needs to be everywhere. The biggest issue in America today is the lack of parental support and involvement. It is a problem at Albemarle. Every parent needs to pressure every other parent to make sure their child is involved and the family is involved.

As students enter middle school focus on young people that may have a chance to excel in sports and get them guidance in the classroom so they are not behind the starting line day one freshman year. All student athletes that have an opportunity to earn a sports scholarship should not have a problem qualifying.

It starts at the earliest age and spreads out into the community. First day of kindergarten, "today you became a BULLDOG! Be proud!"

Excellent Btango!!!!!

I know the football team went to Central Elementary last year and got a little involved I believe. I Also remember the youth league being at every game when I was growing up. At half time, they would be on the filed throwing the ball around etc.

When it comes to young men growing up with in home issues, I for one can relate. Trust me, I've been there. But at some point, you cannot use that as a crutch to act the way you do. If anything, take the situation and turn it into "Motivation". I believe(some) of the coaches cannot relate and there is where you have the disconnect. Gaster was a master at this, and the kids loved him like a father. Smith will need to take lead and sit them down and talk to them. Once he understands them and they understand him, a level of respect will be established. Seth kinda poisoned the well water because he didn't relate and the same athletes that Coach Smith is dealing with now, are the same ones that were Freshmen when Seth was the coach.

I thought heavily about becoming a motivational speaker to the youth in broken homes. Every chance I get, I speak words of wisdom to the youth.

This kid doesn't really have in home issues. Actually has a fantastic mother. Not going any further than that but understand this is a good kid. Additionally if I'm not mistaken the first time he has been in trouble. Just been through a lot these past couple of months. He will be ok and this woke him up. Like I said the two kids have already dealt with and apologized and moved forward. That's not typical of kids these days and should tell us something. FYI that was done by them I am pretty sure before they were told too. Both understood the mistakes they made and anymore that's half the battle. Still a bullheaded mistake with no justification.

This kid doesn't really have in home issues. Actually has a fantastic mother. Not going any further than that but understand this is a good kid. Additionally if I'm not mistaken the first time he has been in trouble. Just been through a lot these past couple of months. He will be ok and this woke him up. Like I said the two kids have already dealt with and apologized and moved forward. That's not typical of kids these days and should tell us something. FYI that was done by them I am pretty sure before they were told too. Both understood the mistakes they made and anymore that's half the battle. Still a bullheaded mistake with no justification.

I know one, and the other I know the mom very well.

My question is, why does it seem like Albemarle is the only school in the Great State of North Carolina that seems to be having on and off field issues...? I never hear about any other team.....strange.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
Just my point of view when you have a turnover like this at the HC position you have turmoil. It will just take some time for coach smith to get these kids buying in and believing he will be here AND they can trust him. He is doing a great job and I expect that after this issue we won't have any more. The players seen he dealt with it accordingly and most importantly didn't over react to it. I imagine both players will be in the doghouse for a long time and will have to earn his trust of them again to show they can do the right things. But he handled it, gave their discipline out and it's time to move forward.

At the end of the day they made a mistake they are going to pay the consequences for that mistake. I guess it would more concerning if it was shoved under the rug.

My question is, why does it seem like Albemarle is the only school in the Great State of North Carolina that seems to be having on and off field issues...? I never hear about any other team.....strange.
I would just about guarantee you that a lot of other schools have some of the same problems as Albemarle. They just don't put it on these boards for all to see.

I would just about guarantee you that a lot of other schools have some of the same problems as Albemarle. They just don't put it on these boards for all to see.
I would say most schools have the same problems.Like you said they don't get posted on these boards.Trust me Concord has some of the same problems.

Yea at Albemarle we throw our dirty laundry out there for everyone to see. Not sure why that is , but I am just as guilty as the next guy.

Reactions: sway1532
Good luck tonight fellas. It's kind of like my daddy used to tell me. 1) This will only sting for a minute but you will learn from it and 2) This is going to hurt me worse than it hurts you. I never did believe him on number 2. But take heart in number 1 because it is true. The sting will be over quickly, you can learn from it, and you can move on to more manageable competition.

I agree foot. Once we get our house in order and the injuries become manageable we could be a pretty good football team.

Reactions: Sleehrat84
To the Albemarle fans: The 2 youth league teams are having a jamboree at the high school tomorrow morning 9-1. My son-in-law is one of the refs. Can't wait to go get on his case. lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT